Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hi guys,

so I started playing WoW with Legion again (6 weeks ago) and am still not up to speed. I last played in Cata as a DK. In Legion I started playing the Ret-pala because it looked like fun with high damage. But there is the problem for me because I think I don't do high enough damage for my decent equipment. I think the problem is that I have way to much mastery. But the loot-gods weren't that fortunate to give me the loot I want

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/eredar/Sidis/advanced

Artifact Rank 42 and using Cleansing Isotope (Mythic 10 Titanforged), Unkindled Ember (Heroric), Archaic Nathrezim Keepsake (Titanforged)

I read a couple of guide, especially the Icy Veins one. I try to hit the recommended rotation on key, but I notice that I stumble und mess it up a couple of times. I tried the addon hekill, so I keep the rotation right but the recommandations from the addon doesn't seem right. Because it recommendes with two targets to use Devine Storm. But it should only be used with three targets right?

Yesterday my guild and I went to Nighthold and killed all boses. But I thought the whole time the boosted me more then I helped them. Here are the logs(warcraftlogs.com/reports/Jkr6CQfHNmyL93gt/#type=damage-done&boss=-3&difficulty=0) from yesterdays raid. During Spellblade I had a disc, so that fight isn't probably that meaningful. My character is Sidis. BTW according to simc I should have 500k Dps which I'm not fairly close to.

What am I doing wrong? What can I tweak to become a better player?

If you need anything else please ask

Thank you for your advice in advance.
    Last edited by mmoc3abb714425; 2017-02-18 at 10:59 AM.

Hey guys -

Retribution Paladin here, having issue with my parses and not performing as I ought to be (my ilvl parse is even worse). Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong, but not really sure what I can change up. Any help would be appreciated (I cant post links just yet apparently, so please fill in as needed)

Armory: (us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Palybase/simple)
    Logs of Botanist fight as an example: (warcraftlogs.com/reports/f8vzChF4tVKX6Ppq#fight=1&type=damage-done)

Thanks all!

Hi guys...

I'd like to ask for some advice to my retri pally.
    My nick is Ashanee, and I'm not feeling confortble with my output as dps.
    If u guys could help me with some tips would be great.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/JZGqyQ213nHY4xbK

Ty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    hello Nolovethrall
    well to be honest we can't do anything if you can't link some logs so we can track your abilities and checking the gaps
    So here my First loggs , sadly obly 4 bosses cause auf random group, but hope enough to figure something out. I Noticed that iam waisting too much holy power. But i have to do more wrong for this bad parses. Thanks (ww.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aL7ZgvMGBdbqcAR8#fight=3&view=rankings)

Quote Originally Posted by Carstina View Post
    Hello,

I am just looking for some help on how I can somehow improve my DPS.. I am unsure what I am doing wrong. There are 3 Rets in my guild. We are all have relatively the same gear, but one always out preforms me and the other Ret. I know for one my weapon is about 20 ilvls lower then the other 2 rets and my weapon is not maxed out. But, I can not see that alone making ~100k dps difference between us. Some parses we are close together but, more often then not we are way apart. My logs are listed below

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A0llet/simple

I got in on attempt 16 and stayed to end of raid. Dont bother looking at attempts 1-15

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NCb1MzavDF8WxTqh

BTW my name is Meàtwàllet in the logs
    Hello Carstina just had a quick look at your log
    First of all you are on your 45 traits the other Ret is on 54 traits (capped) and 20 ilvl higher weapon
    that's a huge difference don't u think?
    i saw you didn't use any Pot while he used potion of prologne and you used SoV once while he cast it twice

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nolovethrall View Post
    So here my First loggs , sadly obly 4 bosses cause auf random group, but hope enough to figure something out. I Noticed that iam waisting too much holy power. But i have to do more wrong for this bad parses. Thanks (ww.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aL7ZgvMGBdbqcAR8#fight=3&view=rankings)
    My first advice for you is to gear up if you are that 867 ilvl Ret paladin and your percentile is 5-7% !!! i know you're worried about your dps but Retribution paladin is so gear dependent , what you need to do is Farm AP cap your traits get your 4/4 tier p w/o good legendary .
    and you are wasting holy power i hope you have WeakAura addon or TellMeWhen these addon can help you track your Bars and ur buffs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ourbase View Post
    Hey guys -

