Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    the sooner we get rid of the illegals the better. come legally or not at all scum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    the sooner we get rid of the illegals the better. come legally or not at all scum.
    Because American's are going to jump all over the jobs that illegal workers currently occupy?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Because American's are going to jump all over the jobs that illegal workers currently occupy?
    yep, wages will rise for those positions and they will quickly be filled.

you could use the same BS to support slavery, should we have kept that since no one wanted to do those jobs for free either?

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Will they get a fancy outfit?
    They should contact Hugo Boss to design it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    There is no evidence that Trump was planning to mobilize 100,000 troops to round up immigrants. The Associated Press pulled numbers from some other source than the memo that they were basing their entire article on.

The story was completely false.
    If it was completely false then why did the White House say it was a rejected proposal?

Donald Trump: White House flatly denies plan to mobilise National Guard troops

The Trump administration has denied it is working on a plan to use the National Guard to help round up illegal immigrants in up to 11 US states.

An 11-page document, authorised under the name of Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly, was leaked to the Associated Press.

Administration officials said the proposal, which called for mobilising up to 100,000 troops in 11 states, was rejected, and would not be part of plans to carry out US President Donald Trump's aggressive immigration policy.

The draft is dated January 25 — the same day Mr Trump issued an executive order on illegal migrants.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-1...-guard/8282720

The news story was generally reported as the White House "considering" the action, the leaked document appears to be genuine, it was simply (according to the WH) passed on at some point. So considered and rejected. I'd judge that as the opposite of fake news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Other than this?:

... or do you want a quote how you compared the OP to the Mayan apocalypse?

No, you explicitly asked why the uproar over Trump, but not Obama's deportation in the press. Completely ignoring the issue being national guard, which is bias in its own right. You actually claim Obama's was ineffective. Yet, instead of bitching how Trump doing what you claimed is a turnstile, you bitch that the press didn't cover it?

So, there is a differance between Trump's deportation and this, or is this some strange way to defend Trump for what you are attacking Obama over.

Seeing as how I quoted what your actual comment was... the next reply should be... "oops"?

- - - Updated - - -

Then why are you asking about Obama not getting any crap for his deportation? You want him to both, get credit for deportations like Trump and blamed for it being ineffective unlike Trump? Then, after bitching about the press, you literally ask him to check the press? Still don't see bias?

- - - Updated - - -

Trump said he would deport 2-3 million immediately after inauguration. How do you think he planned to do it... magic? or is this not it?
    Wow, you make me blush by going back and finding all those quotes. I feel special.

The thing is has Trump activated the National Guard? No... "planning" and "considering" is not the same as done. This is how false rumors get started.

I still don't see any "biased" statements I have made. The Obama administration did deport more illegal immigrants than any other in history. Yet, did not get the negative press the current administration has.

I am not defending Trump nor am I attacking Obama. Kindly find where I have in this thread. I am simply stating what has happened and what is happening. Even the Operation Fast and the Furious debacle under the previous administration did not receive that much negative press. Supposedly, one of the guns in the Paris terrorist attacks came from that and it did not make the mainstream media news.

There is no need to quote me on comparing the OP to the Mayan apocalypse I shall paraphrase it for you. I simply compared the two as predicting an unknown future. Of which may not ever happen. Or in the case of 12/21/12 didn't happen. Understand now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

- - - Updated - - -

If it was completely false then why did the White House say it was a rejected proposal?

The news story was generally reported as the White House "considering" the action, the leaked document appears to be genuine, it was simply (according to the WH) passed on at some point. So considered and rejected. I'd judge that as the opposite of fake news.
    In other words, just as I said. Much ado about nothing.
    Chicken Littles running around screaming "THE SKY IS FALLING"!

