Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Arthas is pretty much strictly an Anti-AA pick, akin to how Anub'Arak is an anti-mage pick. Thrall has an excellent kit, and is thus an overall solid choice, but if you had a choice between, say, Thrall or Arthas against a comp that has Butcher, Morales, Tassadar, Tracer, and Rehgar (An unusual comp to be sure, but one that focuses entirely on huge amounts of AA damage, and counters burst), Arthas would be the better pick here.
    OP sounds like he's talking about QM, in which case, there isn't picks, you don't know what you're up against until the match starts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    OP sounds like he's talking about QM, in which case, there isn't picks, you don't know what you're up against until the match starts.
    In which case, sure, play Arthas - it's Quick Match.

QM is the realm of "I want to play this hero so fuck it, I will", because there's no team comp to build around.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post

QM is the realm of "I want to play this hero so fuck it, I will", because there's no team comp to build around.
    But he's wanting a hero that will be good in solo queue. Arthas is...not very good at much unless it's to counter a very specific team comp, which there isn't in QM. Whereas someone like Thrall can be good no matter what team he ends up against. He has poke, sustain, damage, CC, and can be a pretty effective bully without you having to be super skilled. Arthas doesn't excel at anything, likewise for a solo QM, Stitches probably won't be the best pick either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not playing much Heroes, but when I do it's either Nazeebo or Gul'Dan.
    I like the sieging with Nazeebo and the poking with Gul'Dan.

Having a heal on demand (Drain Life) with Gul'Dan could be handy if you're going in solo.
    I'm more fond of ranged classes that melee's too, but that's just personal.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solidstate101 View Post
    I have Sylvanas unlocked but I'd like to try a different WoW hero during the upcoming promotion.

Is Falstad still good?

Thanks!
    Nazeebo! He's really good, especially the frog build. Tons and tons of damage! Great for zoning and blocking too, with great lane sustain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post

Which also means that many heroes will work pretty badly because they're dependant on composition. Like Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Nazeebo! He's really good, especially the frog build. Tons and tons of damage! Great for zoning and blocking too, with great lane sustain.

- - - Updated - - -

Which also means that many heroes will work pretty badly because they're dependant on composition. Like Arthas.
    WoW heroes, bud. It's in the post title and in what you quoted.
    @solidstate101: What heroes do you own and are you willing to buy any to complete the quest? If so, what modes are you playing? VS bots or VS players? This'll be helpful to answering your question.

In general, without much info, I'm enjoying the hell out of Ragnaros right now, he's a WoW hero and quite fun.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

I can't speak for viability but Murky is hilarious. He's really good at being really annoying, and the rework gave him a talent at 20 which allows him to summon infinite murlocs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I can't speak for viability but Murky is hilarious. He's really good at being really annoying, and the rework gave him a talent at 20 which allows him to summon infinite murlocs.
    He's not just viable. He's top tier. His dominance is oppressive at the moment, and a good Murky is nightmarish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    Varian, with the dual wield level 10 talent he's great. I personally love Kael but with valera in every game I wouldn't recommend it in qp, all the ones suggested above are great too.
    Additionally, Tank Varian is one of the tankiest CC bots in the game with excellent utility, and Burst Varian is extremely bursty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    WoW heroes, bud. It's in the post title and in what you quoted.
    @solidstate101: What heroes do you own and are you willing to buy any to complete the quest? If so, what modes are you playing? VS bots or VS players? This'll be helpful to answering your question.

In general, without much info, I'm enjoying the hell out of Ragnaros right now, he's a WoW hero and quite fun.
    Yeah but, Nazeebo

Yeah but, Nazeebo
    Nazeebo isn't going to get you the Azeroth achievement so he's not a hero that should be played.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    Nazeebo isn't going to get you the Azeroth achievement so he's not a hero that should be played.
    Neither is PLAYING SOLO, since the OP is asking for a solo hero.

Neither is PLAYING SOLO, since the OP is asking for a solo hero.
    You can group up with randoms in chat add, each other to friends list, and get quest credit. It does not imply that there will be any communication between the players at all, no idea of each other's play styles, much less any organization, which is basically the same as playing solo. The sole difference is, instead of being grouped with 4 other random players you don't know anything about, you're grouped up with 3 random players, plus 1 random player you queued with that you know nothing about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    You can group up with randoms in chat add, each other to friends list, and get quest credit. It does not imply that there will be any communication between the players at all, no idea of each other's play styles, much less any organization, which is basically the same as playing solo. The sole difference is, instead of being grouped with 4 other random players you don't know anything about, you're grouped up with 3 random players, plus 1 random player you queued with that you know nothing about.
    That's not solo play.

That's not solo play.
    Actually, yes, it kinda is, since there is really no difference in doing that vs queuing solo. Both ways get you a team of total strangers, with no organization, no voice chat, no strategy, no knowledge of each others playstyle, strengths, or skill level, and everyone doing their own thing.

I jumped on the Guldan wagon. He costs 10k gold but is rather fun to play especially with a pocket healer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jutath View Post
    I jumped on the Guldan wagon. He costs 10k gold but is rather fun to play especially with a pocket healer.
    Yeah Gul'dan is just too good at too many things. Savage presence in teamfights plus a playmaking ult, inbuilt sustain allowing him to stay out in the field far longer than other casters AND ballistic waveclear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gul'Dan is good fun, love him.
    Tried Kael'Thas first time yesterday. Me and some buddies are doing the WoW promo, and Gul'Dan is a hero I bought but my buddy played him due to being on the free hero rotation this week.

Anyway, KT felt pretty easy to play too. He felt powerful. But that's just based on 6 matches. His lvl 20 Phoenix felt a lot like a 'gg' button once you're able to move the phoenix. Had fun with him too! Pref Gul'Dan tho He's a bad ass.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”