Retribution Paladin here, having issue with my parses and not performing as I ought to be (my ilvl parse is even worse). Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong, but not really sure what I can change up. Any help would be appreciated (I cant post links just yet apparently, so please fill in as needed)

Armory: (us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Palybase/simple)
    Logs of Botanist fight as an example: (warcraftlogs.com/reports/f8vzChF4tVKX6Ppq#fight=1&type=damage-done)

Thanks all!
    Hello OurBase just saw your logs
    well you can do better indeed but u need your 4/4 tier
    also don't use prologne use potion of the old war
    you need to pre-pot ( DBM pull ) and then use the second pot
    you didn't use your shield of vengeance not even once i wonder why ? ^^
    your weapon trait is 44 .. well how about you invest some AP to your weapon

Hello OurBase just saw your logs
    well you can do better indeed but u need your 4/4 tier
    also don't use prologne use potion of the old war
    you need to pre-pot ( DBM pull ) and then use the second pot
    you didn't use your shield of vengeance not even once i wonder why ? ^^
    your weapon trait is 44 .. well how about you invest some AP to your weapon
    Hey -

Thanks for taking a look...so aside from gear / using better pots and leveling my weapon traits up, I'm generally speaking doing my rotation correctly (minus SV right now? - I kind of try to save SV for when I'm taking damage, but I guess I should just use it for offense?)? So basically just keep grinding?

Deleted
    Hey guys, here is my armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bringer/simple

I have 4 set and Liadrins and I'm unsure what talents I should be running. I've seen conflicting information all over the place.

Some people say ALWAYS use Zeal with 4 set as you are flowing in HP, some people say NEVER use zeal alongside DH, some people say NEVER take tfoj with bow as there is too much HP and you will overcap and I assume 4 piece and Liadrins will only compound this, some people say just sim yourself!

From my sims (pure single target) I'm getting 3k dps difference between fires/dh, fires/bow and zeal/bow, with the lowest of the 3 being fires/DH. However 3k dps is absolutely nothing, and if fires/dh covers ST and also does the most cleave/aoe should I just be using that for every fight?

I've tried looking at what other paladins are using but it seems so dependant on your legendaries and tier bonus that I can't quite come to a conclusion. Any input would be great, there is a lot of conflicting misinformation out in the retri paladin community at the moment.
    Last edited by mmoc9af21e5c72; 2017-02-21 at 10:56 AM.

Deleted
    My first advice for you is to gear up if you are that 867 ilvl Ret paladin and your percentile is 5-7% !!! i know you're worried about your dps but Retribution paladin is so gear dependent , what you need to do is Farm AP cap your traits get your 4/4 tier p w/o good legendary .
    and you are wasting holy power i hope you have WeakAura addon or TellMeWhen these addon can help you track your Bars and ur buffs

Hey matrlx thabks for ya answer but iam not the 5-7% guy
    iam the 885 ret in the raid with 69 % there was two rets with me at the raid. I have cloak+liadrans fury and 41 traits in weapon. I have DoS 880+socket but it is ine every combo a dps loose for me at raidbots.com Maybe with my armory you can figure my char out (eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/thrall/Nolove/simple
    Last edited by mmoca9c769d222; 2017-02-21 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sthalker View Post
    Hi guys...

I'd like to ask for some advice to my retri pally.
    My nick is Ashanee, and I'm not feeling confortble with my output as dps.
    If u guys could help me with some tips would be great.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/JZGqyQ213nHY4xbK

Ty.
    Can someone please enlighten me here?

Quote Originally Posted by Ourbase View Post
    Hey -

Thanks for taking a look...so aside from gear / using better pots and leveling my weapon traits up, I'm generally speaking doing my rotation correctly (minus SV right now? - I kind of try to save SV for when I'm taking damage, but I guess I should just use it for offense?)? So basically just keep grinding?
    Pop SoV when you know you're going to take damage so it deals the damage back. On botanist you know you're going to take dmg when those orbs get killed, Krosus on Slam, etc.