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

- - - Updated - - -

In the very same article it states, "Mr Spicer flatly denied that the idea was under consideration, describing the report as '100 per cent false'." He also said that he had no information about the origin of the report, according to Bloomberg, and the National Guard says it hasn’t seen any proposal or where it came from(1). So nobody knows anything about this memo, where it came from or who wrote it, including the White House or the National Guard, yet we're to believe it somehow made it's way exclusively to Trump's desk? No, I'm lead to believe that the proposal, once it hit the press, and Trump was obviously made aware of it's existence, was acknowledged and rejected by the administration. Of course, Spicer didn't say who rejected it. We're literally parsing language now to try to find evidence that Trump knew of this memo. That the phrasing that was used could mean that Trump knew about the memo. That's the best we have.

I don't have a problem with the report itself if it were accurate. My problem is with the dishonest reporting. If this story were true I wouldn't feel like it was a stain on the administration, so I have no interest in refuting it's legitimacy because I'm afraid of how it will make Trump look. I think this was dishonest reporting. If you want my honest opinion, I think that the dangerous brew of the existence of a huge market for anti-Trump news combined with the American public not knowing who or what to believe, lead the Associated Press to just spit this out. Even if some people are smart enough to piece together that this story doesn't pass muster, it's factually shaky nature will be camouflaged by the white noise of non-stop anti-Trump coverage anyway.
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-02-23 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    But yeah, literally militarizing the police to nullify the populace is right out of the Fascist play book.
    Actually disarming the public, thus making them easier to control, is.

That said, enforcing border laws isn't fascist. People are losing their minds lately.

In the very same article it states, "Mr Spicer flatly denied that the idea was under consideration, describing the report as '100 per cent false'." He also said that he had no information about the origin of the report, according to Bloomberg, and the National Guard says it hasn’t seen any proposal or where it came from(1). So nobody knows anything about this memo, where it came from or who wrote it, including the White House or the National Guard, yet we're to believe it somehow made it's way exclusively to Trump's desk? No, I'm lead to believe that the proposal, once it hit the press, and Trump was obviously made aware of it's existence, was acknowledged and rejected by the administration. Of course, Spicer didn't say who rejected it. We're literally parsing language now to try to find evidence that Trump knew of this memo. That the phrasing that was used could mean that Trump knew about the memo. That's the best we have.

I don't have a problem with the report itself if it were accurate. My problem is with the dishonest reporting. If this story were true I wouldn't feel like it was a stain on the administration, so I have no interest in refuting it's legitimacy because I'm afraid of how it will make Trump look. I think this was dishonest reporting. If you want my honest opinion, I think that the dangerous brew of the existence of a huge market for anti-Trump news combined with the American public not knowing who or what to believe, lead the Associated Press to just spit this out. Even if some people are smart enough to piece together that this story doesn't pass muster, it's factually shaky nature will be camouflaged by the white noise of non-stop anti-Trump coverage anyway.
    Well of course we should always take the word of Sean Spi...

Sorry couldn't get through that sentence without laughing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    A Homeland Security staffer drew up an "early, early document", a memo, and there's no evidence Trump even knew it existed, and it didn't mention any number of troops. This became, "Trump considering mobilizing 100,000 troops..."

That's just false.

The 100,000 number was injected artificially into the story. They were dishonest about Kelly's knowledge of the memo, and they have never proven that Trump even knew the memo existed, much less that he was considering it. It's a news story with no substance, but heavy on assumption and guessing. That's all there is to it.
    The staffer drew it up per the directive of the WH, because DHS staffers don't draft up memo's for policies on the whim. The WH wanted to see what avenues they could use not just through the DHS, but INS, DEA, FBI, etc., this one just rose to the top because of it's ability to activate more resources.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The staffer drew it up per the directive of the WH, because DHS staffers don't draft up memo's for policies on the whim. The WH wanted to see what avenues they could use not just through the DHS, but INS, DEA, FBI, etc., this one just rose to the top because of it's ability to activate more resources.
    There is absolutely no evidence to support this. The White House flatly denies that they knew where it came from or that they were considering it.

