Thread: stormblood

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    *snip*
    2) The developers have already doubled down on the story being mandatory, and Square-Enix in regards to FFXI and now FFXIV have never really been very open to changing their games based on player feedback. Not saying they've never done it, but any changes they've made have been small or as a result of them looking into what players say and testing it out and gathering data about it first before doing anything, and it's never been in regards to an entire game system that's in place and I doubt they'll start now.
    Sorry. I agree with the overall message of your post. But in response to the bolded- wasn't A Realm Reborn; quite literally, Square Enix remaking not just a game system, but the entire game based on it's reception (vis-a-vi player feedback)?

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Sorry. I agree with the overall message of your post. But in response to the bolded- wasn't A Realm Reborn; quite literally, Square Enix remaking not just a game system, but the entire game based on it's reception (vis-a-vi player feedback)?
    Yes and no. The game was remade based on the fact that FFXIV 1.0 was not successful due to being disliked, heavily, by the players. It was a commercial failure, and they wanted it to succeed. The changes they made were not based directly on player feedback, meaning they didn't build their game from scratch and go back and forth with players and integrate that feedback into their game design.

So yes, the game was remade as a result of players expressing their negative feedback, but the remaking of the game and the design decisions behind it were not exactly based on what players suggested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The other part of this whole thing is that all of this discussion is pointless IMO for two reasons. 1) This isn't the official forums and FFXIV is based out of Japan, so It's not impossible that whatever is being discussed here will ever be seen by a developer, so all this trying to convince other random players that have no power to change anything anyway is meaningless and 2) The developers have already doubled down on the story being mandatory, and Square-Enix in regards to FFXI and now FFXIV have never really been very open to changing their games based on player feedback. Not saying they've never done it, but any changes they've made have been small or as a result of them looking into what players say and testing it out and gathering data about it first before doing anything, and it's never been in regards to an entire game system that's in place and I doubt they'll start now.
    Pretty much those two points, hence why I personally am not arguing with a select few in here because all it's going to devolve into a shouting match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.