Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    If you want people to sign up to defend lives, including their own, you need to offer them the ability to live a life that is worth defending, which for alot of people, is a life with children. You don't need a heart in order to offer someone something that they think is worth risking their lives for.
    Trust me. Im with you. My statement was a Devil's Advocation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Personally I feel the same way, but IMO that counts even if you decide to be a cop or fire fighter.

But that's me.
    As they are state jobs, I agree that they should be required to care for those people just the same. If you sign a contract which says you may be losing your life to protect others, you should be cared for fully.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The pro is you stop letting people spend a bunch of government money until you assess the situation and see what we need.

That's the thing about government, it has no problem spending money that isn't theirs.
    Ya you don't need to stop everything to figure that out.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Personally I feel the same way, but IMO that counts even if you decide to be a cop or fire fighter.

But that's me.
    Yet leaders of BLM got invited to the White House to meet the PotUS. The very same organization that chants "Kill the cops" and "Pigs in a blanket! Fry em like bacon!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I know it's not a popular thing to say, but they'll have to take their kids to a civilian day cares. It's great when you can offer it, sometimes things get cut or suspended.
    PArt of the problem is that the military doesn't have set hoursnso we can't always pick them up by 5. On post childcare typically have extended hours.

- - - Updated - - -

You realize that having there children taken care of fallows under both bolded words right? Kinda hard for a soldier to perform there duty if they got to worry about how there kid will be taken care of.
    Thats why they are required to the have Family Care plans, google it, im to lazy to elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Trust me. Im with you. My statement was a Devil's Advocation.
    Your position was this decree was coming from someone without a heart.

My position is that a heart is not needed for this decree, just a lack of willingness to have people who want lives with kids to sign up for the military unless they absolutely need to.

Those that don't want kids will be the ones signing up now, instead. How many that will be is yet to be determined.

As they are state jobs, I agree that they should be required to care for those people just the same. If you sign a contract which says you may be losing your life to protect others, you should be cared for fully.

Agreed 100%
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Im only speaking from the mind of a heartless soul. So keep that in mind. I don't agree with what im about to say. But this is the way some think.

Services and resources for the person in uniform to perform their duty. Those could mean things the soldier themselve need, not those who depend on them. Services, such as medical care. Resources such as education.

Child care doesn't kill bad guys. And as for their emotions and concerns about their children. That means nothing to the person telling you who to shoot. They expect you to be "hardened" and able to focus on the current task at hand.

It is very cold hearted, but so is war.
    Heres the problem with that.

The military spends lots of money on training soldiers and retaining them, once they get married and have kids like anyone else, you have to offer childcare of some sort to entice them to stay in, otherwise you would have a exodus of well trained, good soldiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Heres the problem with that.

The military spends lots of money on training soldiers and retaining them, once they get married and have kids like anyone else, you have to offer childcare of some sort to entice them to stay in, otherwise you would have a exodus of well trained, good soldiers.
    Lets hope that happens. It will send quite the message to the powers that be.

I do so wish more people would vote with their feet.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The pro is you stop letting people spend a bunch of government money until you assess the situation and see what we need.

That's the thing about government, it has no problem spending money that isn't theirs.

But extra costs that Trump has incurred are ok right?

Ya you don't need to stop everything to figure that out.
    That's your opinion, and you're welcome to it. I myself would have done the same thing. Government is too fat and needs to be trimmed, take money from shit programs and put it in things that matter such as health and education.

PArt of the problem is that the military doesn't have set hoursnso we can't always pick them up by 5. On post childcare typically have extended hours.
    I understand the struggle, but how does it really differ from non military people? I have to travel and my hours aren't always written in stone. My wife grew up a military brat and her mom had to juggle those tough 30 days in the field with other family members, this is back in the day when no child care was provided at all. Maybe things are different, but unless it was a guaranteed service at enlistment, then child care services is just a bonus. It's great when it can be offered out, but how big of a problem is it really? Maybe Ft Knox and the other base could reassign people who are interested to provide care until things get resolved.

Seems Donald Trump just wants to keep on making enemies, it's going to come back and bite him.

That's your opinion, and you're welcome to it.
    Its not a opinion, its a fact and basic math.

You don't need to fuck everyone over to weed out the few things not needed. Taking care of our solders shouldn't be in question at all. You know what isn't needed, making a shit ton of military hardware that won't ever be used. How about we cut that before fucking every solder over.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's your opinion, and you're welcome to it. I myself would have done the same thing. Government is too fat and needs to be trimmed, take money from shit programs and put it in things that matter such as health and education.

I agree, we should cut excess funding to unneeded travel expenses for the president.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    But extra costs that Trump has incurred are ok right?
    OMG YES TRUMP IZ AWZOME HE IS A GOD HE CAN DO NO WRONG! /sarcasm I am never in favor of needless spending, that's why I think it's bullshit him and his family doesn't stay in the white house, they have that right but I think it's wasteful.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not a opinion, its a fact and basic math.

You don't need to fuck everyone over to weed out the few things not needed. Taking care of our solders shouldn't be in question at all. You know what isn't needed, making a shit ton of military hardware that won't ever be used. How about we cut that before fucking every solder over.

Basic math? I don't think a hiring freeze is basic math.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I understand the struggle, but how does it really differ from non military people? I have to travel and my hours aren't always written in stone. My wife grew up a military brat and her mom had to juggle those tough 30 days in the field with other family members, this is back in the day when no child care was provided at all. Maybe things are different, but unless it was a guaranteed service at enlistment, then child care services is just a bonus. It's great when it can be offered out, but how big of a problem is it really? Maybe Ft Knox and the other base could reassign people who are interested to provide care until things get resolved.
    You're missing the point.

Given the pay and the hours, if childcare wasn't subsidized, it would be a huge inconvenience on the soldier, and ultimately the military, since training would have to be limited to regular business hours, which is unrealistic.

Skilled, trained, and fantastic soldiers would just exit the service for greener pastures, better pay and better hours.

Basic math? I don't think a hiring freeze is basic math.
    No a hiring freeze without looking into the negative effects is trump being a fucken idiot. A hiring freeze without set limits was a dumb idea and this is one of the outcomes of it.

There was many ways to go about cutting some funding and this was the most stupid way. Because now the freeze don't just effect people trying to get hired but now effects those working for the government.

No a hiring freeze without looking into the negative effects is trump being a fucken idiot. A hiring freeze without set limits was a dumb idea and this is one of the outcomes of it.

There was many ways to go about cutting some funding and this was the most stupid way. Because now the freeze don't just effect people trying to get hired but now effects those working for the government.
    OMg a hiring freeze, child care, omg the sky is falling! Yeah I am not buying it.

OMg a hiring freeze, child care, omg the sky is falling! Yeah I am not buying it.
    Nice argument, totally adult and constrictive..................

10+ Year Old Account
    You're missing the point.

Given the pay and the hours, if childcare wasn't subsidized, it would be a huge inconvenience on the soldier, and ultimately the military, since training would have to be limited to regular business hours, which is unrealistic.

Skilled, trained, and fantastic soldiers would just exit the service for greener pastures, better pay and better hours.

You know, while I don't agree with what I'm about to say, I still feel it should be said.

If soldiers are not being paid enough maybe they should find a better job or negotiate wages better.

Now, I should include I don't actually agree with this for the same reason I don't agree with it being said for any other time. It doesn't actually fix anything.