Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Who says I bitch out anyone? I trust people to know what they're good at, attack WM was just a good example of something commonly picked regardless of circumstance and usually in my experience turns out to be a poor player. There have been times where I've seen attack WM dominate almost by themselves, unfortunately when that happens I tend to be on the other team.

Now now, majority of terrorrists are muslims, but not not ALL muslims are terrorists. Same for widowmakers..... majority of games I loose are due to shitty widowmakers (5v6 essentially), but not ALL widowmakers are shitty.

My Overwatch theory about team compositions goes like this.

You paid your hard earned cash for the game, so people can be who they want in any play mode except competitive. Most people playing competitive take the game a little more seriously and will do what is necessary to try to field a competitive team.

I completely roll my e-eyes at the person who yells "we need a tank" or "we need a healer" yet are playing as Bastion in Oasis, but when you tell them they can do either function they always refuse. If its just quick play, honestly, does it really matter?

If you want to play the game properly, you should play comp and not play anything else,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warrdaddy View Post
    Now now, majority of terrorrists are muslims, but not not ALL muslims are terrorists. Same for widowmakers..... majority of games I loose are due to shitty widowmakers (5v6 essentially), but not ALL widowmakers are shitty.
    If you're playing with shit WMs, your playing with shit players, and if you're playing with shit players that's on your own MMR. Even at gold/low plat Widows will usually do enough to justify themselves. I've knocked out five players on a team and still watched as ours just waited at the choke for their Reinhardt to move. I've given my teams free walks on to points with gold elims and objective kills, and still got the meme of 'bad Widow' comments at the end because they lacked the most basic capacity to shoot in the right direction to hold it. That is what it is at this point, a meme. The game's been out long enough that people have enough hours learning maps and how to shoot that encountering a genuinely bad WM is fairly uncommon, at least for me; if they're on the other side it's fairly standard that they will need countering and pressing hard to minimise their impact.

Bad players are bad players, they happen, and they're not restricted to one or two heroes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warrdaddy View Post
    No, not all WMs are shitty, it's more about them being poorly suited to attacking by design. That doesn't mean they can't do well, but that has a lot more to do with the player than the character. Same thing applies to Bastion and Torb, they are poorly suited to attacking but can be very useful when played well. Problem is if your team is sucking, the offensive sniper, tends to be the easiest target. You can see what everyone else going for the point is doing and how effective they're generally being, can't really do that for the sniper hanging in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarmful View Post
    Nobody choses healer, even though we need one. I got half my playtime as Zen, despite I main defense – just out of necessity, since our group will fail, if we don’t have any support.

But, we NEED a soldier every game, a genji, a tracer aaaand a McCree – yeees we do, even on defense. But healers and tanks are to necessary to win. Even the last pick avoids spport, despite being late at selecting.

People are mindless sheeps. Not you guys reading of course, but everyone else.
    In comp I main Mercy and have a 60% win rate. But man when we lose, all the blame goes to me even when I'm on the board for top heals. Doesn't matter. If I die alot, it was my fault because I don't know how to fly from teammate to teammate. It can't be that I was getting targeted full time by the other team no matter what. Everyone likes to blame everyone else except themselves. It's got to the point where I'm just gonna stop going into voice chat and just heal.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    Mindless sheep would just mindlessly pick 2-2-2 every game like they are supposed to. Mindless sheep don't stubbornly pick the one they want to play. It's almost the exact opposite.

Playing the same "meta" comp every single game, now that's some proper mindless sheep behaviour.

80-90% I pick what I think would be bestish for the team, based on what they've picked and what characters I find fun. My top played character in qp is Mercy, because I do like her... but she's not actually my favourite, just my favourite support, which is often needed.

The other times, if everyone picks shit comp, I'm not going to care. Alternatively, if I've switched to support/tank/whatever for the team the last few games, I might say fuck it and play what I want anyway. And I might be in a group with new people who might not realize that, but you know, I want to have fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    No, not all WMs are shitty, it's more about them being poorly suited to attacking by design. That doesn't mean they can't do well, but that has a lot more to do with the player than the character. Same thing applies to Bastion and Torb, they are poorly suited to attacking but can be very useful when played well. Problem is if your team is sucking, the offensive sniper, tends to be the easiest target. You can see what everyone else going for the point is doing and how effective they're generally being, can't really do that for the sniper hanging in the back.
    widowmaker is by far the strongest attacking character in the first half portion of all the non control point maps. Dorado might be the only bad non control point map for widowmaker
    Last edited by JIMM-; 2017-02-23 at 07:42 AM.

In QM I'm not gonna give a fuck if you want a healer to win, I'm there to shoot some internet retards, not make it a good game for you.

In competetive it's debatable, I don't see why me specifically should play a healer if I hate it and you should get to play something you find fun? That's why there should be a role select before you even get into a game and a set meta. And please, the time it takes me to pick my hero has no bearing on what I'm gonna play either.. So called last pick.. moron.

Nobody choses healer, even though we need one. I got half my playtime as Zen, despite I main defense – just out of necessity, since our group will fail, if we don’t have any support.

But, we NEED a soldier every game, a genji, a tracer aaaand a McCree – yeees we do, even on defense. But healers and tanks are to necessary to win. Even the last pick avoids spport, despite being late at selecting.

Welcome to the internet, where the excuse of "Hard earned cash" is everything and playing correctly is out of the window.

And the usual rants start.

Player A is mad at his wife, needs to vent and shoot kids cause apparently pixels work for him instead of talking back to his wife.

Player B has 20mins before the kids start screaming, see at player A what works for him.

Player C is probably high on drugs or sleepless doesnt care etc.

Player D would pick a healer but no one picked a tank.

Player E just bought the game OH LOOK, JAPANESE LOOKING HERO = Japan = Anime = I play anime characters cause NARUTO IS COOL AND EVERYTHING.

Its the reason i didnt buy the game after playing since Day 1 on the Late alpha/closed beta, took me about 3 minutes into my first match to decide i wont be buying the game.

Its a tactical game where you have to depend on your team, even in Quick Match to ever enjoy the game, i know enough since playing games from when i was 13 back in 2000 and from so many hours of Dota in WC3 a few years after and other similar games were teamplay is required to never, ever, ever trust the other person to play correctly.

Growing up i simply decided i will not pay for games where my fun will be ruined by some person that cant coordinate eyes with finger movements and basic math to follow pixels if there is a win/lose scenario.

Which means you will never enjoy the game cause everyone will use the excuse "I PAID FOR IT, I DO WHAT I WANT, PEW PEW, MY LIFE SUCKS IRL, DONT DICTATE MY E-FREEDOM, MY WIFE KIDS AND BOSS DESTROY MY IRL DONT RUIN MY FUN"
    Last edited by potis; 2017-02-23 at 08:09 AM.

Deleted

To be honest a Soldier is semi-required on both attack and defence. He outputs some of the highest DPS in the game and has insane kill potential with a nano-visor. There's generally a "meta" for a reason. I mean I know we all like to play Junkrat but the sad truth is there's better picks essentially 99% of the time. I mean let's say you pick him on attack or defence and the enemy team has a Pharah.. You're essentially useless against a huge portion of the enemy teams offense.

It's not that people are sheep, it's the fact people want to win. Picking the best heroes generally increases the chances of that. Obviously if you're a really awesome player you can literally play anything on anymap and climb to a certain rating, but chances are if you're here making this post you're not that guy

I do agree with it being annoying af when people troll pick and refuse to pick Rein/Healers when they're clearly needed though. I try to fill where I can, I've just learned to love Rein myself, makes it much easier

I personally try to always fill for my team, be it QP, Ranked or even custom games. What annoys me though is if I pick dps first and then the rest of the team picks dps then I change to healer to fill for them but not a single person bothers to go tank. Sometimes I say fuck it and go Lucio since he can top up dps heroes low health pool pretty easily but other times I get annoyed and just fuck around with Symmetra, levitating my teammates' corpses with her laser gun for the luls.

My biggest issue though is having multiple snipers/turrets, on either attack or defense. I prefer having at least four bodies that are able to get on the objective, but sometimes we end up with just two bodies which makes it much harder and longer to capture the objective. Don't get me wrong I don't mind having one Widow/Hanzo on my team, but both at the same time is just stupid and it gimps the team. I don't usually count Ana since I mostly see her healing within the vicinity of a tank so I don't mind having Ana/Widow or Ana/Hanzo, just not Widow/Hanzo.

The healers are poorly designed.

Lucio- Passive heal, never enough when you need it. Damage is a joke, easy to dodge. Boop is too important to the player.

Ana- Can burst heal, can ranged heal. Damage is solid but team positions are used against you. Not to mention a sniper who cant headshot being the dumbest thing Ive ever heard of.

Zen- Solid healing. Solid damage. Made of toilet paper (The only real acceptable healer imo)

Mercy- Solid healing, weak damage, power boosting the right target is a guessing game and ruins your position. Needed hitscan damage imo to be on Zen's level.

imo the healers lack a hero that appeals to assault/defense/tank players. Other than Zen it's like every healer was designed for the same player, hence so few people enjoy playing healers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by God8010 View Post
    imo the healers lack a hero that appeals to assault/defense/tank players.
    Ana is exactly that. Might not be anymore though after those nerfs hit servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Ana is exactly that. Might not be anymore though after those nerfs hit servers.
    Just need some more Offence/Defence heroes that can drop a heal occasionally. 76 demonstrates it's not exclusive to Support. Doubt they'd give it to a tank, but you never know.

Deleted
    The healers are boring. When they come up with one that is compelling to play, I, and I'm sure many others, will actually want to/enjoy playing them.

I don't think that day will come any time soon though, because healers are also fucking boring in HoTS and WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    The healers are boring. When they come up with one that is compelling to play, I, and I'm sure many others, will actually want to/enjoy playing them.

I don't think that day will come any time soon though, because healers are also fucking boring in HoTS and WoW.
    I love Mercy and Zeynatta. I just wish they would add an secondary option to Mercy's ult to be a self rez. Because it's getting really stupid that the strategy is kill Mercy, pop all ults and wipe team before Mercy can run back.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    How I feel when looking at the beggining of the match who picks what

I enjoy playing support classes/characters. So... there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    The healers are boring in my opinion. When they come up with one that is compelling to play, I, and I'm sure many others, will actually want to/enjoy playing them.

I don't think that day will come any time soon though, because healers are also fucking boring in HoTS and WoW in my opinion.
    Fixed. I LOVE playing ana. Lucio and zenyatta are quite fun too in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If people need old items to feel unique and special then they have a problem. Playing a video game in a MMO isn't about looking and feeling special.
    LOL