Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 7.2 PTR - Build 23623 Artifact Trait Changes

Artifact Powers
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Death Knight (Forums, Talent Calculator, PvP Talent Calculator, Artifact Calculator)
    Blood

Frost

Unholy

Demon Hunter (Forums, Talent Calculator, PvP Talent Calculator, Artifact Calculator)
    Havoc

Vengeance

Druid (Forums, Talent Calculator, PvP Talent Calculator, Artifact Calculator)
    Balance

Feral

Guardian

Restoration

Hunter (Forums, Talent Calculator, PvP Talent Calculator, Artifact Calculator)
    Beast Mastery

Marksmanship

Survival

Mage (Forums, Talent Calculator, PvP Talent Calculator, Artifact Calculator)
    Arcane

Fire

Frost
    • Chilled to the Core (Rank 1) Activating Icy Veins encases you in ice, increasing Frost damage you deal by 20%. your Frost damage dealt by 20%.
    • Concordance of the Legionfall (Rank 1) Name changed from "Infinite (Rank 1)" to "Concordance of the Legionfall (Rank 1)". Increases damage dealt by 1%. [PH] Your abilities have a chance to trigger Concordance of the Legionfall, increasing your primary stat by 2,000 for 10 sec.
    • Concordance of the Legionfall (Rank 50) (New) Your abilities have a chance to trigger Concordance of the Legionfall, increasing your primary stat by 11,800 for 10 sec.
    • Freezing Rain (Rank 1) While Frozen Orb is active, you cast Blizzard instantly. Blizzard becomes instant cast.
    • Glacial Eruption (Rank 1) After When Ebonbolt damages a target, a pillar of ice bursts from the ground at that location, dealing 0 Shadowfrost damage. after 1 sec, dealing [ 500% of Spell Power ] Shadowfrost damage.
    • Obsidian Lance (Rank 1) Increases the Frozen target multiplier on Ice Lance by 10%. Increases Ice Lance's Frozen target damage multiplier by 10%.
    • Obsidian Lance (Rank 2) Increases the Frozen target multiplier on Ice Lance by 20%. Increases Ice Lance's Frozen target damage multiplier by 20%.
    • Obsidian Lance (Rank 3) Increases the Frozen target multiplier on Ice Lance by 30%. Increases Ice Lance's Frozen target damage multiplier by 30%.
    • Obsidian Lance (Rank 4) Increases the Frozen target multiplier on Ice Lance by 40%. Increases Ice Lance's Frozen target damage multiplier by 40%.
    • Obsidian Lance (Rank 5) Increases the Frozen target multiplier on Ice Lance by 50%. Increases Ice Lance's Frozen target damage multiplier by 50%.
    • Obsidian Lance (Rank 6) Increases the Frozen target multiplier on Ice Lance by 60%. Increases Ice Lance's Frozen target damage multiplier by 60%.
    • Obsidian Lance (Rank 7) Increases the Frozen target multiplier on Ice Lance by 70%. Increases Ice Lance's Frozen target damage multiplier by 70%.
    • Obsidian Lance (Rank 8) Increases the Frozen target multiplier on Ice Lance by 80%. Increases Ice Lance's Frozen target damage multiplier by 80%.

Monk (Forums, Talent Calculator, PvP Talent Calculator, Artifact Calculator)
    Brewmaster

Mistweaver

Windwalker

Paladin (Forums, Talent Calculator, PvP Talent Calculator, Artifact Calculator)
    Holy

Protection

Retribution

Priest (Forums, Talent Calculator, PvP Talent Calculator, Artifact Calculator)
    Discipline

Holy

Shadow

Rogue (Forums, Talent Calculator, PvP Talent Calculator, Artifact Calculator)
    Assassination
    • Bag of Tricks (Rank 1) Envenom and Rupture have a 3.0% 2.5% chance per combo point spent to smash a vial of poison at the target's location, creating a pool of acidic death that deals [ 6 + 720% of AP ] Nature damage over 3 sec to all enemies within it.
    • Concordance of the Legionfall (Rank 1) Name changed from "Infinite (Rank 1)" to "Concordance of the Legionfall (Rank 1)". Increases damage dealt by 1%. [PH] Your abilities have a chance to trigger Concordance of the Legionfall, increasing your primary stat by 2,000 for 10 sec.
    • Concordance of the Legionfall (Rank 6) (New) Your abilities have a chance to trigger Concordance of the Legionfall, increasing your primary stat by 3,000 for 10 sec.
    • Concordance of the Legionfall (Rank 7) (New) Your abilities have a chance to trigger Concordance of the Legionfall, increasing your primary stat by 3,200 for 10 sec.
    • Concordance of the Legionfall (Rank 8) (New) Your abilities have a chance to trigger Concordance of the Legionfall, increasing your primary stat by 3,400 for 10 sec.
    • Concordance of the Legionfall (Rank 9) (New) Your abilities have a chance to trigger Concordance of the Legionfall, increasing your primary stat by 3,600 for 10 sec.

