Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just throw them all out, they are here illegally. Why is this even a thing?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Having a different history doesn't turn his bullshit statement into facts, I am well aware that blacks suffered more discrimination than other races but that is no reason to fabricate outright lies.
    It isn't an outright lie, why pray tell, do black families have a tenth of the wealth as white and asian families? It's form deliberate exclusion and discrimination. No lies here, just inconvenient truth.
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    It isn't an outright lie, why pray tell, do black families have a tenth of the wealth as white and asian families? It's form deliberate exclusion and discrimination. No lies here, just inconvenient truth.
    He said that blacks weren't allowed to keep their wages until the late 20th century, that's bullshit, if you agree with it, I will tell you as well pick up a history book. Now stop race baiting me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakpower View Post
    How dare people want to do specific jobs! Also, wasn't it the right that demonizes jobs? "$15 for flipping burgers, LOL!"
    Sigh.

Another one who is intentionally missing the point.

Let me lay it out so even a kindergartener could understand it.

There is nothing wrong with people wanting specific jobs. Not at all. But usually those take time to achieve whether that's because you need X amount of experience or a certain degree or whatever.

My point is that there are A LOT of Americans not working and there are jobs available that people turn down because they are gross or whatever. I don't give a shit if you think a job is beneath you. If you don't have work and need to pay for shit then take the job. No job should be beneath someone if they need to work.

Hence why I said if you don't want to work that is fine but you can't receive government assistance at the same time. That was my proposal.

I don't see why that's a bad thing. If all these jobs were vacated by the newly gone illegal immigrants and you needed work then take one of those jobs. If you refuse that is totally fine but you no longer can receive the myriad of welfare "benefits" that people can get these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, we work longer and more hours than anyone else. Which includes those wanting 30$ an hour out of Highschool, not just you.

You do know that a garbage man pays very, very, very well? In NYC the entire garbage collection hiring process was controlled by the mob, due to the value of the job. The above is your pejorative opinions of these jobs, not mine. With "trash guy" specifically, it's a high demand job, despite being on your list... because it pays enouph to support their families... just like yours.

If there is nothing wrong with a harvesting job. Could you work it for current pay and support your family?

You need to get over demonizing Americans, so you cannot toss American living standards under the bus. If I wanted working conditions of China or India, I wouldn't be living in US. If you think Americans have it too good, get the fuck out. Your sense of entitlement makes no sense, when Americans work the longest hours of just about every country. We take the least amount of vacation or sick leave... maybe... just maybe... you are the same as those Highschool kids that want to support their families. Maybe, just maybe, you are expressing a pejorative and counter to reality perspective of Americans? You think Americans feel entitled, get the fuck out... You can confuse the greatness and power of America with entitlement, while not enjoying the lifestyle it affords you.

How about you tell me how much it costs to support your family. Then we can see the sort of pay increase justified by even moving to current minimum wage. Then explain to me, the sort of pay increase you will need to justify increasing prices in produce. Then perhaps tell me how much corn we can grow instead of all other farming product, because at least that receives massive subsidies that might justify the cost increase. Explain to me how are farms will be fine and how your pay check will not lose purchasing power, while prices spike.

We don't need to have these jobs, because we enjoy the position of being the sole superpower in the world. We are not a developing nation that will take a loaf of bread and call it supporting their family, while having suicide nets to remind everyone how great these jobs are. We are too powerful and too wealthy to stoop to those levels. Just because you have a need to be divisive and don't appreciate America, doesn't mean Americans need to pretend we are a third world country.

Have you seen their profit margins? No, they cannot, without directly and negative impacting every single American. You are nit a special snowflake, that gets to pretend your special and that you are not included in the impact that results from this. You are not special because you want to support your family and they want 30$ an hour out of college. Until you can understand you are the same... you will have your side and they will have theirs.
    Sorry it's a lot to respond to but I'll try.

There's nothing wrong with wanting $30 an hour but let's be realistic. Not a lot of jobs pay that. And turning down a job (when you don't currently have one) because it's "dirty" or doesn't pay some absurd amount is just childish.

I know the trash guys generally get paid quite well. But you'd be amazed at how many people turn that shit down because it's gross or whatever.

