Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    something of note. if Inquisition is any indication (no to mention ME3) squadmate =/= romancable, and romance option =/= squadmate. its quite possible that there will be romance options that you won't be able to take with you in combat. similar to Josephine and Cullen (and Cortez and Traynor)
    I think they confirmed already that not all romance options will be party members and there will be non-combatants that we will romance.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I think they confirmed already that not all romance options will be party members and there will be non-combatants that we will romance.
    I hope if they do, they're aren't "second-class" romances, as they have been a lot of the time in the past in DA/ME. Make them as meaningful and long-term as the active companions. I could easily see, as a for-instance, a relationship with a science officer on the ship, and have their worry about the risks you undertake be a major issue the two of you have to work through. That couldn't come up in a companion romance, because they're risking the same things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I hope if they do, they're aren't "second-class" romances, as they have been a lot of the time in the past in DA/ME. Make them as meaningful and long-term as the active companions. I could easily see, as a for-instance, a relationship with a science officer on the ship, and have their worry about the risks you undertake be a major issue the two of you have to work through. That couldn't come up in a companion romance, because they're risking the same things.
    Josephine was a great romance in DA:I and I've heard Cullen is good as well. I don't think you'll have to worry about that.

Traynor was pretty well done in ME3 as far as non-combatant romances go. Her interactions with shepard were smaller but that's because she obviously couldn't be deployed in the field, so its inevitable. Cortez on the other hand was amazing.

In DA:I Josephine and Cullen were the non-party romances, and well...... josephine's was lackluster. The romantic interactions are scarce and far between, and she doesn't even get a sex scene with the inquisitor D= just cuddling on the fireplace. (I guess its compensated by how sickeningly sweet the whole thing was) Cullen...... I have no idea. I never liked the guy, his attitude in Dragon Age Origins more or less predisposed me to hate him on the rest of the serie, even if it was a fan-favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I fully expect active camo will have a perk to slow down time while scoping.
    Was that feature in the first 3? I can't recall, my brain says it did.....but maybe I was thinking of Fallout's sniper slowdown as well xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Josephine was a great romance in DA:I and I've heard Cullen is good as well. I don't think you'll have to worry about that.
    Yeah, I've heard good things about Josephine too, but she's the example I'd pull from; she was heavily involved in the story and you had reason to check in with her regularly.

As compared to the relationship with the dwarven scout girl, or the Kelly Chambers romance in ME, which weren't.

Cullen's romance is one of the more extensive ones in a game actualy - and comes with a lot of depth, I like that Cullen is imperfect and learns through the games to be a better person. and I thought Josephine's was adorable (I actualy loved it that there wasn't an overt sex scene, personaly). Traynor was hit or miss, I mean I loved most of the interactions with her, but that shower scene was.. eh.

slow down time was never quite enough for me in ME to aim right. its the main reason why what little I played of multiplayer in ME3 - I did as human engineer, cause drones I've gotten a bit better at third person shooters since then, but not enough to not appreciate the pause, so... not having it is... very much a minus for me. lets hope other things compensate for it

Scout Harding was really more of a fling rather then full on romance, so I'm not sure using her as comparison applies. to clarify - if it gives you an achievement for having romanced someone? its a romance. neither Kelly Chambers, nor Scout Harding had associated achievements.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2017-02-22 at 11:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing on my wishlist for ME:A (on PC) is gamepad support. (inb4 kb/m is superior crap, I know it is) I kinda have to play with gamepad these days due to a physical ailment. The first 3 ME didn't have native gamepad support. People had to mod them in. Hopefully, with ME:A being built within the Frostbite engine, it will have native support like it's other games, DA:I, Battlefield series, Battlefront.

I have no idea how does kelly even counts as a romance. All you can do is flirt with her very casually, and after the suicide mission, you can invite her to your cabin so she can do a sexy dance for you, or you two can cuddle in bed. She's at no point ever made a romance option

10+ Year Old Account
    On the previous discussion... Asari are females as in sex, folks, in a sense that they all (unless genetically abnormal and such) have childbirth functionality. Asari also tend to be females as in gender, because the way they behave matches well what we know as female gender role (although, apparently, in their society gender roles is an obsolete concept). Yes, they are monogender, but that doesn't mean other races cannot count them as a gender/sex that matches that race's standards.

I struggle to see any way one can see Asari as males. Sure, Matriarch Aethyta referred to herself as "father", but a father doesn't have to be a male, it just happened to be this way in our society because of how our reproductive process worked. If a lesbian couple could have sex that leads to pregnancy, then one of the partners would be a female father.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So Squadmates literally have no combat meaning then. Their weaponfire has never been significant compared to yours and now you can't even exploit theri abilities for tactical advantage.
    If they include something like behavior controls in Dragon Age games, then, unless most abilities have crazy friendly-fire AOE, I don't think we will lose much in terms of the companion combat effectiveness. Although, I agree, I prefer to have as much control over my team's action as possible. ME series already felt limiting in that I always had to look at everything from Shepard's point of view and couldn't individually control my squadmates, only give them some basic commands - and this seems to be another step in the wrong direction.

