Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It's ironic liberals probably defend this...

There is alot of interviews where they explain how to beat your wife the right way mostly from saudi arabia I believe, always funny to see their backwards way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    There is alot of interviews where they explain how to beat your wife the right way mostly from saudi arabia I believe, always funny to see their backwards way of thinking.
    If you look at verse 4/34 of the Quran you will note that it is stated:

Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

https://quran.com/4/34

So the Australian Senior Muslim spokesman is correct in what he says.
    But in this day and age you cannot simply follow that line of thinking.
    Even if it is written in religious text written Hundreds of years ago.

infracted - forbidden topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-02-23 at 01:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

I think they're on to something!

Hey Hey Hey! You all shouldn't be talking bad about another cultures culture. See how all that PC stuff doesn't work.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think as a last resort against his shit talking he should be smacked in the face. Where's Batman when you need him?

Deleted
    Its good too see a hes intergrated into Australian Culture so well.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's like Russia then where the Duma voted to legalize beating your wife just recently, maybe him and his followers should move there.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    I'm curious as to why it can't be discussed here? Is it against the MMOC rules to discuss religion?
    Yes it is. But you see plenty of religion bashing on here until someone complains about it or you say something which gets the attention of a moderator personally.

But on topic, there is no excuse for beating a woman in the case of this thread. Even defending yourself from a woman attacking you as a man, is not about beating her until she stops. Men are much, much stronger then women are in general. There are ways you can avoid that as a man. If she is armed however, different story. But this is about simply beating a woman who refuses to do what you want her to do. Which is flat out wrong.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You could say Keysar Trad's marriage is a bit.... HEAVY HANDED.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppen View Post
    You're telling me that a religion that doesn't recognize marital rape, forces women to cover up, the testimony of a woman is worth only half that of a mans, Wives do not Share the Same Divorce Rights as Their Husbands, raping female captives and Marriage and Sexual Intercourse with Pre-Pubescent Girls is Permissible would allow a man to beat HIS WIFE!?

Sir I don't believe you
    I mean the marital rape thing makes sense to me knowing what I know. It's like... you get married. You consented. Duh. This is why stuff like this is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Men are in power, ask them. Although I'm fairly certain that in my country, it's illegal to abuse someone period. Man on man, female on female, female on man etc etc.
    That's news to me, tell me more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    There is already laws for this for both sides? There is a massive difference between the strength of your average man and women. Whilst women beating men exist lets not pretend this is an equal issue. Men beating women is a far bogger problem tha the other way around.
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...estic-violence

Far bigger? No, not really. Consider that men report it less due to stigma.

And size isn't relevant. You can be a 200 kg of muscle Hulk as long as you don't hit back or stand up to yourself ( which is y'know, how abuse happens in the first place ) your size means shit. Attitudes like this is why men don't report it as often as they should, because people mock them for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    Hardly surprising a religious person thinks this is ok. Religion and the people that follow it are all worthless scum holding humanity back.
    Cool your jets, don't blame the victims.

But yeah as I've always said religion shouldn't get special treatment. Saying "My religion says I get to beat my wife" should be completely equivalent under the law to "I just felt like beating my wife today."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Exactly, but it's much easier to just blame religion.
    I mean, yea, when its right there in the text...

Hard to know which is worse, the comments or the fact no feminist SJW or anyone from the left is willing to publicly condemn it here in Aust.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/society/...estic-violence

Far bigger? No, not really. Consider that men report it less due to stigma.

And size isn't relevant. You can be a 200 kg of muscle Hulk as long as you don't hit back or stand up to yourself ( which is y'know, how abuse happens in the first place ) your size means shit. Attitudes like this is why men don't report it as often as they should, because people mock them for it.
    Then maybe they should...report? If their ego prevents them from doing so (which I'm sure is the case for most), then they need to mature out of it.

EDIT: As for the OP, I wouldn't be against educating the general public in reporting domestic violence. Trying to convince deranged people or those who take their religion too seriously feels somewhat futile IMO. If the victim isn't afraid to report abuse, then we can solve the problem easier by putting the shitheads behind bars.
    Last edited by kail; 2017-02-23 at 04:39 AM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Then maybe they should...report? If their ego prevents them from doing so (which I'm sure is the case for most), then they need to mature out of it.

EDIT: As for the OP, I wouldn't be against educating the general public in reporting domestic violence. Trying to convince deranged people or those who take their religion too seriously feels somewhat futile IMO. If the victim isn't afraid to report abuse, then we can solve the problem easier by putting the shitheads behind bars.
    As much as a woman's ego prevents her from reporting rape.

This double standard shit needs to end. It's not fucking ego, it's fear of society mocking them ON TOP of the abuse they already have back home.

Mature out of it? Show some fucking empathy. When you're already getting abused by your loved one the last thing you want to risk is more abuse.

You never see people post '' Well if the wife is getting beaten up by the husband maybe she should grow some balls and leave ".

Deleted
    Since I've read Koran twice, this verse is in Al-nessa , its in ancient arabic jokes and it says to "beat your women with basil's branches" which means to tickle her... I'm ashamed to be born muslim and man, we always only take the need and shove the rest up in #sky's# arse!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Most people here will agree that a child sometimes needs a slap on the ass when it's being a brat, now imagine living in a society where the men hold 200x more responsibility for their wives than in western society because they've to provide all the money in the household. You'll quickly understand that when a woman is being an arse while having leeched from her husband her entire life, she shouldn't be surprised when she gets disciplined... you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    I wasn't really talking about what they're doing in the middle-east, I'm entirely talking about modern western examples, whether that are white families or immigrants. My own mother refused to work her entire life and gave my father hell if he didn't bring enough money into the household to support her luxurious needs, just to give an example.
    No, that's not what you said. Not like it would justify it anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yawn why i see thin on MMO website -_-