Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Legendary Targetting System... Here?!

So with items such as Relinquished Ring coming to PTR, is this the implementation of a targeting system? Spam opening the token for the slot you want a legendary for?

How are these acquired?

Edit: Seems just a vendor...

Edit2: Now confirmed?

This potentially has a massive, massive, problem. If these tokens benefit from 'get your first two legendaries super easy' rerolling to the same class is now 100% best option, level, get your 2 BiS from tokens.
    Last edited by mmoc89ec62a408; 2017-02-24 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    How are these acquired?
    Most likely mob drops and Nethershards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Most likely mob drops and Nethershards.
    This is literally Diablo now, get Blood("Nether") Shards, spam on vendor, hope one rolls legendary. GG.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Kadala from Diablo 3 made it into WoW it seems Not complaining but very similar to blood shards system.

But it seems a great idea to target certain pieces.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-02-23 at 12:25 AM.

Deleted
    I'm sure that it is just a vendor on the PTR in order to test the tokens, instead of waiting for a random drop
    Last edited by mmoc419a7752f2; 2017-02-23 at 12:28 AM.

Deleted
    Do we know if Nethershards are farmable or just through dailies?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was only on ptr shortly last build and I got some nethershard from some elite mob that didn't seem listed as "rare", but only like 16, from a 10 million hp mob, so I hope the 498k is a placeholder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemario View Post
    I'm sure that it is just a vendor on the PTR in order to test the tokens, instead of waiting for a random drop.
    They usually use a Flaskataur for this, this vendor seems to fit in (it has RP flavour text).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I was only on ptr shortly last build and I got some nethershard from some elite mob, but only like 16, from a 10 million hp mob, so I hope the 498k is a placeholder.
    Must be a placeholder.

Hello Kanai's Cube.

Hopefully they will be like the other zones, that being random drops/treasure chests/purchasable.

assuming this will share bad luck protection with caches/mythic+/raids etc, it's not a very useful way of targetting.

i mean say you get a legendary 3 days ago, it seems pointless to go opening a say belt trying to get a legendary belt you should still have an ultra low chance, you'll have to wait like 3-4 weeks then spam open belts while doing no other content.

if it's on a separate system then just put legendaries in the blizz store and let everyone fucking buy em already, legendaries are horse shit everyone wants the best 2 otherwise they're upset it's an awful system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    assuming this will share bad luck protection with caches/mythic+/raids etc, it's not a very useful way of targetting.

i mean say you get a legendary 3 days ago, it seems pointless to go opening a say belt trying to get a legendary belt you should still have an ultra low chance, you'll have to wait like 3-4 weeks then spam open belts while doing no other content.

if it's on a separate system then just put legendaries in the blizz store and let everyone fucking buy em already, legendaries are horse shit everyone wants the best 2 otherwise they're upset it's an awful system.
    I never even thought about that, I hope it's in no way connected to BLP.

Else if you wanted a legendary ring (for example), it's do 50 M+ hope you don't get the legendary neck in the meantime while bumping up your BLP, then open 50 ring tokens.

/or/ avoid doing any content that can make legendaries drops except handing in tokens just to make sure it procs the one you want.

Jeeze, messy.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh hey kadala, what are you doin on azzeroth
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

How is this any different from live? No really, there's like no difference between this vs spamming dungeons, and it doesn't even say "may contain a legendary of the same slot".
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    How is this any different from live? No really, there's like no difference between this vs spamming dungeons, and it doesn't even say "may contain a legendary of the same slot".
    While it does not, you are completely correct, and I am inferring that a ring token would proc a ring, it would seem strange for a Ring Token to proc a Legendary Helm?

10+ Year Old Account
    fuk , i thought this was some legendary tab target add-on thread.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Quite a bit, since in a dungeon you are killing a boss for a chance at a legendary, not able to target a specific slot. quite a large difference.

Deleted
    Targetting the ring might be risky

hey RNG my old friend

she made it into wow guys.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/8...geting-on-ptr/

ALSO IT IS KADALA.

better name the NPC Kadala imo
    Last edited by Kikazz; 2017-02-23 at 03:09 AM.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Its the same as the Timeless Isle vendor, and probably has the chance of like a HC dungeon boss to drop a legendary (Yes insanely low).

Its the 7.2 catch up mechanic obviously, they will probably reward items around 860 up to 875 or 890 with Titanforged.

Nothing to cry about but obviously for someone wearing 920 ilvl these are useless, they are there for alts, so yes it could be used as a Legendary Targeting system but a very low chance one.