Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Havoc Legendary question AOTHG

Hi all,

I just received my first legendary and was lucky to get anger of the half giant. Now I know this is a good legendary for havoc demon hunters but I spoke to some others in my guild and they say that demons blades works well with this legendary but, I was unsure in what circumstances it changes my talent choices to be optimal.

I mainly do mythic+ and my guild alt runs as I do t have a lot of time available (reason why I only just got my first legendary as well as starting later?. So in mythic+ and world content I assume that the demonic appetite is better for health and demonic build? And demon blades is better on single target?? Not sure how well it snergises and if it boosts haste as a stat??

Thanks for any advice on this issue. I know this is maybe an obvious question but, I am fairly casual in my time and don't have a lot of it spare to use on testing it in game. Thanks in advance if anyone can help cheers!

expect some hate from people that cant get their rings after 4-5 leg's like myself.

its BIS for felblade/chaosblade build

for demonic you want to use it anyways unless you got the leg trinket and eyeband and 4 set bonus (in which case it will MAYBE be better to bag the ring)

since you only got one you will never take that ring for the near future regardless of spec choice.

it buffs felblade demon blades auto attack and demonic bite, its BIS.

Deleted
    The ring generates a prog on DemonBite for 1 - 12 fury.
    The ring generates a prog on DemonBlades for 1-8 fury.
    This prog is not affected by the 2-Set bonus (10% fury generation).

DemonBite + w/o ring + w/o 2Set : 20-30 fury.
    DemonBite + ring + w/o 2Set : 20-30 fury + 1-12 fury = 21-42 fury
    DemonBite + w/o ring + 2Set : 22-33 fury.
    DemonBite + ring + 2Set : 22-33 fury + 1-12 fury = 23-45 fury

DemonBlades + w/o ring + w/o 2Set : 20-30 fury.
    DemonBlades + ring + w/o 2Set : 20-30 fury + 1-8 fury = 21-38 fury
    DemonBlades + w/o ring + 2Set : 22-33 fury.
    DemonBlades + ring + 2Set : 22-33 fury + 1-8 fury = 23-41 fury

The ring-bonus-fury-prog does not prog for Felblade, neither for any other source of fury generation. Just for DemonBite & DemonBlades.

Gratz to you BIS-legendary.
    Last edited by mmoc8e194a7218; 2017-02-22 at 07:19 AM.

Deleted
    You will always use that ring, except if you have helmet and trinket and m+ without tyrannical affix.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just parrot what has been said: Never unequip that ring unless you have the helmet and trinket (Raddon's and Kil'jaeden) and you're running demonic in M+.

Also fuck you for getting that ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    expect some hate from people that cant get their rings after 4-5 leg's like myself.

its BIS for felblade/chaosblade build

for demonic you want to use it anyways unless you got the leg trinket and eyeband and 4 set bonus (in which case it will MAYBE be better to bag the ring)

since you only got one you will never take that ring for the near future regardless of spec choice.

it buffs felblade demon blades auto attack and demonic bite, its BIS.
    Only procs on Bite and DB attacks!
    Still the Ring is a BIS legendary.
    Of course you could use head and trinket but you don't have them.
    and by the way use DB, still pulls ahead.
    Ah and i hate demonic build!!!!!!!!!! hahaha
    Last edited by HeiAggra; 2017-02-22 at 12:00 PM.

Deleted
    Just stopped by to say that I now have a 25% chance to get the Anger ring! After my 6th lege I'm now missing:
    - Prydaz
    - Sephu'z secret
    - Kil'jaeden's
    - that shitty ring named anger that makes me angry

In few weeks I can update this and say that I now have a 33,3333% chance to get my Anger ring. fml

Quote Originally Posted by Eikokeiko View Post
    Just stopped by to say that I now have a 25% chance to get the Anger ring! After my 6th lege I'm now missing:
    - Prydaz
    - Sephu'z secret
    - Kil'jaeden's
    - that shitty ring named anger that makes me angry

In few weeks I can update this and say that I now have a 33,3333% chance to get my Anger ring. fml
    I got it on the 3rd!
    Head, Shitty chest, RING (ME Happy), Boots, Neck!
    and that's it!

