Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    No not really, you can keep thinking that, but you'll still be wrong. It's a form of respect and when you are an invited guest to someone's country then you adhere to it, or when a friend invites you over you are going to be all yourself and go against his wishes either? No you won't.

Whether it's oppressive or not is completely irrelevant, because you don't live in that country, thus you don't have the simple right to pull that card, it's up to the women that live there and wear veils to say whether it's oppressive or not. Mind you, Lebanon isn't oppressive, it's quite a good country for women, they are allowed to dress quite liberally and have nearly equal rights to their male counterparts.

Mind you, her reason was simply to provocate, nothing else, she's known for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Lebanon doesn't oppress women, if you had a brain cell, you could do the research and read how liberal lebanon is towards their females.
    This "cleric" does, hence why she turn the meeting down, if you had a brain cell I wouldn't have had to explain that to you.

Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    If they are pissed, then that is all on them.
    Yep, and I wish LePen and France good luck with that direction, if she becomes their next leader that is.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2017-02-22 at 04:32 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    This "cleric" does, hence why she turn the meeting down, if you had a brain cell I wouldn't have had to explain that to you.
    "She knew she was required a veil before she left, so why would she travel there, and then turn him down in front of the cameras"

Seems Americans have severe lack of intelligence when it comes to putting the pieces together when it comes to a true act of resentment towards certain customs that may or may not oppress women, vs one that was a pure political move in order to gain more voters.

Also, I have enough brain cells, probably by the looks of your stupidity, more than your entire family combined. Thank you very much.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bigger person? More like a spineless beta. If they are pissed, then that is all on them.
    Tell me, Mr Trump

How about not being a "spineless beta" and standing up for human rights? For freedom of the press?

How about standing up to Mr Putin?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    When you go to a country that treats women as property, view yourself as property!
    Haha good one.

10+ Year Old Account
    No not really, you can keep thinking that, but you'll still be wrong. It's a form of respect and when you are an invited guest to someone's country then you adhere to it, or when a friend invites you over you are going to be all yourself and go against his wishes either? No you won't.

Whether it's oppressive or not is completely irrelevant, because you don't live in that country, thus you don't have the simple right to pull that card, it's up to the women that live there and wear veils to say whether it's oppressive or not. Mind you, Lebanon isn't oppressive, it's quite a good country for women, they are allowed to dress quite liberally and have nearly equal rights to their male counterparts.

Mind you, her reason was simply to provocate, nothing else, she's known for it.
    If my friend has such a stupid requirement, they wouldn't be my friend anymore. Pretty simple.

And yes it is relevant. Why should we be diplomatic with a person who believes woman should be required to wear certain garments?

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    Tell me, Mr Trump

How about not being a "spineless beta" and standing up for human rights? For freedom of the press?

How about standing up to Mr Putin?
    Not a focus topic of this thread.

Why should we be diplomatic with a person who believes woman should be required to wear certain garments?
    Down with the bra as well!
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i thought we were talking about confronting officials about their way to govern their country.

Deleted
    If my friend has such a stupid requirement, they wouldn't be my friend anymore. Pretty simple.

And yes it is relevant. Why should we be diplomatic with a person who believes woman should be required to wear certain garments?

Again go read up on garments in Lebanon. It's only required when you meet their highest spiritual leader as it's custom to do so.

She knew about the requirement before even heading to Lebanon, that makes her move political and disingenuous.

Also I'm fairly sure if your friends read your posts, you'd probably have none left, unless they are as ignorant as yourself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    There is nothing wrong with those pictures unless you're a deplorable.

Seriously.

Even medieval folks had better sense then you blindly bigoted right-wingers. There is no difference between your lack of education and that of middle-easterners from a goat herding tribe.
    I am not, And I dont have to be, a right winger to despise signs of enslavement of one of the sexes,
    These pictures are evidence to how pathetic the left has become when it comes to religion.

So many women in Iran fight to be able to be free of these restrictions, and here comes some feminists from whiteville and shits all over them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    yet you say things like

or things like

So which is it, kill or no kill? it's confusing.

