Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's funny how people are complaining mostly about the fact men pretending to be women could go in the women's bathroom to 'perv'. Hint: In a woman's bathrooms there aren't urinals where women are flashing their vagoos about publicy. They are all in a cubicle, where someone peeking over the top which would be the only way to perv would be met with outrage regardless of it was a man or a woman....

Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    Is it a coincidence that it's always men who pretend to be women and extremely rarely the other way around?
    What, exactly is the 'it's' in this statement? What do you mean and what numbers do you have to support it?

It's funny how people are complaining mostly about the fact men pretending to be women could go in the women's bathroom to 'perv'. Hint: In a woman's bathrooms there aren't urinals where women are flashing their vagoos about publicy. They are all in a cubicle, where someone peeking over the top which would be the only way to perv would be met with outrage regardless of it was a man or a woman....
    Nevermind outrage, it is and would remain illegal. The law would allow a trans person to use the restroom they identify with, it does not make it legal for them to climb up your door and watch you. That would get them arrested no matter what junk they're packing.
    That aside, I remain convinced that in women's bathrooms women do in fact walk around just flashing their vagoos.
    Last edited by Enthusiastic Steward; 2017-02-23 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Oh so you are saying penises will rape other penises if left in the men's bathroom because one penis is wearing a wig? How exactly does that happen unless the assailant is gay?

You need to use the right terms and stop confusing us. We are talking about biological men here are we not?
    It happens all the time, unless you think women are raping transfolks.

Relevant statistic is that 47% of transfolk report being sexually assaulted in their lives.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacktop Cadence View Post
    Why?

Is it because of sexual assault? It takes a certain special sort of logic to make this statement and then assume trans women and trans girls won't be sexually assaulted in the men's room.
    Again you are confusing things. Penises don't rape other penises just because they wear wigs. Unless the assailant is gay. Putting penises in the ladies room could actually increase rape by your logic unless you assume every penis that wants to be a vagina is straight (they like vaginas).

Here is an interesting question. If I like a girl who has a vagina and she identifies as a penis (but has a vagina) does that make me straight or gay? Can I now claim to be gay and get all sorts of government protection as a member of the LGBT class?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    Regardless of where someone stands on this issue, and what they think about it: I think no one is really surprised by this happening. Yeah yeah, Trump said that he will support LGBT people and that he won't do anything that could harm them etc. - but I don't think that anyone seriously believed that to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    Is it a coincidence that it's always men who pretend to be women and extremely rarely the other way around?
    It is not a coincidence, because the whole notion is not true to begin with. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    "Boy, I really hope this person taking a poop next to me has a penis. It would be really awkward if they had a vagina."
    Pretty much. I mean, there are only stalls in the women's restroom anyway - I really couldn't care less what set of genitals the person in the stall next to me has; apart from the fact that I would never know anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    The fact that so many care about which bathroom some use is very sad. Seriously use whatever damn bathroom you want imo.
    Unless they're making all bathrooms individual, then no. Sorry, but I don't want the potential for a creepy, 40 year old man to be in the same room unsupervised as my 10 year old daughter. I don't care if that man is straight, gay, or identifies as female, I don't want him in there alone with her, period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why?

Is it because of sexual assault? It takes a certain special sort of logic to make this statement and then assume trans women and trans girls won't be sexually assaulted in the men's room.
    Its not likely. Straight men have no interest in men who look like women

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Unless they're making all bathrooms individual, then no. Sorry, but I don't want the potential for a creepy, 40 year old man to be in the same room unsupervised as my 10 year old daughter. I don't care if that man is straight, gay, or identifies as female, I don't want him in there alone with her, period.
    What makes you think they haven't all this time but you just haven't noticed? You do know LGBTQ people have existed before these bathroom laws and I will let you in on another secret they have been using bathrooms all this time too

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I work in a school. Showers have been turned off since before I was in the district as a student.
    So all of the students walk around smelling like swamp ass and nasty BO all day after phys-ed class? Thats even more disgusting than allowing boys and girls to shower together.

- - - Updated - - -

You know, I work in a school. Showers have been turned off since before I was in the district as a student.

So....

1.) Why does comfort outweigh the safety of trans girls?

