Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This just in, Mika continues to be an idiot and somehow "Morning Joe" is a show that still airs on TV.

But I'm sure this will be spun as truth that there's a vast liberal media conspiracy to control peoples minds.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha, Reminds me of Kane the leader of NOD from Command and Conquer.

Well... what shall we talk about, hmm? Your powerful GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children... Of course, that is not true, but the world only believes what the media tells them to believe, and I tell the media what to believe, it's really quite simple.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This just in, Mika continues to be an idiot and somehow "Morning Joe" is a show that still airs on TV.

But I'm sure this will be spun as truth that there's a vast liberal media conspiracy to control peoples minds.
    Mika Brezinski is the daughter of one of the most celebrated foreign policy thinkers: Zbigniew Brezinski.

You may despise Mika and Joe as being idiots, and I certainly am part of that crowd that doesn't like them, but the stuff they say on the show is important to follow given the connections both Joe and Mika have.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Sounds like something from the dystopian movie, The Running Man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    "Control" seems a very poor word to use since it sets off a lot of warning bells for people. The overall of what they're saying isn't bad though, the Media should be a more trusted source of news than the leader of a country.
    It SHOULD be. But with the amount of misinformation, increasing bias and flatout false stories given by both sides in the last few years because of Social media and Clickbait not being fact checked and being reported as news, People have become disillusioned with the media.

The amount of times I roll my eyes at Stories from both Conservative and Liberal sides and then hear like 2 days later that they retracted a story or all the facts weren't "available" at the time of Publication has increased tenfold in the last 4-5 years.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-02-22 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Well, to be fair, your topic implies that "Our job is to control exactly what people think" is a quote from Mika, when it's not.

All she said was, "And that, that is our job" after at making at least 4 different points about Trump trying to "undermine the media", "make up his own facts", and that he could "undermine the messaging" about unemployment and the economy as it gets worse, so that he can "control exactly what people think."

So what's "our job" in this context? To undermine themselves? Undermine messaging about the economy and unemployment? Make up their own facts? Control what people think? Or was she saying that "our job" is to do those things against Trump's attempt to do those things?

Hmmmm.
    Stop with those context clues, we are only to take people at exactly what we think clips of their words mean.

The Media and Journalism is a check to blanket governance. Free press is important, but bias exists. Multiple sources with primary sources as their source need to be used. Talking heads, talking about talking are not. Don't know how to fix that for people, but if you don't have the time to research you might as well just not participate. TLDR isn't really a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    It SHOULD be. But with the amount of misinformation, increasing bias and flatout false stories given by both sides in the last few years because of Social media and Clickbait not being fact checked and being reported as news, People have become disillusioned with the media.

The amount of times I roll my eyes at Stories from both Conservative and Liberal sides and then hear like 2 days later that they retracted a story or all the facts weren't "available" at the time of Publication has increased tenfold in the last 4-5 years.
    Damn straight! The media (right or left leaning) is all about click bait journalism these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    It's funny how the only thing you took from that bolded paragraph was what Mika said about "It's our job" and just dismissed the rest of it entirely.

You don't have a problem with the president making up his own facts or that he is also trying to control what you think.
    He and everyone else can try all they like, but I was highlighting the article and its' key point for those limpwrists who think this type of thing isn't going on in the media.

Guess what, I don't have to caveat everything I say with a "hey this is bad but Trump is bad too!" line at the beginning. His stupidities speak for themselves and there's already 1502343253252343434980923432.2 people talking about it. I mention other stuff and I get responses like yours, gg not so smart.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post

I agree the media really doesn't do itself a whole lot of favours, late-night comedy is more trusted than MSM.

Quote Originally Posted by isuridedes View Post
    You say I'm blind... but I think rather that your own review is covered in half-truths. The National Defense Authorization Act does exactly what you say it does, but that does not preclude members of the media from presenting fact over fiction. Your comments about corporate ownership are also true but again, you're conflating corporate wants with government wants, as though these always line up.

The history of this country is full of examples of members of the fourth estate risking (and sometimes losing) their lives and their livelihood in the pursuit of truths that this or other nations would rather not have revealed.

To presume that all media is without merit because of the issues you cite is sheer ignorance.
    This entire post is drivel. Nothing I said was half truth, it was full boat.

Corporate wants and government wants always line up, because at the end of the day they either cooperate or one side strongarms the other where they have the ability to. In the end you have what you have.

The media able to present fact over fiction ends at the editorial door, or at worst case scenario the drop mic/dump button switch. Go on as a media person and try to tell the 'truth' and see how far that gets you.

The reporters and journalists you want to highlight as risking and losing their lives were doing so in service of the same corporatist chess game I've already spoken of. There's been few and far between of those types who've truly sought for truth, coincidentally many of them die of suicide. How strange.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Trump was right!
    But 3 Rights make a Left!

Trump Confirmed for Liberal!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    Did anyone ever think the US media (likely most media) isn't corrupt as shit?

I mean the AP was caught colluding with the DNC and the Clinton campaign a long ass time ago.
    Things that never happened, got it.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Mika Brezinski is the daughter of one of the most celebrated foreign policy thinkers: Zbigniew Brezinski.
    Most reviled you mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I guess if you believe those pesky rushuns fabricated those 30,000+ emails.
    Enjoy living in your delusion.
    Ignorance is indeed bliss.
    See, that's what I mean.

Nothing in Podesta's e-mail demonstrated any such thing. The last time we went through this, the "most damning" thing in Podesta's e-mails was supposedly a staffer saying "hey, did you see what this Buzzfeed editor just tweeted?"
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-02-22 at 10:55 PM.

I mean, I guess if you believe those pesky rushuns fabricated those 30,000+ emails.
    Enjoy living in your delusion.
    Ignorance is indeed bliss.
    It's crazy to me how the "it's the russians" excuse worked. How are people that ignorant...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    See this is where the media has it all wrong.

It's not ANYONE's job to tell us what to think. They are there to inform us of what is going on so that we may form our own opinion on it.

No more and no less.

Douchebags like this guy deserve to receive a solid kick to the nuts.
    Truth

anyone saying WE CONTROL WHAT YOU THINK needs to be stopped

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

I'm still amazed that anyone takes Joe Scarborough seriously when he pretends to be a Conservative. Even John McCain is like...wait...what?

As amusing as this is, it's obviously a slip of the tongue, and she meant their job was to present the facts. I mean, they don't actually do that but, it is in fact technically their job.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing proved here is that the reading comprehension of the average MMO-Champion Off-Topic reader is beyond abysmal, completely taking what she said out of context and spinning it. This is 3rd Grade level reading comprehension we're talking about... We're talking "Idiocracy" levels of unintelligent here. It's fairly obvious to anyone with gray matter between their ears that Mika meant that it is the medias job to not allow Trump to invent things and to hold him accountable.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Brzezinski's are birds of a feather. Her father after all ruined many middle eastern countries as an ardent cold warrior. I would be surprised if that is how they think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.