But i don't agree with you, the general population of country in the middle east don't strap bomb on their waist and blow themselves up, they just want to live and let live. A demonstration of force to these population achive nothing. You need them as allies against terrorists, not sympathizer to their cause.
    The people who stay where they are? Good for them and all the best, the swill won't spill over if their things are going good.

Everyone who comes over here to make trouble, put an end to it and them to show that it's not acceptable to try to drag our nations down to barbarism.

Treat people like you'd like to be treated is a principle for a reason. I'd like to remind you that the counterpart to this idiom is that it's a display of how you're willing to be treated in return, and if they have nothing but more shitfits after they're told to quiet it down, put them to the bloodied sword.

Good on her. Finally a feminist in action!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Down with the bra as well!
    I don't think people should care about a bra as well. But I see youre trying to slippery slope the arguement. How about naked? She should be able to meet with diplomats naked because cloths are oppressive ...

Again go read up on garments in Lebanon. It's only required when you meet their highest spiritual leader as it's custom to do so.

She knew about the requirement before even heading to Lebanon, that makes her move political and disingenuous.

Also I'm fairly sure if your friends read your posts, you'd probably have none left, unless they are as ignorant as yourself.
    Which might be one thing, but I still find it backwards. Why would the Lebanese care? Oh that's right ... religious nonsense.

Actually most of my friends would probably just laugh at most of the stuff you are saying. If you think that makes them ignorant, then I am pretty sure they are proud to be.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2017-02-22 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AveMaria View Post
    I am not, And I dont have to be, a right winger to despise signs of enslavement of one of the sexes,
    These pictures are evidence to how pathetic the left has become when it comes to religion.

So many women in Iran fight to be able to be free of these restrictions, and here comes some feminists from whiteville and shits all over them.
    Do you feel the same about women fighting for the "Free the nipple"-cause as well?

Deleted
    Research the term mufti and come back when you are educated on the matter.
    Research about religion in lebanon and come back when you are educated on the matter.

I'd bet $100 that she knew she was going to be asked to wear it, and went with the sole purpose of making a scene and act like this.

It reinforces her electorate and can't hurt the rest (you'd either don't care or be in awe in what she just did because you think it's cool and goes along with your belief).

I mean come on who the fuck goes into a mosque and don't expect to be asked to wear appropriate religious outfit?
    It's totally different that if it was in the streets or something.

As a male, I went to the UAE, wore shorts and t-shirts, but still wore something a bit longer when I visited a mosque. Because that was required and that's just being respectful for a religious monument and mores. I don't wear a beanie when getting into a cathedral or church either, are people gonna make a big deal out of it too?

P.S.: "Le Pen told reporters that she was surprised by the requirement. But a spokesman for the Grand Mufti said Le Pen had been informed of the need to wear a head covering before the meeting." There you go. How shocking. She's the most manipulative bitch we have amongst our politics, and that's saying something.

As someone said, it's just Marine being Marine. Nobody cares overhere.
    Signatures in 2018 LUL

Next French president. Le Pen. Pick one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Le Pen will not win the elections. She might do good in the 1st round, but she wont go farther then that.
    "UK will never leave EU"
    "Trump will never win the elections"
    "Germany will never grow balls"

wait actually the third one is right. Dammit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Respect goes along a way if you want diplomatic relations with others. A hijab is just head-wear to most non-Muslims, and no big deal. And it's much more than a tool of oppression since many Muslim women continue wearing them even in countries where there is no law requiring them, almost as if it's become a tradition since it doesn't actually harm anyone.
    http://mashable.com/2017/02/22/irani.../#9Pet0RCVvOq5

It can harm people not to wear them. Would you respect more of the nation of Iran's beliefs? Would you denounce the fact that Israel is a nation?
    Where do you draw the line?

Why does this respect thing only ever seem to go one way?
    It's expected that foreign diplomats/politicians wear a hijab when visiting the country out of respect. But the country can't be expected to respect them when they chose not to wear one?

If you're there as a rep of your country, I would more so expect you to present your culture in doing so.
    Regardless it should go both ways, it shouldn't come down to "gotta cancel the meeting if I don't wear a hijab".