Outlaw

Subtlety

Shaman (Forums, Talent Calculator, PvP Talent Calculator, Artifact Calculator)
    Elemental

Enhancement

Restoration

Warlock (Forums, Talent Calculator, PvP Talent Calculator, Artifact Calculator)
    Affliction

Demonology

Destruction

Warrior (Forums, Talent Calculator, PvP Talent Calculator, Artifact Calculator)
    Arms

Fury

Protection
    Last edited by chaud; 2017-02-22 at 08:39 PM.

Interesting.

Certainly more interesting than flat % damage increase, but thing is, this really favors certain classes more than others, and is just more RNG i.e. if you get it during a CD or not.

I mean, getting 11800 (granted, it's Rank 50, so eh) Int during an Arcane Power is a huge difference.

RIP Outlaw again. Energy nerfs galore.

I'd rather have the boring flat dmg bonus than more rng. So sick of everything being rng on top of rng on top of rng.

I can't imagine how much dev time has been invested this xpac into the trees for the artifact weapons and legendaries. To no avail, those two "features" are also the source of some of the biggest problems.

glorious more mm nerfs. as if my class wasnt shit enough.

Rank 50, for 11800 stat gain for 10 seconds... Rank 50... wat ?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    This is likely the last Artifact revamp of legion, so it has to last a whole expansion, and imo it's not as crazy as a passive 15% dmg vs 0 or 5%.

Good change for the overall playerbase. Also makes higher itemlevel gear alone more meaningful for mythic raiders etc compared to double dipping from gear + dmg %.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-02-22 at 09:47 PM.

What is the point of this? How is a random proc that you have no control over an exciting addition to the game worth grinding millions more AP for?

These devs are totally uninspired and just out for sub retention... these changes confirm it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Well, you also have more AK levels..
    Artifact Knowledge Level 40 - 1165000% compared to the 24900% buff of level 25.

Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    What is the point of this? How is a random proc that you have no control over an exciting addition to the game worth grinding millions more AP for?

These devs are totally uninspired and just out for sub retention... these changes confirm it.
    How was a passive % damage gain exciting?

It's certainly more exciting than that.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account

It's to make a paragon goal to still work toward without making it insanely overpowered like 15% dmg or 29% armor was.

Also that 15% dmg got even stronger with higher gear, so effectively double dipped from itemlevel increase, while a static amount does not.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-02-22 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    How was a passive % damage gain exciting?

It's certainly more exciting than that.
    Well I think it's pretty clear from my opinion that I thought the passive % damage gain was also completely pointless, unexciting, and uninspired. They decided those types of talents were boring over 5 years ago when they redid the talent trees but now they're somehow exciting as part of an end game, spec specific grind? Talk about desperate. These devs suck and are clearly on some misguided quest to extend sub time.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Talk about desperate. These devs suck and are clearly on some misguided quest to extend sub time.
    That does indeed pretty much sum up Legion's Grindy RNG pattern

I feel the Artifact system has a lot in common with Diablo 3 Paragons, comparing getting all artifact traits is like paragon 800, then just pumping mainstat into the rest, in WoW's case 50 ranks for the proc.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-02-22 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    That does indeed pretty much sum up Legion's Grindy RNG pattern

I feel the Artifact system has a lot in common with Diablo 3 Paragons, comparing getting all artifact traits is like paragon 800, then just pumping mainstat into the rest, in WoW's case 50 ranks for the proc.
    I would love to hear a dev actually try to explain how x% damage increases or totally random procs that change nothing about the rotation or how you play your class are compelling or interesting from a game design standpoint. The only thing they can say is "they give you something to work toward" which should never be the sole reason you add BS "content" like this.

Deleted
    https:/ /gyazo.com/32863895b9ca2d0b623a231fae3148f5

your welcome proceed to complete the task that cannot be completed.

game ruined

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    I'd rather have the boring flat dmg bonus than more rng. So sick of everything being rng on top of rng on top of rng.
    These are my thoughts as well. They've manage to tie rng into every one's dps now as well. Blizzard thinks RNG is exciting so this is no surprise at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    Tell me about it..I went 40 seconds without a single stormbringer proc on star augur today. AND I've got the 4 set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanko View Post
    RIP Outlaw again. Energy nerfs galore.
    Yeah.. What the actual fuck are they smoking...

Deleted
    Arms gets yet more rng? Just what the doctor ordered