I mean, I get what you're saying, but a staffer creating a memo around a policy directive is not the same as the White House automatically signing off on the contents of that memo, endorsing that memo, or considering it.
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-02-23 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Straight from Wikipedia -
    "The Associated Press (AP) is an American multinational nonprofit news agency headquartered in New York City that operates as a cooperative, unincorporated association. The AP is owned by its contributing newspapers and radio and television stations in the United States, all of which contribute stories to the AP and use material written by its staff journalists. Most of the AP staff are union members and are represented by the Newspaper Guild, which operates under the Communications Workers of America, which operates under the AFL–CIO."

Tell me again why i'm ignorant to assume this was an American based company that only Americans will have heard of?
    By the same logic, you could claim there is no reason a non-American should have ever heard of the White House or the Academy Awards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    yep, wages will rise for those positions and they will quickly be filled.

you could use the same BS to support slavery, should we have kept that since no one wanted to do those jobs for free either?
    False equilvences, as if brings up slavery changes the point. For one thing, unless you believe in "trickle down" economics, slavery didn't contribute to the economy a whole lot.

And wages are going rise?!? You might want to tell right-wing conservatives that. You know the guys who don't believe in livable wages?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    It'll be great, it'll be so good. The best. So many jobs available, you'll have to work 2 or 3. We'll win at jobs. #MAGA
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Obama did this as well (mobilized National Guard agents on illegals) in 2010.

The California Governor did it in 2010 as well.

Curious how you guys weren't all up in arms about that........

I bet it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Obama was a Dem/Lib and Trump isn't.........

Same ole' liberal double standard (we can do it- you guys can't), same ole' playbook (will net the same result).........

Oh and this is most likely a "fake news" story (they got you guys again, it is getting kind of easy)

https://americaswatchtower.com/2017/...port-illegals/

Some history (since it appears no one knows history anymore), both Obama and Bush did this:

http://www.headlineoftheday.com/2017...r-enforcement/

OMG! Look at this! Billy-boy did this too!!!!

http://www.thepostemail.com/2016/08/...inal-illegals/

Wow! Where have you guys been? Listen, we know you hate Trump, we get it. Stop trying to hide your hate behind some "issue" that we know isn't the real "issue." Listen to Lord Vader "Use your anger, it will make you stronger!"

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Obama did this as well (mobilized National Guard agents on illegals) in 2010.
    You mean when he sent them to the boarder? http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...052503227.html

Which is completely different than mobilizing them domestically to round up illegals?

The California Governor did it in 2010 as well.
    Or when Schwarzenegger did the same, ordering them to the border, in support of Obama's order, rather than deploying them to round up illegals? http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...omment-page-1/

Curious how you guys weren't all up in arms about that........
    Because they're two very different situations, dude.

I bet it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Obama was a Dem/Lib and Trump isn't.........
    Schwarzenegger is a Republican, and was serving as a Republican governor. Sorry, but your argument is invalid.

Oh and this is most likely a "fake news" story (they got you guys again, it is getting kind of easy)

https://americaswatchtower.com/2017/...port-illegals/
    I'll trust AP over some hyper-right wing site that is itself posts fake news like this - https://americaswatchtower.com/2017/...puter-crashed/

Some history (since it appears no one knows history anymore), both Obama and Bush did this:

http://www.headlineoftheday.com/2017...r-enforcement/
    Already dealt with the Obama bit above, but the Bush bit is just the same. They were ordered to the border in 2006 exclusively to assist with border protection, specifically (as the article references) to help install barriers and assist with training/surveillance.

Also, another fantastic site with totally unbiased news - http://www.headlineoftheday.com/2017...against-trump/

OMG! Look at this! Billy-boy did this too!!!!

http://www.thepostemail.com/2016/08/...inal-illegals/
    Context. He was specifically talking about tightening border security (something liberals support, just not in the way Trump wants) and getting rid of violent criminals, something that most folks, including liberals, also support.

Then again, this is a site that takes O'Keefe seriously - http://www.thepostemail.com/2017/02/...eaks-thursday/

It's like you actively went looking for the least credible sites ever for your post.

Edit: Also, let's all take a moment to appreciate Trump calling the deportations currently going on a "Military operation"

http://time.com/4680815/donald-trump...ary-operation/

Only for yet another one of his spokespeople to come out and say, "No, the president didn't actually mean what he said, we promise!"

