Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    You will be happy to learn that that is exactly what they are doing with the Chronicle series, which has the first volume released and the second in march.
    Yeah what I distaste is the bloody price tag. I wouldn't mind too much if the tag wasn't so demanding really. I like to read books but not when to be fair, they retcon even the simplest of things.
    I've bought warcraft books in the past to which some now make no matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Yeah what I distaste is the bloody price tag. I wouldn't mind too much if the tag wasn't so demanding really. I like to read books but not when to be fair, they retcon even the simplest of things.
    I've bought warcraft books in the past to which some now make no matter.
    There is a pirated PDF version around for downloading.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Sadly, I do not believe so. I think he actually shows us the current, horrible problem that he has seen and which is why he decided to yield, together with Grand Magistrix Elisande.
    Eeeh, I guess, but Sargeras showed Velen, Kil'jaeden and Archimonde an image that turned out to be false in order to get them to join him. The Legion's not above planting ideas in people's heads with false vision.

I'm not saying the Legion hasn't conquered worlds and the like, just that I'm not sure a full-on void planet would exist, that the Legion knows about and has not yet destroyed. That seems like priority #1 for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The Titans, ruled by an elite sect known as the Pantheon...
    --WC3 manual, WoW in-game book

Ruled by an elite sect known as the Pantheon, the Titans...
    --Blizzard's website

Ruling of the titans was an elite sect known as the Pantheon...
    --Warcraft Saga

The titans are ruled by an elite sect known as the Pantheon.
    --Ultimate Visual Guide.

Retcon. That isn't how the story was originally written.
    Not any evidence that this titan was a 'no name' Titan. Good job muddling the lore for your own argument, though.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreSick View Post
    Not any evidence that this titan was a 'no name' Titan. Good job muddling the lore for your own argument, though.
    and there is evidence that it was of the pantheon? Old gods and their minions would be screaming up and down if they managed to beat a panethon titan, something Chronicle made clear is impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I always assumed the "Titan" in Geologist Larksbane's story was actually either a Titan Keeper or simply a construct (probably the later since all of the Keepers are accounted for per "Chronicle Vol. 1"), and the usage of the word "titan" was less referring to the Pantheon and more to the original meaning of the term.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The old gods/void lords want to force a confeontation between us one will destroy the other while they work in the shadows. The defenders of azeroth or sargeras and his legion. Either destroyed is to their immense benefit for the ultimate fate of the universe. Im thinking upon Argus Sargeras will meet a poetic end becoming enslaved to their will and becoming the very thing he fought to prevent taking form

Sargeras the Dark Titan the ultimate expression of the void lords power and the only thing that can oppose him and his puppeteers is Azeroths titan soul empowering us mortals and the held of the Elune the Light Lord.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-16 at 10:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    High five, Cancerverse pics! I wonder if the actual geography of the Void looks like that.
    A universe made out of flesh with no death? Oh hell yeha!

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=233171/mind-break

spell likely used by one of the bosses in Tomb of Sargeras. Spawn of who now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=233171/mind-break

spell likely used by one of the bosses in Tomb of Sargeras. Spawn of who now?
    More likely a spell used by Mindbreaker Gzzaj, one of the new Brawler's Arena bosses.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

They knew of him, they wanted that, however. When the dark titan does come, their prisons will be free, and they'll try to "Attack" the dark titan. The Old Gods do a small...SMALL...SMAAAALLLLL .0001% wound on sargeras (Better than brox's 0.00000001% wound), which sargeras notices, uses his eye, and destroys them like thin air. Sargeras then uses his fist, does a small tap, and then more than half of the planet is quaked....

Good job Old Gods, you failed your Void Lords...ahaha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Eeeh, I guess, but Sargeras showed Velen, Kil'jaeden and Archimonde an image that turned out to be false in order to get them to join him. The Legion's not above planting ideas in people's heads with false vision.

I'm not saying the Legion hasn't conquered worlds and the like, just that I'm not sure a full-on void planet would exist, that the Legion knows about and has not yet destroyed. That seems like priority #1 for them.
    Oh shit man, you gave me a story:

*Demon does his work*

Demon 1: DUDE! AN OLD GOD HAS LANDED ON A PLANET!

Demon 2: .... O.O

Demon 2: ....Grab Archimonde...

*Demon 1 grabs archimonde*

Archimonde: Yes?

Demon 1: An Old God has landed on a planet...

Archimonde: ...k

*Destroys the planet*

Archimonde: There we go....

