Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Thats exactly what Trump did, he removed the mandate forcing schools to let people use the bathroom of their choice. He didnt say they could not allow people to use the bathroom of their choice. He left it up to the schools themselves
    The real solution is to have one bathroom. That's smaller government, that's more freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Betsy Devos said she considered protecting LGBTQ rights extremely important. I have no idea what that means, however.
    Most likely nothing. She seems like a dimbulb that's basically in place because she won't get in the way of other administration members. I don't really get what the upside is to having her there.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Normal (straight) people have no interest whatsoever in looking at people of the same sex with a wig on, and Transgender people are only .01% of the population. Most schools would be lucky if there were 2 in the whole school, so you want to make 99.99% of the people uncomfortable so that .01% can be happy
    We tried that argument before with the Civil Rights movement, interracial marriage, gay marriage, and a whole host of other issues. How'd those turn out?

It's foolish to believe that minorities rights (particularly to safety) can be overruled because you're uncomfortable with something.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Most likely nothing. She seems like a dimbulb that's basically in place because she won't get in the way of other administration members. I don't really get what the upside is to having her there.
    More donations from her family to the republican party, they give millions to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    More on topic I'm pretty upset by this. It sounds like Sessions is going to be just as aggressive as predicted.
    I don't think rescinding federal enforcement is "aggressive" in any meaningful sense. Do you mean that he's going to be more passive about things that he should be aggressive about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yeah, she certainly doesn't seem like the brighest person for the job. Still, I find it curious that she'd go out of her way to say that and, more curiously perhaps, she's the first government member to state LGBTQ rather than LGBT.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I will let you in on another secret they have been using bathrooms all this time too
    This is pure conjecture!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    Men with wieners do not belong in womens bathrooms, showers or locker rooms, nor is it fair to force people who use those facilities into situations where the opposite sex is present in those areas.
    What it they have vaginas

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    This is fantastic. Now maybe we should focus on some legislation to get these people some mental health treatment.
    That's a dangerous slippery slope to start down.

This is fantastic. Now maybe we should focus on some legislation to get these people some mental health treatment.
    You'd have to find a diagnostic manual that lists trans folks as mentally disordered (Hint: Neither used in the western world does).

You people are hilarious, though. Trans folks have been under the scientific and psychological microscope for over a century. WPATH's SoC have been around for nearly 40. You're not going to win this sort of argument.

Deleted
    Transgender people usually do have therapy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    get over potentially being harassed? what is wrong with you?
    They don't care about other's rights.

Or he's just baiting for answers and attention. Could be both in this case.

Do you mean for all the fools who supported Trump? We'll need more doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Sure it won't be uncomfortable...when this person has to now use the men's room right
    The current argument is....

Is he still a guy? Because until he isn't, a fancy costume doesn't make him a girl no more than you dressing up as a alien makes you one.

However, It could really all be solved by making individual stalls with no possible connections to each other. Yes, it would limit the number of occupants but thats the trade off.

As far a politician changing their minds on something they preached trying to get elected. Trump wont be the first or last to ever pull that shit.
    Last edited by quras; 2017-02-23 at 02:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Transgender people usually do have therapy
    Why are you losing time arguing with someone who's clearly looking for someone to bite?

Transgender is not a mental illness. If some people don't get it, they're usually the ones insecure enough.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    I think Americans would be more concerned about gun-toting mentally ill people than what bog a Transgender student shits in... Apparently not

Deleted
    Guys, there has never been a case of a trans-person sexually assaulting someone in a bathroom, because guess what,
    These people go thought with all the treatments to be like anyone else, they are disgusted by their bodies more then anyone else,
    They would never use their wrong genetals for anything other then peeing!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Why are you losing time arguing with someone who's clearly looking for someone to bite?

Transgender is not a mental illness. If some people don't get it, they're usually the ones insecure enough.
    You're right

Unfortunately since Trump this place is now a beehive of stupidity so it's now 50/50 to have an intellectual conversation which is depressing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I have to say I think I've miss judged Ms. DeVos a little bit. I figured she was just like the rest of Trump's appointees and blindly toed the line but it seems she has some amount of decency. The reason she backed down is because we've seen what happens to others in Trump's administration that go against him. Cheeto Emperor doesn't take no as an answer.

Mr. Sessions on the other hand is a little bitch.......
    I would love to see someone in his administration who disagrees with him, stand their ground fully. This sort of "I had to change my position or I would be forced to resign" stuff is super shady.

Id rather see someone stand up and say, No. And let the circus begin of actually attempting to fire someone for disagreeing. Show the true colors of the currwnt administration.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Now maybe we should focus on some legislation to get these people some mental health treatment.
    Thank you for being such a good advocate for transsexuals!