2.) You assume boys are ghastly beasts, but want to put trans girls in the showers with them. What exactly do you think is going to happen?

- - - Updated - - -

So, it's okay for them to look at naked transwomen and transgirls?
    Normal (straight) people have no interest whatsoever in looking at people of the same sex with a wig on, and Transgender people are only .01% of the population. Most schools would be lucky if there were 2 in the whole school, so you want to make 99.99% of the people uncomfortable so that .01% can be happy

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I know plenty of Liberal Women, some even Lesbians that feel uncomfortable as hell at the prospect of a transitioning Male using the same bathrooms as them.

This isn't really a Right vs Left debate.

let the Virtue-Signalling begin!
    So you know any left-wingers who oppose post-OP transwoman using the female bathroom?

While its not a distinct left vs right thing, i'd argue equality comes into practice.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2017-02-23 at 01:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/22/u...ts-rights.html

Like I said earlier, the only people obsessed with the "boutique" issue of transgender bathrooms are Trump and the GOP, obsessed with taking them away.

And this is yet another broken promise from the totally phony lying Trump who once said: "Thank you to the LGBT community! I will fight for you while Hillary brings in more people that will threaten your freedoms and beliefs."

LOL. Enjoy being conned.
    Are you Trump or member of GOP then? Because I dont care about it but I learn it from you anyway.
    Seems you care about it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/22/u...ts-rights.html

Like I said earlier, the only people obsessed with the "boutique" issue of transgender bathrooms are Trump and the GOP, obsessed with taking them away.

And this is yet another broken promise from the totally phony lying Trump who once said: "Thank you to the LGBT community! I will fight for you while Hillary brings in more people that will threaten your freedoms and beliefs."

LOL. Enjoy being conned.
    Honestly, I know it will be hard for you to get past the media talking points (but c'mon, you can do it!), but this has nothing to do with transgender bathrooms.

This is a States rights issue.

All Trump did was basically say "the Fed is not handling this, it is up to the State governments to decide."

He is right.

Bathrooms are not a Federal issue.

Plumbing systems are local and individual to each State (and sometimes individual to each town or city). There is no reason the Federal government should have any jurisdiction over them.

It is part of reducing the "bloat" of the Federal government, he is removing the things the federal government has no business being involved in.

Obama did the same thing with marijuana legislation. He left it up to the individual states.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    So all of the students walk around smelling like swamp ass and nasty BO all day after phys-ed class? Thats even more disgusting than allowing boys and girls to shower together.
    Its not standard for any school in my country to have showers, we don't all share your extremely high standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    as much as i disagree with the concept of being able to sex change on a personal level this is fucking stupid. what will commander orange fruity pebbles screw up next? (and no i'm not going to entertain an argument on this right now.)
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Then the solution is simple, let people use whatever bathroom they want. let businesses do whatever they want. Now get your government out of the fucking bathroom. Why do conservatives seem to care so much about where people take a shit? Why do you hate freedom so much?
    Thats exactly what Trump did, he removed the mandate forcing schools to let people use the bathroom of their choice. He didnt say they could not allow people to use the bathroom of their choice. He left it up to the schools themselves

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Good. Get over it
    get over potentially being harassed? what is wrong with you?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    and Transgender people are only .01% of the population. Most schools would be lucky if there were 2 in the whole school, so you want to make 99.99% of the people uncomfortable so that .01% can be happy
    This figure you have in mind is not very accurate, though. Even very careful/conservative estimations place the number around 0.3%, with more recent studies placing it more in the region of 0.5-0.6%.
    This of course doesn't change the fact that the number is still very low - but it is like 30-60 times higher than you seem to think (in the United States, that is).
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-02-23 at 01:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He basically changed the law from country-wide to state-wide.

I think it's bad, but it's not an attack on LGBT rights. The project was controversial in the first place.

Betsy Devos said she considered protecting LGBTQ rights extremely important. I have no idea what that means, however.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The real story here is that DeVos was unexpected a pretty good Secretary of Education on this front.
    Seriously...who'd have thought we could have said that? I'm kinda curious what other surprises she has in store.

More on topic I'm pretty upset by this. It sounds like Sessions is going to be just as aggressive as predicted.