Quote Originally Posted by Vayshan View Post
    Feels like that with Chronicle they're closing up open ends. Defining things that were previous open to speculation and in the proces made the Warcraft universe smaller, at least that's how it feels to me.The addition of the Void Lords is a mixed one for me though. There is evil out there way stronger than the Titans but at the same time the Old Gods are nothing but servants themselves.
    I agree. I wish the Old Gods and Void Lords could be separate entities. =/

Quote Originally Posted by jwgjegerggergr View Post
    Once sargeras gets here can't he one-shot azeroth, fairly sure the olds gods wouldn't want that to happen since they want to keep the titan alive so they can corrupt it.

If they don't want the legion to win, do you think we'll ever get old gods fighting with us/empowering us? It'd be a cool way to explain how we'd be able to defeat sargeras (If we do).
    The magical effort needed to summon Sargeras to our world from either the Twisting Nether OR the Abyss (which he is currently trapped in) is so great that it would instantly break the bonds that bind the Old Gods. They likely felt they could destroy a lone titan after putting up such a fight against the others.

We have 4 main category of power source in wow universe right? Light, arcane, fel and void. Now my confusion is who is the originator of fel? Sargeras owns it now but he did not originate the fel energy also both dark energies are serving for bad, why are they in fight against each other now about azeroth? We expect a fight against Sargeras this xp but I don't think it will be about destroying him. Most probably we will purify him with the help of higher beings.

I think Elisande's vision was being manipulated by something but not by legion. How could she only see legion winning? Maybe N'zoth knew legion was going to fail and only needed them to gain more power so there would be more chaos or something to keep us busy while he is escaping from his prison. Also N'zoth aided Deathwing but Deathwing wanted to destroy the planet, thats not something N'zoth really wants if he isnt somehow working against void lords. What if he corrupted nightwell and he can use time spells too? Not likely maybe but just possibilites i wanted to share

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Uncertainty within the lore is not the same as inconsistency in the writing. Blizzard stated there were 5 Old Gods, then 4, then 5. That number was modified between different published versions of the same text. This was before Chronicle.

There were more than that. The 7 were just the Pantheon. They were the elite sect that ruled a larger titan population.

That was wrong. C'Thun went 1v1 against a no-name titan (non-Pantheon) to a mutual KO.

Yes, they wanted this. And they believed that they would crush Sargeras. But they were completely wrong about the strength of a Pantheon titan, let alone the most powerful one. Blizzard confirmed that they were wrong before Chronicle.

That wasn't in MoP. MoP and Blizzard at the time stated the mogu killed Y'Shaarj. Blizzard retconned it to Aman'Thul ripping Y'Shaarj out in Chronicle.

They're delusional and bought into their own hype they feed their fanatical followers.
    All of this you said was retconned. Only 4 old gods here, only The Pantheon are Titans. Who fought the old gods was the titanforged, not the Titans. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

Only was is written is the Chronicle matters now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinos View Post
    All of this you said was retconned. Only 4 old gods here, only The Pantheon are Titans. Who fought the old gods was the titanforged, not the Titans. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

Only was is written is the Chronicle matters now.
    Umm... yea... that doesn't mean we forget each time Blizzard retconned the material. They can retcon the lore, they can't erase the publication history. The Warcraft lore has always been strife with inconsistency. That was the very first sentence you quoted. Latest version of lore is generally taken as the correct version (even before Chronicle).

Some things are relegated to uncertainty within the universe (unreliable narrators).
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2017-02-23 at 09:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    The old gods/void lords want to force a confeontation between us one will destroy the other while they work in the shadows. The defenders of azeroth or sargeras and his legion. Either destroyed is to their immense benefit for the ultimate fate of the universe. Im thinking upon Argus Sargeras will meet a poetic end becoming enslaved to their will and becoming the very thing he fought to prevent taking form

Sargeras the Dark Titan the ultimate expression of the void lords power and the only thing that can oppose him and his puppeteers is Azeroths titan soul empowering us mortals and the held of the Elune the Light Lord.
    Yes! High five someone else is on the Sargeras as Dark Titan hype train, woop woop!

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Chronicles said though that a mature titan was untouchable by a void lord
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Chronicles said though that a mature titan was untouchable by a void lord
    Sargeras isn't a normal Titan being mutated and corrupted by the Fel he was infused with at the destruction of Mardum. Perhaps the essential change in his nature is enough for the Void Lords to pry their way into his essence. Perhaps not.