Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Muslim leader says Violence against Women should be last resort

This has got everyone talking down under today.

A senior Australian Muslim leader has said using violence against women is a “last resort” for men in dealing with relationship issues.

Which means once you have past the first 2 steps of counselling and buying chocolates or “taking her out on a dinner”.

Then it is ok to beat her.

In this day of promoting NO VIOLENCE against Women (or any partner in a relationship), I find this quite abhorrent.

It is funny that the Australian left side of politics is being quiet on this one.

Should it then be culturally acceptable for some religions to be allowed to bash their female partners?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...dc5d8f4c158685

A senior Muslim leader has said using violence against women is a “last resort” for men in dealing with relationship issues.

President of the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils Keysar Trad described beating women as “step three” in a process of dealing with issues in relationships, after counselling and buying chocolates or “taking her out on a dinner”.

“The first thing you must do is counselling ... Before you even consider using your hand, before you consider an act of violence, have you checked box number one?

“Maybe next time you should bring her a bunch of flowers, maybe next time you should bring her a box of chocolates, maybe next time you should take her out to dinner.

Mr Trad argued that what the text was saying was that “a good person would never get to that step because the first step would eliminate the problem”.

“When you sit down and talk about it and say I’ve become angry about something, I go to my wife and say what happens, I say I’m sorry I was wrong, I made the wrong assumption, so you never get to step three,” he said.

“This is the psychology.”

“And then beat her. If you still don’t see sense, beat her. That’s what that says. I’m reading the Koran.”

Sometimes you just have to smack a bitch!
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Ah, seriously the scales keep tipping more and more against these 'people' until soon enough, they tip over.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Sometimes, when the dinner isn't warm enough; Or the beer cold enough... y'know.. it'll ensure it'll be better the next time.

(Yes, I'm jokingly trying to lighten the dark reality of this situation)

Violence is wrong, period. Same goes for all the women abusing their men in some fashion.
    I can't imagine this giving any less wind in the sails of some groups, and tbf it's kind of deserved in this case.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-02-22 at 11:58 PM.

Finally, something Muslims and bogans can agree upon.

So when is someone going to talk about woman on man domestic violence and how no state's law seems to treat it like an actual real thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Violence is wrong, period. Same goes for all the women abusing their men in some fashion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Er... yeah, no. No one should be beating anyone in a relationship (or otherwise).
    Agreed. You should not go and beat anyone (outside of a self-defense situation) ever period.
    It is extremely sad if you can't solve your (relationship) issues without resorting to violence.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-02-23 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    So when is someone going to talk about woman on man domestic violence and how no state's law seems to treat it like an actual real thing.
    Men are in power, ask them. Although I'm fairly certain that in my country, it's illegal to abuse someone period. Man on man, female on female, female on man etc etc.

Hardly surprising a religious person thinks this is ok. Religion and the people that follow it are all worthless scum holding humanity back.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Sometimes, when the dinner isn't warm enough; Or the beer cold enough... y'know.. it'll ensure it'll be better the next time.

(Yes, I'm jokingly trying to lighten the dark reality of this situation)
    Thanks, now I'm giggling and that makes me a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    There is already laws for this for both sides? There is a massive difference between the strength of your average man and women. Whilst women beating men exist lets not pretend this is an equal issue. Men beating women is a far bogger problem tha the other way around.

It's funny because he's not ruling it out as an option.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

You're telling me that a religion that doesn't recognize marital rape, forces women to cover up, the testimony of a woman is worth only half that of a mans, Wives do not Share the Same Divorce Rights as Their Husbands, raping female captives and Marriage and Sexual Intercourse with Pre-Pubescent Girls is Permissible would allow a man to beat HIS WIFE!?

Sir I don't believe you

7+ Year Old Account
    This whole thing is one big troll right? Southpark was correct and aliens are just watching us as reality tv>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    It is extremely sad if you can't solve your (relationship) issues without resulting to violence.
    Well I mean... When a large portion of adherents of a certain religion that shall remain nameless are taught that women are inferior and not only gives them the right to beat their wives into obedience, but encourages it...

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    It's funny because he's not ruling it out as an option.
    Makes me think of the old Sam Kinison skit.

"I'm not saying I advocate beating a woman.... But I understand it! ohh ohhhhhh!"

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    No. It's not.

You know why? Because a lot of western men got raised with the idea that hitting back or hurting a woman is bad, even if it's in self-defense, so you'll find a lot of cases of men who allowed themselves to be physically and emotionally abused for years or decades.

Don't spout crazy fourth wave feminism nonsense arguments.
    Got some stats to prove this?

This is the shit you get when people take their fantasy books literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh, women say shit that if a man said he would expect to get hit. women just stand in the pocket knowing you wont swing

Last edited by Fat Mac; 2017-02-23 at 12:15 AM.