Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Rivers and water-tables go beyond the purview of states' rights.
    Federal courts demonstrably disagree with your statement.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Federal courts demonstrably disagree with your statement.
    No they don't. Rivers, waterways, and underground water-tables don't adhere to imaginary sovereignty lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    This is more about states rights than anything else. Democrats don't believe in the existence of federal overreach.
    And republicans believe the market fixes all as smoking companies bury evidence about health hazards and externalities become systemic issues. And while water contaminants cause cancer and acid rain destroys crops and local plant life they're the firsts to reach their hands into the blue states pockets to demand money.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    The only reason its losing to natural gas is because of onerous regulations enacted by the hippies working for Obama;s EPA which make it more expensive than natural gas, not because natural gas is less expensive to produce or easier to extract
    Nope. And the evidence for this is all around, but here's an excerpt from one that is a particularly easy read:

Last weekend, the CEO of Michigan’s largest electric utility reiterated that his company is still planning to retire eight of its nine remaining coal plants by 2030 — whether or not Trump tries to repeal President Obama’s climate policies. "All of those retirements are going to happen regardless of what Trump may or may not do with the Clean Power Plan," DTE Energy’s Gerry Anderson told MLive.com’s Emily Lawler.

Anderson’s reasoning was simple. Coal is no longer the economic choice for generating electricity, due to relentless competition from cheaper (and cleaner) natural gas and wind power. In Michigan, a new coal plant costs $133 per megawatt hour. A natural gas plant costs half that. Even wind contracts now cost about $74.52 per megawatt hour, after federal tax credits. "I don't know anybody in the country who would build another coal plant," Anderson said.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.