Why do you think I'm wanting to toss working conditions out the window? Like I'm confused as fuck about that. Where did I state that? Where did I imply that? All I've said is I think American citizens should be doing those jobs and not illegal immigrants. How the balls am I implying I want to lower working standards lol

Americans are fucking entitled. In almost every sense of the world. If you don't see that then I don't know what you want me to tell you. I'm an American, I've fought in our military, I've worked in some terrible fucking jobs, and I can still see how entitled and fucking lazy a good chuck of the American people are. Your blindness to that fact isn't my issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It has to do a lot with the societal belief that people in the service and labor parts of of the job market are the absolute bottom rung of working class society.

You could pay a team of custodians $30/HR each to take care of the mall and they would still be judged as lesser for being the person that cleans up after them. And that's sad because people forget that things like malls, movie theaters and sporting stadiums are pipe dreams without a staff dedicated to upkeep.

But, hey. Robots are coming. So, no having to learn respect.
    And people that think that way are idiots. There is nothing bad or lesser class about working a custodian gig or doing other service/labor jobs. The fact that we've gotten to that point is perhaps the most depressing aspect of today's society.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Good thing that isn't happening just their legal status.
    That's the reason trump is talking about muslims all the time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    My point is that there are A LOT of Americans not working and there are jobs available that people turn down because they are gross or whatever. I don't give a shit if you think a job is beneath you. If you don't have work and need to pay for shit then take the job. No job should be beneath someone if they need to work.

Hence why I said if you don't want to work that is fine but you can't receive government assistance at the same time. That was my proposal.
    Unless these jobs start paying a living wage you're going to continue to need government assistance. Which is, y'know, how the system basically works now.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Sigh.

Another one who is intentionally missing the point.

Let me lay it out so even a kindergartener could understand it.

There is nothing wrong with people wanting specific jobs. Not at all. But usually those take time to achieve whether that's because you need X amount of experience or a certain degree or whatever.

I don't see why that's a bad thing. If all these jobs were vacated by the newly gone illegal immigrants and you needed work then take one of those jobs. If you refuse that is totally fine but you no longer can receive the myriad of welfare "benefits" that people can get these days.

Sorry it's a lot to respond to but I'll try.

There's nothing wrong with wanting $30 an hour but let's be realistic. Not a lot of jobs pay that. And turning down a job (when you don't currently have one) because it's "dirty" or doesn't pay some absurd amount is just childish.

I know the trash guys generally get paid quite well. But you'd be amazed at how many people turn that shit down because it's gross or whatever.

Why do you think I'm wanting to toss working conditions out the window? Like I'm confused as fuck about that. Where did I state that? Where did I imply that? All I've said is I think American citizens should be doing those jobs and not illegal immigrants. How the balls am I implying I want to lower working standards lol

Americans are fucking entitled. In almost every sense of the world. If you don't see that then I don't know what you want me to tell you. I'm an American, I've fought in our military, I've worked in some terrible fucking jobs, and I can still see how entitled and fucking lazy a good chuck of the American people are. Your blindness to that fact isn't my issue.

- - - Updated - - -

And people that think that way are idiots. There is nothing bad or lesser class about working a custodian gig or doing other service/labor jobs. The fact that we've gotten to that point is perhaps the most depressing aspect of today's society.
    Source please for unfilled positions at garbage companies, or sewer maintenance companies. What in the world are you on about?

This whole myth that immigrants only do jobs Americans won't do is just ridiculous. The entire residential construction industry is staffed by illegal aliens. Are you implying that prior to the immigration wave, there were no Americans who wanted to be carpenters, plumbers, roofers, electricians, etc.? How did we build houses all those years before? Did we hire foreign corporations to come in and build our houses? What world do you people live in?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Source please for unfilled positions at garbage companies, or sewer maintenance companies. What in the world are you on about?

This whole myth that immigrants only do jobs Americans won't do is just ridiculous. The entire residential construction industry is staffed by illegal aliens. Are you implying that prior to the immigration wave, there were no Americans who wanted to be carpenters, plumbers, roofers, electricians, etc.? How did we build houses all those years before? Did we hire foreign corporations to come in and build our houses? What world do you people live in?
    They had to pay people better. Do you think there were illegal immigrants working on farms for cheap in the current volume 1910?

They had to pay people better. Do you think there were illegal immigrants working on farms for cheap in the current volume 1910?
    Yes. We have used Mexican labor in agriculture pretty much ever since the end of slavery. What are you on about?

