Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Nighthold LFR Wing 3 poorly tuned?

I had an interesting evening doing the new Nighthold wing. Now I know when a new LFR is just open you can expect problems with people being clueless but that wasn't really the problem.
    The first group I gave up on after hitting the enrage on Tichondrius a couple of times. The second group killed it on the second try but just barely with only a couple of people alive hitting enrage.
    Krosus was a oneshot but also mere seconds away from hitting enrage.
    But Elisande was quite easy, I didn't feel there was anything that could wipe the raid, nothing does any real damage to you and she went down without a problem or danger of hitting enrage.
    The whole thing felt kinda weird.

That sucks about Tich and Krosus but Elisande is that same way even on normal. Since the main thing that kills people are the arcanite rings in p2/p3 on heroic.

They are really softly tuned and super forgiving, you just had a really bad group.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    They are really softly tuned and super forgiving, you just had a really bad group.
    Gotta agree with this, set foot in there for the first time today and we were never close to wiping, think 3 or 4 people died on the first slam on Krosus but other than that it was pretty flawless, they could do with buffing the bosses a bit on LFR. But I guess that's always been LFR, no need to care about mechanics.

1 shot them all on my first LFR trip in there, will need to see what happens in ensuing weeks. They certainly seem forgiving. the only way I can see Tich giving a group headaches is if the tanks don't know what to do.

Its LFR its easy.

The only thing that makes it hard is constant afking from ppl, the tryhards who constantly shout and do sub 150k dps and are in the 870ilvl range and the obvious idiots who have no idea about moving add away on augur or constantly stunning your group with the debuff during botanist trash......

You need to carry your lfr group. Most people doing 250k dps these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Varjo410 View Post
    I had an interesting evening doing the new Nighthold wing. Now I know when a new LFR is just open you can expect problems with people being clueless but that wasn't really the problem.
    The first group I gave up on after hitting the enrage on Tichondrius a couple of times. The second group killed it on the second try but just barely with only a couple of people alive hitting enrage.
    Krosus was a oneshot but also mere seconds away from hitting enrage.
    But Elisande was quite easy, I didn't feel there was anything that could wipe the raid, nothing does any real damage to you and she went down without a problem or danger of hitting enrage.
    The whole thing felt kinda weird.
    nothing surprising there - tunign team is failing like always to tune shit correckly - i would be honestly more surprised if they didnt fuck it up - but this happenes when you dont fire people who fail tier after tier - at this point if they hired bunch of 15 year olds they would probably do better job then those retards in blizz tuning department

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    nothing surprising there - tunign team is failing like always to tune shit correckly - i would be honestly more surprised if they didnt fuck it up - but this happenes when you dont fire people who fail tier after tier - at this point if they hired bunch of 15 year olds they would probably do better job then those retards in blizz tuning department
    WHAT? The tuning on Heroic and Mythic is EXCELLENT, complaining about tuning on anything lower is just hilarious. You're not even attempting the fights with the abilities the fight was designed around, you only get those in Heroic and a few more in Mythic.

LFR/Normal are a joke, always have been and anyone who complains at tuning, needs to either A.) find a guild and push something harder or B.) STFU

The hp pool for Tich is definitely scaled too high, unless changed in the last 12hrs. Fact is you shouldn't need raiders in there to carry the dps so you can hit an enrage.

I had a group of
    x3 600k
    x4 500k
    x6 400k
    The rest under, and we hit beserk at like 10% hp.

It's lfr, it's meant to be a joke. The healthpool is too high.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    1 shot them all on my first LFR trip in there, will need to see what happens in ensuing weeks. They certainly seem forgiving. the only way I can see Tich giving a group headaches is if the tanks don't know what to do.
    Or hope 1 of them is monk tank. That way if it's the monk that's tanking it won't matter if they swap or not :P
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Nighthold in general feels poorly tuned for LFR.

Sure, mechanics are very fogiving and some of them barely do any damage, but without several 890+ "boosting" it just for giggles (runes or a chance for legendary) it's just takes forever. Last time I went there, Botanist took 12 minutes, while it takes 5-6 minutes on normal or heroic to get the job done with group being geared appropriately to the difficulty (not overgearing the content).