At this point, we just need to let these people speak for Trump, because clearly Trump has issues communicating clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You mean when he sent them to the boarder? http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...052503227.html

Which is completely different than mobilizing them domestically to round up illegals?

Or when Schwarzenegger did the same, ordering them to the border, in support of Obama's order, rather than deploying them to round up illegals? http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...omment-page-1/

Because they're two very different situations, dude.

Schwarzenegger is a Republican, and was serving as a Republican governor. Sorry, but your argument is invalid.

I'll trust AP over some hyper-right wing site that is itself posts fake news like this - https://americaswatchtower.com/2017/...puter-crashed/

Already dealt with the Obama bit above, but the Bush bit is just the same. They were ordered to the border in 2006 exclusively to assist with border protection, specifically (as the article references) to help install barriers and assist with training/surveillance.

Also, another fantastic site with totally unbiased news - http://www.headlineoftheday.com/2017...against-trump/

Context. He was specifically talking about tightening border security (something liberals support, just not in the way Trump wants) and getting rid of violent criminals, something that most folks, including liberals, also support.

Then again, this is a site that takes O'Keefe seriously - http://www.thepostemail.com/2017/02/...eaks-thursday/

It's like you actively went looking for the least credible sites ever for your post.

Edit: Also, let's all take a moment to appreciate Trump calling the deportations currently going on a "Military operation"

http://time.com/4680815/donald-trump...ary-operation/

Only for yet another one of his spokespeople to come out and say, "No, the president didn't actually mean what he said, we promise!"

At this point, we just need to let these people speak for Trump, because clearly Trump has issues communicating clearly.
    Except, Trump has yet to call up the national guard to do this, so by that fact alone it is "fake news." We don't need a link to a site or a reporter to tell us this. This story has been out for over a week now and they still haven't been called up.

The only people deported so far are the ones that have a criminal conviction (felony or higher but could be wrong about that part). I am not in favor of deportations, but I am in favor of deporting convicted criminals and those illegal immigrants that are currently serving in jail. I don't look at it as we are deporting them, they deported themselves through their criminal behavior.

Regardless of the exact details, the fact that the last three presidents (and the Cal. governer) have been forced to call up the national guard due to some immigration enforcement issue is proof that the border situation is totally out of control.

The border needs to be fixed and our immigration policy needs a serious update and reworking. Personally, I feel we should have a complete morritorium on immigration until we get a better system in place.

We need to find out:

How many came in under Obama, Bush and Clinton. How many actually stayed and became citizens. How many just stayed illegally. How many are receiving social services (and to what total amount)? How many are working. How many just went back home. How many are in jail or have been convicted of crimes.How many achieved a college degree, etc.

We should get all that information and it should be published in an easy to read report for the people. People should then read it, then make a decision on how to handle the immigration situation.

This decision needs to be based on facts, not emotions or politics.

In fact, I don't even believe the President should make this decision- it is too important for one person to make.

It should be put up as a referendum on election day and the people should vote directly on it (like the initiatives on the ballot).

My hopes would be that people would read the report with an open mind then vote on the referendum.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is absolutely no evidence to support this. The White House flatly denies that they knew where it came from or that they were considering it.

I mean, I get what you're saying, but a staffer creating a memo around a policy directive is not the same as the White House automatically signing off on the contents of that memo, endorsing that memo, or considering it.
    The WH is denying it because of the negative press it received, however two DHS officials went OTR to tell them that the draft memo was made for the WH to assess viability. No other proposals even made it out of the other respective agencies because they couldn't come up with the potential resources in detaining and deporting 11 million people.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Via electoral College. 3 million more ppl voted for the other candidate sooo y eah don't even start.
    While I'm not in favour of Trump or many (most, if not all) of his policies, the fact that he lost the popular vote is not important. It's a bit like complaining that your team lost in Warsong Gulch when you collectively had the most kills, even though the other team capped the flag three times. It's obnoxious.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Yes my king!!! Hail trump

Another not good idea by him? Surprised again.