You're pretty much never going to take that ring off.

Currently 9 legendaries in. Got my 7th, 8th and 9th in the past 3 consecutive days.

Tank:
    Boots
    Shoulders
    Archimonde Trinket

DPS:
    AOTHG
    Raddon's
    Achor chest
    Cini belt
    Kiljaeden Trinket
    Fel Rush boots

Just need shoulder to be complete for DPS.
    Been running Ring+Helm+Demonic for M+. Gunna try subbing ring out for trinket as mentioned here. Not sure why it never occured to me.
    Last edited by squirtlesquad; 2017-02-22 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by squirtlesquad View Post

Currently 9 legendaries in. Got my 7th, 8th and 9th in the past 3 consecutive days.

Tank:
    Boots
    Shoulders
    Archimonde Trinket

DPS:
    AOTHG
    Raddon's
    Achor chest
    Cini belt
    Kiljaeden Trinket
    Fel Rush boots

Been running Ring+Helm+Demonic for M+. Gunna try subbing ring out for trinket as mentioned here. Not sure why it never occured to me.
    What the fuck.

You got 3 legendaries in 3 days?

Who's your God, I need to start praying to him.

Tank:
    Boots
    Shoulders
    Archimonde Trinket

DPS:
    AOTHG
    Raddon's
    Achor chest
    Cini belt
    Kiljaeden Trinket
    Fel Rush boots

You could also use the boots, Beam and the rush and beam again!

Deleted
    Thanks very much for all the replies!

So really doesn't affect my talent choices. Just makes my single target stronger? I thought that it maybe makes demon blades and fel mastery stronger? Guess I'd need to go into mythic+ And try it out??

Quote Originally Posted by The Bhoy View Post
    Thanks very much for all the replies!

So really doesn't affect my talent choices. Just makes my single target stronger? I thought that it maybe makes demon blades and fel mastery stronger? Guess I'd need to go into mythic+ And try it out??
    Nope, the only thing that FM scale was mastery. In fact, it was one of the top builds for endgame Mythic NH gear. All of this was before Chaos Cleave got nerfed, though.

But yeah, you run the same build, 2220311. The "only" difference is that you can fill your GCDs with a "lot" more CS than your average Demon Hunter.

Got my 7th, 8th and 9th in the past 3 consecutive days.
    what have you been doing in the past 3 days?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Nope, the only thing that FM scale was mastery. In fact, it was one of the top builds for endgame Mythic NH gear. All of this was before Chaos Cleave got nerfed, though.

But yeah, you run the same build, 2220311. The "only" difference is that you can fill your GCDs with a "lot" more CS than your average Demon Hunter.
    Ok! Thanks. So as for aoe is demonic still the best? 3310123 (or something similar). Or is there any other variation aoe for me now??

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by The Bhoy View Post
    Ok! Thanks. So as for aoe is demonic still the best? 3310123 (or something similar). Or is there any other variation aoe for me now??

Thanks again
    Constant AoE, ye, it is. For raiding purposes, the only boss in which this applies is Skorpyron and because the boss is more of a joke than a boss.

Your average boss has an add spawning each X seconds. That doesn't count as constant AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by yazid View Post
    what have you been doing in the past 3 days?
    Standard stuff. Raids, emissaries and M+.
    1 came from a raid, 1 from emissary and 1 from M+

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    What the fuck.

You got 3 legendaries in 3 days?

Who's your God, I need to start praying to him.
    Guildmate of mine got 3 in 2. He scored one from our weekly m15 run on tuesday, came late for the raid on wednesday. opened his weekly chest befor he came, got another one in there, and then one from trilliax heroic half an hour later.

On the other hand, he plays a resto druid, and got phyrraz, sephuz and cynidaria, so I don't have that many hard feelings. Still weird.

In EN one of my guild members got a legendary off a boss and then another of the next boss we did.

Screw you and the horse you road in on!

As others have said, this is BIS in all raiding situations currently and in M+ unless you have very specific legendaries.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2017-02-23 at 04:34 PM.