Don't forget the obvious - it's only LFR - it's not meant for raiders, it's meant for freshly leveled toons, ungeared alts, utmost casuals and people who don't want to raid in general, just want to see how the story goes, thus it should be perfectly doable by those kind of players in timely manner without need for boosts.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is. I did it at 900 item level. Spellbreaker took 6 sets of adds to kill. I did a mil dps. But the mechanics are such a joke you can just stand in them all. Even on my shit geared alt. Bosses need less HP but to do a bit more damage.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If botanist took 12 minutes, your tanks were sleeping in the healing pool

I haven't stepped into that wing yet, how many people die when Krosus breaks the bridge?
    When I did it yesterday, 4 people(1 being a ranged) died to the bridge breaking.

OT: The hardest part was finding the weird ass way between bosses that Blizzard forces you into, none of the bosses caused any issues in the slightest.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Bosses need less HP but to do a bit more damage.
    Exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If botanist took 12 minutes, your tanks were sleeping in the healing pool
    A bit, yeah, but no so much to heal him significantly; I was offtaunting him out of it couple of times as a healer with bear affinity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    When I did it yesterday, 4 people(1 being a ranged) died to the bridge breaking.

OT: The hardest part was finding the weird ass way between bosses that Blizzard forces you into, none of the bosses caused any issues in the slightest.
    Pretty much this, group took longer trying to figure out why the building in the middle was always closed than we did on any boss.

Tich - Died shortly after 2nd Bat phase, DPS was all 250-400k usually, with about 1/2 the raid getting orbs.

Krosus - Died on second bridge phase (Although, he seemed to stop slamming after the 5th, I don't know if it's an insanely long timer between 5 and 6 in LFR, or if it bugged, or what, but we were about 15 seconds after my DBM called it out and he never even started the cast.)

Elisade - Much like normal, posed no real threat without rings in P2 or 3.

Wing 2 is still by-and-far the worst tuned, given the levels of idiocy possessed by the average LFR "raider". (Star Augur adds should probably be killable for 2-3 DPS players hard focusing it/Botanist healing zones probably shouldn't exist given griefing/bad/non-english tanks.

But I digress, wing 3 definitely felt like a breath of fresh air after a couple of weeks of wing 2.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    Pretty much this, group took longer trying to figure out why the building in the middle was always closed than we did on any boss.

Tich - Died shortly after 2nd Bat phase, DPS was all 250-400k usually, with about 1/2 the raid getting orbs.

Krosus - Died on second bridge phase (Although, he seemed to stop slamming after the 5th, I don't know if it's an insanely long timer between 5 and 6 in LFR, or if it bugged, or what, but we were about 15 seconds after my DBM called it out and he never even started the cast.)

Elisade - Much like normal, posed no real threat without rings in P2 or 3.

Wing 2 is still by-and-far the worst tuned, given the levels of idiocy possessed by the average LFR "raider". (Star Augur adds should probably be killable for 2-3 DPS players hard focusing it/Botanist healing zones probably shouldn't exist given griefing/bad/non-english tanks.

But I digress, wing 3 definitely felt like a breath of fresh air after a couple of weeks of wing 2.
    As far as I'm aware, Krosus only smashes 2 sections of the platform on LFR rather than all 4.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Tichondrius - 1 wipe because tank died and went afk.
    Krosus - 1 shot, only 1 person died when first part of the bridge got destroyed.
    Elisande - 1 shot with 1 tank.
    Tuning is fine, although it feels like bosses have too much hp and too low damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saradonin View Post
    A bit, yeah, but no so much to heal him significantly; I was offtaunting him out of it couple of times as a healer with bear affinity.
    You have to remember, the pools heal every boss in them, if all 3 are in, even for a couple of seconds, it can be a huge amount of healing, even in LFR, unfortunately. And yeah, given Botanist's LFR HP, unless your average DPS was 100k or less, he took a lot of healing to have it last 12 mins ;p (Or tanks were inventing mechanics and separating them, which seems to be a common thing in LFR/normal.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    As far as I'm aware, Krosus only smashes 2 sections of the platform on LFR rather than all 4.
    Ah, one of the posters mentioned him enraging, but yeah, I'm guessing it's either a much longer enrage, or it's a traditional "Turns red and hits very hard very quickly" enrage, rather than the instant wipe.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    If that dps was enough to kill him, he's been nerfed within the last 12hrs.