Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    "Control" seems a very poor word to use since it sets off a lot of warning bells for people. The overall of what they're saying isn't bad though, the Media should be a more trusted source of news than the leader of a country.
    Don't entirely agree with that. People should have a healthy scepticism of whatever information they are being fed, especially from the media. There are too many hidden agendas and ulterior motives these days. For example, a news story about a reported increase in cholesterol might seem innocuous until you dig deeper and find a drug company is a station advertiser.

People have never had more information available to them in the history of mankind due to the Internet. There is no reason for people to not find the truth, but most don't due to laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    But 3 Rights make a Left!

Trump Confirmed for Liberal!

Also, Half life 3 confirmed!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    See this is where the media has it all wrong.

It's not ANYONE's job to tell us what to think. They are there to inform us of what is going on so that we may form our own opinion on it.

No more and no less.

Douchebags like this guy deserve to receive a solid kick to the nuts.
    Hehehe. One way to get someone's attention I guess. But you are correct. It is not media's job to tell us how to think. I see bias on all the networks. Bar none. I will watch a video of someone making a speech and decide for myself what they said. And that determination may not be what the media says it is. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Don't entirely agree with that. People should have a healthy scepticism of whatever information they are being fed, especially from the media. There are too many hidden agendas and ulterior motives these days. For example, a news story about a reported increase in cholesterol might seem innocuous until you dig deeper and find a drug company is a station advertiser.

People have never had more information available to them in the history of mankind due to the Internet. There is no reason for people to not find the truth, but most don't due to laziness.
    I didn't say people shouldn't be skeptical, just that the president should rank lower on the trusted scale than the media.

It's a funny slip of the tongue, but I like how your title clipped out the part where he was actually accusing Trump of trying to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    I didn't say people shouldn't be skeptical, just that the president should rank lower on the trusted scale than the media.
    They're about equal right now and that's really bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    This is explains why most die hard MSNBC readers are zealots.
    Most die hard fox readers are zealots.

In other news most diehard anythings are zealots. captain obvious
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that was poorly said...

You'd think with all the anti-media bias nowadays they'd try to avoid phrases like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    The only thing proved here is that the reading comprehension of the average MMO-Champion Off-Topic reader is beyond abysmal, completely taking what she said out of context and spinning it. This is 3rd Grade level reading comprehension we're talking about... We're talking "Idiocracy" levels of unintelligent here. It's fairly obvious to anyone with gray matter between their ears that Mika meant that it is the medias job to not allow Trump to invent things and to hold him accountable.
    This. It's one sound clip taken out of context.

Ironically, this happened to Trump all the time on the campaign trail, but when you asked Trump to clarify he would double down on his stupidity. If you were to ask Brzezinski to clarify what she meant by we she'd give you a cognizant response.

And yes, it's the medias job to keep Trump in check. Individual journalists or organizations may have their problems but there is no mass conspiracy going on here. Trump is just a shit president and he doesn't want people saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Well that was poorly said...

You'd think with all the anti-media bias nowadays they'd try to avoid phrases like that.
    You'd think, but as you can see in this thread people will still defend them as long as they're against Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Most die hard fox readers are zealots.

In other news most diehard anythings are zealots. captain obvious
    Actually no, you could say that about Breitbart or inforwars but fox is center right, MSNBC is extreme left.

Actually no, you could say that about Breitbart or inforwars but fox is center right, MSNBC is extreme left.
    Fox is "center right" but MSNBC is "extreme" left...

L.O.L.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    There is no anti-media bias.
    A small and vocal part of the population has a bias against media that doesn't show them the things they believe in.

- - - Updated - - -

Still claiming you're independent I see..
    Yeah and? Under your logic having an opinion how news orgs lean makes you non independent? LOL!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Fox is "center right" but MSNBC is "extreme" left...

L.O.L.
    Yeah, if you wasn't a liberal you would see that.

Yeah, independents really accuse people of being liberal when they don't agree with their stupid shit.

The horseshoe talks about far left and right being close to each other. Not the independents.
    So basically you have nothing. I hope one day you grow and learn and actually understand what it means to be independent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    The only thing proved here is that the reading comprehension of the average MMO-Champion Off-Topic reader is beyond abysmal, completely taking what she said out of context and spinning it. This is 3rd Grade level reading comprehension we're talking about... We're talking "Idiocracy" levels of unintelligent here. It's fairly obvious to anyone with gray matter between their ears that Mika meant that it is the medias job to not allow Trump to invent things and to hold him accountable.
    The title not only misquoted the person, but misrepresented the title of the article they copy and pasted. Literally removed the single quotes after copy and pasting, to attribute the whole quote.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Just because you overslept during election day, doesn't mean you're now an independent.
    I voted on election day, besides that I vote for the person, not the party. Which is why I have voted Democrat, Republican among other parties. I don't blindly think any one person is always right because of their party.

You think Trump is always wrong and Obama is always right.

I think both are sometimes right and sometimes wrong, that is what it is to be an independent.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically you have nothing. I hope one day you grow and learn and actually understand what it means to be independent.
    I'd say it would mean calling out the OP on misrepresenting the article. All people had to do to see what the OP did, was check the original title. You know, instead of jumping on the bandwagon of demonizing the media, check the actual source?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Yet Fox News is to the centre.
    And MSNBC is far left.
    And everyone that disagrees must be a liberal..

You should work harder at the persona you're acting.
    I said they are center right. MSNBC - http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffberc.../#2d6f0b9d734c

And everyone that disagrees must be a liberal..
    No, I am judging that by the amount of times you have ignored facts over your liberal ideology.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted on election day, besides that I vote for the person, not the party. Which is why I have voted Democrat, Republican among other parties. I don't blindly think any one person is always right because of their party.

You think Trump is always wrong and Obama is always right.

I think both are sometimes right and sometimes wrong, that is what it is to be an independent.
    This has nothing to do with Obama. There is absolutely nothing to bring up about Obama here. Attacking a single person making a comment, to then defend it by calling out your equal treatment of Obama's term, doesn't help your claim. It does signal you believe that you are independent, but what you actually say contradicts it.

Did you notice the quote in OP doesn't actually match what was said in the article? Did you notice that the OP removed single quotes of article's title, to personally attribute the whole quote? Did you miss it in your hasty reply because it's too early or that bitching about the press gets your reply before even checking?

- - - Updated - - -

No, I am judging that by the amount of times you have ignored facts over your liberal ideology.
    Yes, and you missed the misrepresentation of the article by the op because you have ignored facts over your 'independent' ideology?

Yeah and? Under your logic having an opinion how news orgs lean makes you non independent? LOL!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, if you wasn't a liberal you would see that.
    *your approximation of what it means to be liberal. Which, isn't worth even 1/8 of a shit.

You seem to believe that labeling yourself an "independent" gives you some special sort of insight. Yet what you clearly lack is the ability for independent thought, which is sort of the key factor in true political independency. My favorite part about this is how you claim "independent" time and time again, yet directly contradict the very notion of it with the typical "you're just a liberal" nonsense.

But to play by your rules, and apparently blow your mind, I've voted for Republicans and Democrats toooooo!

<gasp>...dun dun DUN!!