Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Wait, are you claiming some sort of superior military status? Are...are you serious? Are you legit talking military smack? Bring it on, limey. We will mop the fucking floor with you clowns. With ease.

You couldn't defeat us with a superior military. What makes you think you can do it against one infinitesimally superior to yours? You don't have the heart, and you don't have the shooting skills of our boys who have been using guns since age 8. Hell, you don't even have a ship big enough to carry jets to our shores.
    Wow claiming that would be plain retarded. You do understand how the world works right? No super power on this earth can ever start a war with another. If that were to happen then it would simply spell the end of all life on Earth. If a war happened now, yes, we'd loose. If a war happened, the repercussions would be too much for even the mighty USA to handle. The world would be such a better place if you were still under our boot. Churchill should of gone ahead on those warplans dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Wow claiming that would be plain retarded. You do understand how the world works right? No super power on this earth can ever start a war with another. If that were to happen then it would simply spell the end of all life on Earth. If a war happened now, yes, we'd loose. If a war happened, the repercussions would be too much for even the mighty USA to handle. The world would be such a better place if you were still under our boot. Churchill should of gone ahead on those warplans dammit.
    Which war plans?

Which war plans?
    Can't recall the codename, they were declassified about 3 years ago. Troops stationed in Canada, weeks away from invading. But then Hitler happened. Back when we still had an empire. Would of been a very dominant force. Hitler saved the USA, who would of known.

Can't recall the codename, they were declassified about 3 years ago. Troops stationed in Canada, weeks away from invading. But then Hitler happened. Back in the Empire days. Would of been a very dominant force. Hitler saved the USA, who would of known.
    What on earth are you on about? The UK has never, at any moment in history, been a match for the US. We kicked your ass with shovels and rakes. What makes you think you are tough enough to take us on after we had an actual army? This made me laugh soooo hard. Thank you for posting this. I'm going to go research this with glee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    One of these days your boy will actually accomplish something beyond threaten an alliance that has withstood for at least a century.
    Threaten an alliance? Exaggerate much?

The only people that are threatening the US/UK alliance are the people that started the petition and the pompous windbags in Parliament defending it.

What on earth are you on about? The UK has never, at any moment in history, been a match for the US. We kicked your ass with shovels and rakes. What makes you think you are tough enough to take us on after we had an actual army? This made me laugh soooo hard. Thank you for posting this. I'm going to go research this with glee.
    I think you've been reading the wrong history books friend. At the height of the British Empire, noone was a match much like the USA is now. The difference now is that no matter how strong you are, nukes still win.

I think you've been reading the wrong history books friend. At the height of the British Empire, noone was a match much like the USA is now. The difference now is that no matter how strong you are, nukes still win.
    Weird. How did we beat you with shovels and rakes then?

The height of power was WAY after we were at war. The proposed invasion was closer to the height of power.

The height of power was WAY after we were at war. The proposed invasion was closer to the height of power.
    But the revolution is when you had the largest advantage, yet you lost. We literally had NO army. At all.

But the revolution is when you had the largest advantage, yet you lost.
    You were being supplied munitions and arms by Spain and France, the latter of which declared war against us. In all honesty we value Jamaica more than we did the US colonies as we were hooked on sugar. You just weren't important enough at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    You were being supplied munitions and arms by Spain and France, the latter of which declared war against us. In all honesty we value Jamaica more than we did the US colonies as we were hooked on sugar. You just weren't important enough at the time.
    That makes you look more foolish, not less. Just sayin...

That makes you look more foolish, not less. Just sayin...
    With hindsight you're obviously right but at the time we were raking it in from our sugar plantations in Jamaica.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    If you fine folks have time for lengthy read, this is the transcript of the whole thing.

Didn't see it linked anywhere.

I maintain he still shouldn't be afforded a state visit. A normal visit? Sure, he's the US President. But a state visit? Fuck no. He's done nothing to earn nor warrant it.
    There's some sick burns in that transcript, I'm barely part way through and it's well worth the read.

Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    With hindsight you're obviously right but at the time we were raking it in from our sugar plantations in Jamaica.
    I mean, what good is it to be the worlds first drug cartel, if you don't have the sugar to make it taste better?

OP's title is incorrect and click bait.

All those guns donated by France and Spain probably helped, especially as they later entered the war on the American's side (and then the Brits declared war on the Dutch) so ultimately the British forces had to abandon the American theater to concentrate on the stronger foes closer to home.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    All those guns donated by France and Spain probably helped, especially as they later entered the war on the American's side (and then the Brits declared war on the Dutch) so ultimately the British forces had to abandon the American theater to concentrate on the stronger foes closer to home.
    I feel like there is a very big thing you are leaving out. A huge blue thing.

The Atlantic?

France was mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The Atlantic?
    Bingo.

Let's face it, pre-WWII, it was the ocean that kept the US safe from invasion. It still is but, only because you can't move across said ocean without us allowing it. Before, it was just too expensive to try and come fuck with us.