Then again, Mass Effect has always been more action-based than many other RPGs.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

They have said there will be a mix of Garrus style Bromance, Flings, and committed relationships. There will probably be at least one committed relationship for every male/female-strait/gay Ryder.

Corra and Liam will probably be committed, as they are the "vanellia(not that that is a bad thing)" first human squadies, tho we don't know orientations.

PeeBee is still a Maiden and has a bad case of wanderlust, i can see her being a fling or at least someone Ryder has to chase after.

Judging from Dev twitter Jaal defiantly seems to be bangable by dudes, that's all we know

Vetra seems to be more of the committed type, probably into dudes to balance out Garrus, could just as easily be bi.

The Asari doctor looks to be at least Matron i can see a committed relationship if she is romanceable.

As for the rest who knows, were going were no dick/vagina has gone before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Snip
    Ya the whole "Father" thing just seems to be a thing to help non Asari understand their breeding processes at least that's what I got from Liara in Me1
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-02-23 at 02:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    PeeBee seems like the most attraction option to me as of now. Then again, I've romanced Liara every playthrough but one, and I tried hitting on Samara every time, even knowing it wouldn't lead anywhere... Asari are the best!
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So Squadmates literally have no combat meaning then. Their weaponfire has never been significant compared to yours and now you can't even exploit theri abilities for tactical advantage.
    Just finished recruiting Mordin on me2 Insanity. Zaeed was almost taking all a Vorcha's armor off with one mantis shot, just depends on how they balance it.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-02-23 at 02:53 AM.

Forgot to add source to squad abilities tweets.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1622
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1656

Showing of system in next video.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    Was that feature in the first 3? I can't recall, my brain says it did.....but maybe I was thinking of Fallout's sniper slowdown as well xD
    ME1 didn't have the active camo ability, but ME2 and ME3 did have time slowing down on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    One thing on my wishlist for ME:A (on PC) is gamepad support. (inb4 kb/m is superior crap, I know it is) I kinda have to play with gamepad these days due to a physical ailment. The first 3 ME didn't have native gamepad support. People had to mod them in. Hopefully, with ME:A being built within the Frostbite engine, it will have native support like it's other games, DA:I, Battlefield series, Battlefront.
    Andromeda is already confirmed to have controller support on PC!

https://twitter.com/tibermoon/status/834637069683191808

Bedtime. Tomorrow should be an interesting day.
    he loves to tease

https://twitter.com/BioFanOfficial/s...06144299245580
    I wounder why he wont reveal Cora's face model....
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-02-23 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    On the previous discussion... Asari are females as in sex, folks, in a sense that they all (unless genetically abnormal and such) have childbirth functionality. Asari also tend to be females as in gender, because the way they behave matches well what we know as female gender role
    Yep. Digging around, it turns out that there's one final definitive nail on the coffin of this discussion (Though its not really a "discussion", everyone agrees they're women except for ONE guy).

The banshee are huskified Asari. Unlike other husks like the cannibals or the brutes, which hybridize multiple races, Banshees are 100% exclusively Asari, and they're naked. Well, bioware apparently was very sneaky when it comes to details. Because it turns out that their models are fully anatomically rendered. By which I mean they not only have boobs, but very clearly have a vagina. Yep, they have a vagina. I'd link pics, but I don't wanna get an infraction, so if anyone is curious, just google "Mass Effect 3 Banshee Model" and you'll see the proof.

(And no, those are not fan-arts, those are direct datamined unmodified models from the vanilla game. Also needless to say, those images are VERY much NSFW, and may require copious amounts of Brain-bleach and/or booze to unsee)

So there. Asari are women. End of story.
    Last edited by Derah; 2017-02-23 at 06:18 AM.

I mean, duh, they kinda need to have vaginas. They have belly buttons so it's not like they lay eggs, and the baby has to pop out somewhere. This whole ''Asari are genderless'' theory makes absolutely no sense to me. Obviously they're female, just not quite the same sort of female as humans are.

Anyway, I'm a bit bummed we can't order squadmates to use specific powers. I liked using them to prime combos that I would then detonate, and instant CC powers such as Concussive Shot saved my bum in ME2 Insanity a few times. I kinda get that they might want us to bring along companions for the personality/banter rather than their abilities, but IMO they should at least let us be able to set preferences on when and where they use their powers (such as ordering Cora to only use her biotics if she can detonate a combo I primed).

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I see, anthropomorphism is rampant here still. Asari are not female, just because they are perceived female.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people just confuse "monogender" with "genderless". While at the first glance these two terms seem equal, they really are not. "Genderless" are species that do not require a partner to reproduce; for the lack of partners, it makes no sense to speak of the genders. "Monogender" are species that don't have a gender separation, however, having a partner is an integral part in reproduction. At least, from my understanding.

Of course, one could argue that such separation doesn't make sense for a species like Asari. With a stretch, one could say that Asari are genderless, because "gender" doesn't make sense in their society: it is not a distinguishable characteristic. Given, however, that Asari are a part of the interstellar society, in which there are a lot of multi-gendered species - I think, it makes sense to assign a certain gender to them everyone can relate to.

Then again, I think, when Kaidan tells Liara that she is a woman, she responds to him that, strictly speaking, she is not. So, perhaps, even Asari themselves are confused on this!