When to switch to Freezing Fog over Horn of Winter?

I am currently 899 equipped with heroic 4 set bonus, Necrofantasia Legendary ring, and just got an 895 Convergence of Fates trinket tonight. 30% crit, 25% haste. (This is obviously BoS build).

I've noticed that all the top parses are using Freezing Fog on just about every encounter in NH. Horn gives such a ridiculous boost to uptime on BoS that it feels wrong going to Freezing Fog. I know the Legendary helm helps the case for Freezing Fog, but I do not have it. I know the Legendary belt also helps the case for dropping Horn, but I don't have that either.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    BoS uptime isn't overly important, 30 seconds is enough. It's what you do during your cooldowns that matters.

You should switch over already
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted
    When you get 2 set you should probably swap, you have 4 set as well as the ring so your uptime on BoS should be pretty solid regardless, so you should definitely swap to Freezing Fog, you will be surprised how much dos you will gain, especially in M+ and cleave/aoe fights (most NH bosses have aoe)

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    BoS uptime isn't overly important, 30 seconds is enough. It's what you do during your cooldowns that matters.
    Could you give a bit more explanation please? Do you mean during the BoS, ur during it's downtime? Because I also tought the uptime on BoS was a pretty big factor in getting better dps numbers. Or is it the things you do during Bos that makes or breaks ur dps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elendoro View Post
    Could you give a bit more explanation please? Do you mean during the BoS, ur during it's downtime? Because I also tought the uptime on BoS was a pretty big factor in getting better dps numbers. Or is it the things you do during Bos that makes or breaks ur dps?
    It's what you do during the PoF/BoS that matters.

Having 10 stacks of GS + all trinket procs + extra targets to cleave + not having to move and pot up is better then just having a 15sec longer breath.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elendoro View Post
    There's a very nice write up by Magdalena about it, but I can't seem to find it. Basically you want to make the most out of a small window of extra damage. That's why Horn of Valor is so good for Frost, because it's an on-use trinket that lines up nicely with Breath.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    There's a very nice write up by Magdalena about it, but I can't seem to find it. Basically you want to make the most out of a small window of extra damage. That's why Horn of Valor is so good for Frost, because it's an on-use trinket that lines up nicely with Breath.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...VU_66XXQ/edit#

It's in the frost dk discord.
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    "People won't take the time to help me get geared"
    then
    "I'm too busy to get geared, I don't have the time to spare"

Did the first few mythics in NH last night. On fights like Chronomatic, horn seems to perform better, despite the theory on properly blowing cds and making the most out of a small window. When were talking 35% vs 60% BoS uptime, it's such a significant difference and Freezing Fog doesn't seem to compensate on ST encounters where you can sit on the boss. Especially when you can keep BoS going long enough to use multiple pillars in a single breathe. Just my opinion.

However, on cleave fights or fights like M Trill and M Krosus, where you cannot sit on boss because you have to execute mechanics, then Freezing Fog absolutely feels better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellborne87 View Post
    Did the first few mythics in NH last night. On fights like Chronomatic, horn seems to perform better, despite the theory on properly blowing cds and making the most out of a small window. When were talking 35% vs 60% BoS uptime, it's such a significant difference and Freezing Fog doesn't seem to compensate on ST encounters where you can sit on the boss. Especially when you can keep BoS going long enough to use multiple pillars in a single breathe. Just my opinion.

However, on cleave fights or fights like M Trill and M Krosus, where you cannot sit on boss because you have to execute mechanics, then Freezing Fog absolutely feels better.
    I feel this way as well, with horn I see to do more damage on single target than with Fog. Maybe with the helm fog is better, but I dunno.