8 10.67%

9 12.00%

19 25.33%

6 8.00%

13 17.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    7 for being an racist ass, but he started the path for blood elves in the horde and his death was glorious
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    being a racist asshole =/= bad writing.

he's a fine character with fine story, he served his purpose and pretty well at that.

we need more of his kind, i would hate each and every one of those, but we really need more.
    Amen broski. We are really in a need for more.

I think Daelin was good at that role, too. Maybe Jaina would work now?

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalec View Post
    Amen broski. We are really in a need for more.

I think Daelin was good at that role, too. Maybe Jaina would work now?
    Except Jaina was never intended that way, in her case it actually IS horrible writing

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This is difficult to rate - I like Garithos as a character as he is quite realistic, serves well as a dramatic agent, and is key to the events of WC3. Personally I detest him, but that is part and parcel of what makes him a great character in the series. Is poll geared toward objectively rating him as a character within the Warcraft universe or providing our personal level of like/dislike for the character?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    8/10

He was a character who I really hated. By hated I mean he made you want to hate him and he was damm good at that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Except Jaina was never intended that way, in her case it actually IS horrible writing
    I don't know, I think it would be interesting a bit at least to see Jaina in a more wary light towards the Horde races in a kind of supremacist way even, but I agree that it won't explain why she doesn't feel the same way towards the non-human Alliance races.

Now whay I believe / love to see happening is that she will usurp the control of Kul Tiras and turn it into a neutral, independent - even shit off nation. If you look at it that way, it would be a great environment to develop towards a racist character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This is difficult to rate - I like Garithos as a character as he is quite realistic, serves well as a dramatic agent, and is key to the events of WC3. Personally I detest him, but that is part and parcel of what makes him a great character in the series. Is poll geared toward objectively rating him as a character within the Warcraft universe or providing our personal level of like/dislike for the character?
    These polls are geared towards rating them based on your personal criteria. I personally try to stay objective. I don't always succeed, but I try. You can refer to my analysis on him in this very topic if you like.

You are doing it right, in other words.
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2017-02-22 at 08:51 PM.

Err... 7/10, I guess. He's not a 5 to me like so many people think, I give him points for being an actual human villain. He was SUPPOSED to be a racist scumbag, and that's what he was. Plus, Blizzard even gave a very realistic reason for him to be racist- that being he lost family in the second war because they had to defend Quel'thalas, which he saw as not his problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawclaw View Post
    Err... 7/10, I guess. He's not a 5 to me like so many people think, I give him points for being an actual human villain. He was SUPPOSED to be a racist scumbag, and that's what he was. Plus, Blizzard even gave a very realistic reason for him to be racist- that being he lost family in the second war because they had to defend Quel'thalas, which he saw as not his problem.
    How do you explain his insults towards dwarves then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Deleted
    I don't think its 1/10 because hes not Med'an tier...
    3/10 and even that is generous.

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    How do you explain his insults towards dwarves then?
    I mean, he's still a racist asshole. Him hating elves isn't okay, but it makes sense. And he's not just racist towards them, he's ESPECIALLY racist to them. He would make dwarves as well because he's a still a cruel bigot at heart.

The impact he has had on the fate of the Alliance of Lordaeron, current setup of factions, a lot of stuff that happened in TBC and is now happening in Legion is actually a 10/10. His pompeousness and judgement of the other races within the Alliance of Lordaeron deserves a 1/10.

Storywise, he is the most impactful trivial character that Blizzard has created when it comes to humans. The reason why I call him the most impactful trivial character is because his story is not regarded as an impactful one due to the personal disliking he recieves from the players, but his actions have resulted in a lot of very important outcomes, regardless wether you look at present-day blood elf demon hunters, the current setup of the factions, the formation of the Scarlet Crusade/Argent Dawn and much more inbetween and after that.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-02-22 at 11:44 PM.

1/10. He barely had any character development. He was only there to make kael'thas more of a pussy, and pull of an Edge Lord alliance with illidan, and he died....

He had a tragic backstory though...cause...plot?

I don't fucking care about his past, however. I've seen people die ALL the time, yet I still love elves...barely...

1/10, cause he's a whelp in the lore...

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    1/10. He barely had any character development. He was only there to make kael'thas more of a pussy, and pull of an Edge Lord alliance with illidan, and he died....

He had a tragic backstory though...cause...plot?

I don't fucking care about his past, however. I've seen people die ALL the time, yet I still love elves...barely...

1/10, cause he's a whelp in the lore...

how does Garithos make Kael'thas "more of a pussy?"

how was Kaelthas "a pussy" at all?

If anything the big question is why did Kaelthas never melt his face off?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Fuck,I really don't understand,what were his reasons behind his hate towards the elves,not even talking about the dwarves. As I recently read the Chronicles Vol.1. chapter about the Troll Wars,heck,if the highborne wouldn't have taught the humans how to wield magic,they would be an easy prey for the Amani trolls after the Silvermoons fall.Despite all the shit that these two races have lived through and the alliances they've made together,I don't find a logical explanation for why he hated other races so much.

Gave him 5/10,cause jerks like him are needed in lore too - not everyone can be a generic goodie pants.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    Awesome, I guess my superpowers will be enhanced douchebaggery.
    I am afraid that superpower is already taken alongside mediocrity by Aquaman.
    What I think about Naisha:

"No matter how much the elite neckbeard corps wet dream about it and wants to believe it to be real, Maiev and Naisha were not and will never be a couple of lesbian night elf lovers."

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Z View Post
    I am afraid that superpower is already taken alongside mediocrity by Aquaman.
    Well... shit. I'll bring memes then.
    Last edited by Captain Douchebag; 2017-02-23 at 08:19 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    Well... shit. I'll bring memes then.
    Could work, but only because Batman stopped being a meme machine since about 2010.
    What I think about Naisha:

"No matter how much the elite neckbeard corps wet dream about it and wants to believe it to be real, Maiev and Naisha were not and will never be a couple of lesbian night elf lovers."

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    how does Garithos make Kael'thas "more of a pussy?"

how was Kaelthas "a pussy" at all?

If anything the big question is why did Kaelthas never melt his face off?
    1. Opinion

2. Made kael'thas go to illidan, which made him pussy himself out with more power, which also made him go against his people, which resulted in his death> Wanna have an argument on this? Really?

Deleted
    I think it's about time we page Dr. @Aucald !

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Poll closed; thread closed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead