Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Account closure for Exploitative Activity: Abuse of the Economy

Hello. Tonight I got an email that my account was closed permanently for abuse of the economy. I have never once purchased or sold gold or anything outside of the game for any real life currency at all. Does anyone else have any information on this. I have used the auction house mobile app, that's it.

We can't really help you. All I can suggest is contact support to attempt to get the account ruling overtuned. If it isn't then they more than likely have evidence of you doing what you are claiming to be banned for.

Deleted
    They don't ban people for no reason. If you got banned for that reason you either bought gold or bought a boostrun for real money, so deal with the consequences.

Deleted
    I believe this can also relate to manipulating the auction house for a specific item/set of items for a prolonged period.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Voidmaster
    They do. it's called false positive. happened to me recently, I called them, got unbanned.
    never spread wrong informations. blizzard are humans, too. everyone makes mistakes.

also, worse thing to do is to post on forums : P you'll get called "liar", cheater, and you'll feel worse

Deleted
    Pick up the phone and call Blizzard. Great support if they now did a fuck up they will give back your acc. Be charismatic, soften the hearts of the support!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    @Voidmaster
    They do. it's called false positive. happened to me recently, I called them, got unbanned.
    never spread wrong informations. blizzard are humans, too. everyone makes mistakes.

also, worse thing to do is to post on forums : P you'll get called "liar", cheater, and you'll feel worse
    Nonsense, they don't permanently ban people without having someone look at the logs first. There's no "false positives" on permanent bans as they are not automated. Only temporary bans are.

10+ Year Old Account
    You probaly purchased/sold something on Ah, that a goldseller used.
    Like placing that chicken lvl 60 food on market for 5000g each.
    Wich makes sense. My friend got banned (but got unbanned) when he tested this like 6-7 years ago.
    He placed a chicken on market and stupid goldsellers purchased it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    They don't ban people for no reason. If you got banned for that reason you either bought gold or bought a boostrun for real money or used the same IP or VPN as gold sellers, so deal with the consequences.
    Added one possible explanation.

Ah Bot, spamming the AH, selling stuff... the list is long under that category

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    To all those saying to pick up the phne and call them, YOU CANNOT. They do not have a number to be reached at.

OP, follow the directions in the email to dispute the ban. You can dispute it until they tell you that no more appeals will be responded to and the action stands. They do not just ban for the sake of banning. Each time they have to do so makes them lose money and they do not want to lose money.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sciatika View Post
    Hello. Tonight I got an email that my account was closed permanently for abuse of the economy. I have never once purchased or sold gold or anything outside of the game for any real life currency at all. Does anyone else have any information on this. I have used the auction house mobile app, that's it.
    You sound innocent to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Nonsense, they don't permanently ban people without having someone look at the logs first. There's no "false positives" on permanent bans as they are not automated. Only temporary bans are.
    I got permanently banned in the middle of the night by a script. or a drunk sleepy employee who knows
    and unbanned because false positive

My friend got the same after he turned out Auctioneer and started pushing crapton of Star Roses and other herbs he farmed into the market. He got banned shortly after, and unbanned when he explained the situation. I assume pushing huge amounts of items 1 item each into AH may bring Blizzards attention to you, and someone may wrongfully assume you are a bot or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sciatika View Post
    Better call costumer support to find out why. If you really have not done anything shady, then it might be a false positive or some malware have gone on your PC and run some illigal programs. The most important thing is just to get more information. It will either help you get unbanned or clear up your confusion.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I assume pushing huge amounts of items 1 item each into AH may bring Blizzards attention to you, and someone may wrongfully assume you are a bot or something.
    The way I see it, people listing crafting materials as single items totally deserve to be banned.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    The way I see it, people listing crafting materials as single items totally deserve to be banned.
    I agree 100%. Nothing in the world (of Warcraft) is more irritating that going though 10 auction house pages to find the cheapest full stacks of flasks and food.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    I agree 100%. Nothing in the world (of Warcraft) is more irritating that going though 10 auction house pages to find the cheapest full stacks of flasks and food.
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/auctionator

Void master, you're an idiot. Why would I come to the forums asking for advice if I did it? I have been selling and buying augment runes, chaos crystals, and prolonged power pots, and flasks but nothing out of the ordinary. I also use the mobile app to do this, which wasn't working for over a week.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Eh? Even default auc UI can sort auc lots by buyout price per item.