Ironically the press is complaining about Trump. Yet where were they when Obama deported more immigrants than any other PotUS before him? I guess it didn't fit the agenda at that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is right. We have been enjoying our position, even as far back as 1910.

The Chinese are uncivilized, unclean, and filthy beyond all conception, without any of the higher domestic or social relations; lustful and sensual in their dispositions; every female is a prostitute of the basest order.
    Unfortunately, "but, I'm sure some are good people", was omitted from the quote. Liberal media of those 1870s...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Peril
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Ironically the press is complaining about Trump. Yet where were they when Obama deported more immigrants than any other PotUS before him? I guess it didn't fit the agenda at that time.
    So take Obamas lead and continue that. Why do we need to extend the power of immigration enforcement if they were already doing a bang up job before?

The press were covering it pretty heavily, actually. There's a reason Obama ended up with the name, "Deporter in chief". Not sure what to say if you missed all that, maybe start watching the news regularly?

The difference is that who Obama was having his agencies target (primarily illegals who were involved in violent/drug related crimes only) and while Trump is targeting a much larger group of folks (including "anyone viewed to be a national security threat", which is literally as vague and general as it gets).

Good, get them all out. Out out out!

15+ Year Old Account
    They used the resources of the immigration and border agencies to remove violent offenders, an incredibly smaller and more manageable amount of people. To try to do with what the DHS via Trump order in deporting misdemeanors will effectively render the US in a humanitarian crisis and a police state.
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were talking about how Obama is soft on illegal immigration and countering your current assertion by reminding everyone that those numbers are inflated, because policy of what constitutes deportation (see caught at border) was changed. Basically, it was one of those things that Obama's opponents denigrated and highlighted, depending on the assertion being made. For example, in this case, excusing Trump's use of national guard, by using your assertion to normalize it. Despite Obama not doing such a thing at all...

In fact, I posted an article on Brietbart from October, that claimed what Trump is doing, was a take over of police by federal government, based on a memo leaked by Soros. Then I posted an article from the 15th of this month, where they hail Trump as a savior for doing it. When you ask why no progress has been made, a mirror might be an appropriate target.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    So take Obamas lead and continue that. Why do we need to extend the power of immigration enforcement if they were already doing a bang up job before?
    Point being, the biased press was mute on the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    They were talking about how Obama is soft on illegal immigration and countering your current assertion by reminding everyone that those numbers are inflated, because policy of what constitutes deportation (see caught at border) was changed. Basically, it was one of those things that Obama's opponents denigrated and highlighted, depending on the assertion being made. For example, in this case, excusing Trump's use of national guard, by using your assertion to normalize it. Despite Obama not doing such a thing at all...

In fact, I posted an article on Brietbart from October, that claimed what Trump is doing, was a take over of police by federal government, based on a memo leaked by Soros. Then I posted an article from the 15th of this month, where they hail Trump as a savior for doing it. When you ask why no progress has been made, a mirror might be an appropriate target.
    Under the Obama administration millions upon millions were deported. And millions upon millions also entered. The border is a like a reloving door.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because of the word Obama... He is negating all of the 'Obama is soft on illegals' rhetoric, to defend Trump in using the national guard. As if I didn't read enouph anti-Obama rhetoric to know exactly what the reply was to anyone defending Obama by saying exactly what he just did to defend Trump. They've been telling us for 8 years how soft he is, now he is a desired target? What's next, we will have an immigration ban that copies a list from a founder of ISIS? Oh, yeah, been there... done that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Point being, the biased press was mute on the issue.
    And your sides "biased press" claimed Obama was soft on the issue and are only using it now because it's convenient. Round and round we go eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Under the Obama administration millions upon millions were deported. And millions upon millions also entered. The border is a like a reloving door.
    Now, is where irony comes in. Your previous claim to irony in people not comparing what Obama did to what Trump is doing, has just confirmed your hypocrisy. Two posts ago you thought it was ironic that no one mentions Obama's deportation numbers and now explain why they don't? You got to admit that's funny...

- - - Updated - - -

And your sides "biased press" claimed Obama was soft on the issue and are only using it now because it's convenient. Round and round we go eh?
    He called it ironic, just 2 posts ago. Was there even 15 min between?