Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppen View Post
    You're telling me that a religion that doesn't recognize marital rape, forces women to cover up, the testimony of a woman is worth only half that of a mans, Wives do not Share the Same Divorce Rights as Their Husbands, raping female captives and Marriage and Sexual Intercourse with Pre-Pubescent Girls is Permissible would allow a man to beat HIS WIFE!?

Sir I don't believe you
    LOLOL goddamn it man I almost passed out from laughing, ty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppen View Post
    You're telling me that a religion that doesn't recognize marital rape, forces women to cover up, the testimony of a woman is worth only half that of a mans, Wives do not Share the Same Divorce Rights as Their Husbands, raping female captives and Marriage and Sexual Intercourse with Pre-Pubescent Girls is Permissible would allow a man to beat HIS WIFE!?

Sir I don't believe you
    Marital Rape -- We have at least two people on this forum who have come right out and said that a man cannot rape his wife. Both are self-proclaimed Christians

Forces Women to Cover Up -- There's a hefty amount of posters here who consistently blame the way women are dressed if they end up sexually assaulted. Apparently women need to cover up so that it's not their fault they're assaulted?

A Woman's Testimony is half of a man's testimony -- This has applied to the United States up until 100 years ago.

Wives do not share the same divorce rights as their husbands -- As opposed to the incessant whining done by folks here that a woman should not receive any rights at all if their spouse is an asshole?

Raping of Female Captives and Pre-Pubescent Girls -- We have three ex-military people who have come right out and said they have had sex with 14 year old girls while deployed because it was permissible where they were deployed. Also we consistently have folks championing 13 year old boys who end up having sex with much older women...

It's almost like this isn't restricted to a religion at all....

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    There is already laws for this for both sides? There is a massive difference between the strength of your average man and women. Whilst women beating men exist lets not pretend this is an equal issue. Men beating women is a far bogger problem tha the other way around.
    Actually, last time I dug into this it seemed that it was just as common for women to assault men. Sure, men are usually stronger, but not all men would want to use that power/know that they'd get in trouble if they harm the woman even in self-defense, so they are left with little choice.

It's also common for women, knowing that they can't physically dominate, to use shady tactics which is quite the hidden issue to many. For example, my cousin's mother accused her ex of sexually abusing the children... they were 3 and 4 at the time that they broke up. It took him YEARS to rid himself of that shit since everyone believed her over the "kind, loving mother"... Why had she done it? Because he was the one breaking up with her and filing for joint custody of the children. She even kept the story going, convinced my cousins that they had been sexually abused and were too young to remember... until she finally came clean when they were 23 and 24 years of age...

Was he a perfect father? No, he's quite the problematic person which is why her allegations stuck. But he didn't deserve being put through the hell of being accused of raping children...

I'm okay with this last resort. Seems reasonable to me. I don't see any issue at all. It's apart of their religion and they seem happy to include it.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Ah, seriously the scales keep tipping more and more against these 'people' until soon enough, they tip over.
    Please, tell us of your final solution when said scales tip over.

7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Marital Rape -- We have at least two people on this forum who have come right out and said that a man cannot rape his wife. Both are self-proclaimed Christians

Forces Women to Cover Up -- There's a hefty amount of posters here who consistently blame the way women are dressed if they end up sexually assaulted. Apparently women need to cover up so that it's not their fault they're assaulted?

A Woman's Testimony is half of a man's testimony -- This has applied to the United States up until 100 years ago.

Wives do not share the same divorce rights as their husbands -- As opposed to the incessant whining done by folks here that a woman should not receive any rights at all if their spouse is an asshole?

Raping of Female Captives and Pre-Pubescent Girls -- We have three ex-military people who have come right out and said they have had sex with 14 year old girls while deployed because it was permissible where they were deployed. Also we consistently have folks championing 13 year old boys who end up having sex with much older women...

It's almost like this isn't restricted to a religion at all....
    Is this whataboutism?

Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    tbh, women say shit that if a man said he would expect to get hit. women just stand in the pocket knowing you wont swing

1. Women are not a hive mind, plenty of women used to living in equal conditions know how to guard their tongue.
    2. One should be able to expect of any person to not resort to violence over words. Maybe those women are holding their men up to higher standards than the men fulfill?

Bill Burr is funny (I've been following him for years), but he's also dealing in hyperbole and stereotypes to get a cheap laugh. I mean, enough women DO get hit that I don't think I've ever known a woman to just assume she can do whatever she pleases without consequences... And I've never found it funny either, desperate behaviour to destroy the guys belongings or be up in his face throwing all the negative shit you know about him just to get cheap shots in...

