Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/21/europe...n-grand-mufti/

The next French President Marine LePen will make France Great Again!. She doesnt buckle to other leaders. Shes not a wimp like Sarkozy or Chirac were. As she was visiting other world leaders yesterday, Lebanon's Grand Mufti demanded she wear a headscarf and she told him to shove it up his ass and cancelled the meeting. She isnt a pansy and bowed to his wishes like Hillary wouldve been had she won or Michelle Obama.

I'm a registered democrat and I 10000000000000000000000000% agree with her. If they don't change their customs when they visit us, why the FUCK should we conform to theirs when we visit them?!

I'd also tell that cunt to shove that scarf two miles up his ass.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

So, anyone against mandating the head scarf... do your principles extend to any other pieces of clothing? Or are you a hypocrite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I hope she gets in. It'd be nice to see another European nation gain some backbone.
    Seems you're under the impression the far right is actually popular in the north/west of main land Europa. She's not even the only anti-immigration/skeptic on the list.

Fucking A.

Not a single shred of respect should be given to magical or superstitious beliefs. Including the custom that are sprung from humanity's greatest flaw.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-02-24 at 11:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Fucking A.

Not a single shred of respect should be given to magical or superstitious belifes.
    Wow aren't you a special type of asshole.

I'm an agnostic person myself but I would never go out of my way to disrespect or discredit other person's beliefs or faith. Intolerance only fuels hate.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-02-22 at 09:23 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Fucking A.

Not a single shred of respect should be given to magical or superstitious belifes. Including the custom that are sprung frim huambity's greatest flaw.
    If I'm inviting you into my home, I expect you to follow my customs.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh sure it seems like that...till the Germans come knocking, then next thing you know she'd be running for the hills.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'd call it more having a lack of respect. I'm sure he'd have to observe certain French customs and whatnot if he were to visit her.

Then again, she's apparently the kind of "leader" idiot people want these days so... have at it.
    which french customs. Gel in his hair? A designer suit? Are you for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    If I'm inviting you into my home, I expect you to follow my customs.
    If one of your customs is misogynistic, you can expect people that don't hold those beliefs to be a bit apprehensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/21/europe...n-grand-mufti/

The next French President Marine LePen will make France Great Again!. She doesnt buckle to other leaders. Shes not a wimp like Sarkozy or Chirac were. As she was visiting other world leaders yesterday, Lebanon's Grand Mufti demanded she wear a headscarf and she told him to shove it up his ass and cancelled the meeting. She isnt a pansy and bowed to his wishes like Hillary wouldve been had she won or Michelle Obama.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    OH
    THE
    HORROR

respecting other people's culture.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Also Trudeau.

you sir made my day, thank you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Swedish politicians also had to wear those in iran recently, while they where there to discuss women rights among other things lol.

Ah yes Sweden n it's "feminist foreign policy"...

http://www.government.se/government-...oreign-policy/

"Punch Nazis in the face! Bash the fash!"
    "Wow, she really should just wear the headscarf, you need to accept others beliefs"

This is why even as a Californian liberal I hate my own side of the political spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Wow aren't you a special type of asshole.

I'm an agnostic person myself but I would never go out of my way to disrespect or discredit other person's beliefs or faith. Intolerance only fuels hate.
    Posting on MMOC is hardly going out of the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    If one of your customs is misogynistic, you can expect people that don't hold those beliefs to be a bit apprehensive.
    If you're not willing to swallow a bit of pride in the name good diplomatic relations you have no place being a world leader. Tell me, in France can women go topless in public? Can men?

If you're not willing to swallow a bit of pride in the name good diplomatic relations you have no place being a world leader. Tell me, in France can women go topless in public? Can men?
    So are you against those changes in the future? Or is it only good to dictate how women should behave if it's western women confronted by other religious beliefs not commonly found here?

Hey if you are going to move the goalposts, can you at least leave them in the same stadium so I at least have a chance?
    Stop equating bowing to a misogynistic religious practice to taking one for the team or the free the nipple movement.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Hey if you are going to move the goalposts, can you at least leave them in the same stadium so I at least have a chance?
    Stop equating bowing to a misogynistic religious practice to taking one for the team or the free the nipple movement.
    How am I moving the goal posts? Both countries have laws that require women to cover themselves. To be outraged by one but not the other is this little thing called "hypocrisy".

If she wants to be leader of a world power such as France she needs to mature the fuck up. Her actions will have consequences for her people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    So are you against those changes in the future? Or is it only good to dictate how women should behave if it's western women confronted by other religious beliefs not commonly found here?
    I don't think there should be any laws, especially in regards to "morality", that target women over men. I think laws that require a head scarf are as equally as retarded as laws requiring women to cover their chests. But if I'm invited to a nation as a guest then I will conform to their customs as I would expect them to when they visit my country as a nation.
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2017-02-22 at 08:26 PM.

Maybe one day being french wont be an insult in the US again!
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

How am I moving the goal posts? Both countries have laws that require women to cover themselves. To be outraged by one but not the other is this little thing called "hypocrisy".

If she wants to be leader of a world power such as France she needs to mature the fuck up. Her actions will have consequences for her people.
    The practice of women wearing shirts to cover their breasts, while controversial, is widespread across the world and not religiously enforced. A woman being required to cover her head is much more localized in countries that demean women so yes it is a false equivalency hence the moved goalposts.

Also, telling a woman to "suck it up" and wear the scarf to respect their beliefs is horrible.