Blerhg. Humans should be capable of better behaviour than baboons, yet here we are...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-02-23 at 12:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowofVashj View Post
    Is this whataboutism?
    Apparently someone missed the last line despite quoting it...

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Please, tell us of your final solution when said scales tip over.
    You assume far too much kid. Those people are their own destruction, they don't need anyone else helping them along.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Right... but two wrongs =/= who cares. Just because a philosophy supports or encourages shitty behavior doesn't mean that it's ok just because other different philosophies have the same occurrence. It's still shitty to rape little girls regardless of the who/where.
    Last edited by ShadowofVashj; 2017-02-23 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Edited to include quote.

7+ Year Old Account
    When will Endus lock this for forbidden topic about his special snowflake religion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Has nothing to do with religion. There are strong undercurrents in the lower classes of western society too where women belong in the kitchen and deserve a beating when they're being troublesome, and the few cases I know seem pretty atheist.
    Thanks for the anecdote.

You already disproved your own argument with your other post. Western men are taught not to hit women, even in self-defense. It is extremely shunned. And violence of any kind other than self-defense is illegal. The fact that garbage people exist in the West and beat women doesn't mean religion has nothing to do with another group of people who beat women. Such an argument is asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Actually, last time I dug into this it seemed that it was just as common for women to assault men. Sure, men are usually stronger, but not all men would want to use that power/know that they'd get in trouble if they harm the woman even in self-defense, so they are left with little choice.

It's also common for women, knowing that they can't physically dominate, to use shady tactics which is quite the hidden issue to many. For example, my cousin's mother accused her ex of sexually abusing the children... they were 3 and 4 at the time that they broke up. It took him YEARS to rid himself of that shit since everyone believed her over the "kind, loving mother"... Why had she done it? Because he was the one breaking up with her and filing for joint custody of the children. She even kept the story going, convinced my cousins that they had been sexually abused and were too young to remember... until she finally came clean when they were 23 and 24 years of age...

Was he a perfect father? No, he's quite the problematic person which is why her allegations stuck. But he didn't deserve being put through the hell of being accused of raping children...
    Anecdotal evidence is fairly useless. Would like to see the literature that shows this is just as common.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Sometimes you just have to smack a bitch!
    Yeah specially is shes being naughty . naughty girls deserve a spanking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    When will Endus lock this for forbidden topic about his special snowflake religion?
    I dunno this might dodge the bullet cause it's only one "leader" not the religion as a whole. Although Endus has been waving a heavy lock hand today. He closed a thread about the media earlier due to "conspiracy theory" but I think that was a little quick on the trigger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right... but two wrongs =/= who cares. Just because a philosophy supports or encourages shitty behavior doesn't mean that it's ok just because other different philosophies have the same occurrence. It's still shitty to rape little girls regardless of the who/where.
    And I never disagreed with that. The point of these threads about Islam are always the whataboutism you accused me of. People like the OP are part of the people on the list of things I mentioned yet only addresses them about Islam. When it comes to the aforementioned 12 year old having sex with his 30 year old teacher he's right there wishing it would have happened to him. It's blatant hypocrisy.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    This is the shit you get when people take their fantasy books literally.
    It's even worse when they try to over rule a guest countries laws because their magic man in the sky says they can do this or that. Anyone saying different is automatically a racist or religion-phobic.

I did enjoy the tale my mother told me a few days back. Some refugee guy tried a "sexual emergancy" thing with some dudes girlfriend last weekend. Needless to say, the guy ended up in hospital half dead when 4 guys had a "violence emergency". Made me chuckle when police turned a blind eye to it XD

I dunno this might dodge the bullet cause it's only one "leader" not the religion as a whole. Although Endus has been waving a heavy lock hand today. He closed a thread about the media earlier due to "conspiracy theory" but I think that was a little quick on the trigger.
    Guarantee he wont' close the thread saying positive things about muslims.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

http://www.xn--partnervld-85a.se/narkvinnorslar

http://www.metro.se/artikel/lika-van...blir-slagna-xr

You'll need to use translate if you're not Swedish.

In fact, from what I can see, not even here in our "land of equality" can men expect the same treatment when faced with spousal violence.

I highly doubt anyone said it was restricted to any one group? Don't know if it's due to religion or culture, or what have you, but it's quite evident (extremely so here in Sweden, actually) that women are generally treated quite a lot worse by some ethnic groups compared to others. There are of course plenty of individual exceptions, lets not pretend otherwise - just as we shouldn't pretend that it isn't true in a general sense, and not really disputed by anyone approaching the issue seriously and with a neutral mindset.