Hey all just looking for some advise based on logs im seeing myself never getting out of 20% for my ilvl.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/Cr4NkWThKzgcGnXH/

also i currently have 885 claw, kiljaeden's and 890 CoF whats best?

im main spec holy although recently ive been pretty much dpsing full time since we have a fair few healers atm. I know 1 big issue is AP needing farmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I could be doing better dps, but I'm really not sure where I'm going wrong with what I'm doing. Any tips to help me bring my numbers up would be appreciated. Logs from this weeks mythic clear. Character name is the same in the logs as the forums. Much thanks. warcraftlogs.com/reports/Mjh8CF4Tc93gALZP#
    Last edited by Slavka; 2017-02-23 at 10:57 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, just came back to the game after a long break during Wod. Noticed my dps rankings are immeasurably worse than previously. I was hitting 80-90+% in MoP and Wod and now I'm scraping 35-40+. I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong with my rotation to be this low at 880 ilvl with the cloak, (unlock my second legendary trait in 10 hours so I can equip K'J trink).

The current top DPS's in the guild are wondering what happened for me to have bottomed out so much so please could you help me out so that I can get back to where I used to be.

Cheers

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ter/384320/11/

Quote Originally Posted by Sthalker View Post
    Can someone please enlighten me here?
    Hello Sthalker had a quick view to be honest i don't know why your using divine hammer on trilliax Warcraft logs wont Record the mini robots dmg that's for sure
    you used potion of prologned as a pot next time try potion of the old war would be more beneficial (dmg wise) and use it twice pre-pot and pot
    i can't see any record for Shield of vengeance at least you can use it like 4 times
    trinkets: i wonder why you are using 2 usable trinkets either you u use FCM or DoS not both , my advice get CoF trinket and Claw trinket
    Artifact weapon traits is 47 keep on farming AP and cap till 54
    Relics: your weapon ilvl is 909 time to grind higher ilvl and good luck with AW relics

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ishna View Post
    Hey guys, just came back to the game after a long break during Wod. Noticed my dps rankings are immeasurably worse than previously. I was hitting 80-90+% in MoP and Wod and now I'm scraping 35-40+. I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong with my rotation to be this low at 880 ilvl with the cloak, (unlock my second legendary trait in 10 hours so I can equip K'J trink).

The current top DPS's in the guild are wondering what happened for me to have bottomed out so much so please could you help me out so that I can get back to where I used to be.

Cheers

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ter/384320/11/
    Hello Ishna
    let's see the problem why you're doing such dmg
    Dps performance is 48% comparing to your ilvl ( green ) you can do better:
    - Judgment: As an example @2:30 the judgment debuff went off you didn't cast judgment until 2:37 that's a 7 seconds gap between the 2 judgements
    also @1:26 till 1:39 !! (13 seconds gap without judgment debuff).
    My advice track your debuff and buffs by using WeakAura or TellMeWhen this will help you a lot
    - your weapon Trait is 37! that's kinda low mate so Farm Farm Farm Farm AP as much as you can
    you have 2/4 tiers pieces you need to get the 4/4 pieces even LFR version it's a dps boost for sure
    Weapon ilvl is 898 you need higher relics, AW relics is prio but you need to sim first if you got another high ilvl relics
    -Legendary Cloak : i must say 16% haste is too low to maintain your cloak buff ... once you have whisper of the nathrezim your purpose is to grind haste items, your haste should be between 22%-25%-28%
    -potions: don't use potion of prologned try Potion of the old war
    to be honest i don't know why your guild or raid leader worrying about ur dps when they need to worry about gearing you up and you need to step up with your performance by items and AP and tracking your Buffs

7+ Year Old Account
    Dps performance is 48% comparing to your ilvl ( green ) you can do better:
    - Judgment: As an example @2:30 the judgment debuff went off you didn't cast judgment until 2:37 that's a 7 seconds gap between the 2 judgements
    also @1:26 till 1:39 !! (13 seconds gap without judgment debuff).[/U]
    Which fight in particular are you looking at here? The ones I felt like I performed low for my uptime in particular are Krosus and Star Augur (the ones I can focus more on improving my rotation and buff awareness as opposed to getting better at the tactics.

your weapon Trait is 37! that's kinda low mate so Farm Farm Farm Farm AP as much as you can
    you have 2/4 tiers pieces you need to get the 4/4 pieces even LFR version it's a dps boost for sure
    Weapon ilvl is 898 you need higher relics, AW relics is prio but you need to sim first if you got another high ilvl relics
    Yeah only just got my AK maxed this week and I've only been max level for 2 or so, still trying to play catch up here. I've got all the set pieces I can get for now until I have better luck on the helm+pants from the later bosses or until those LFR wings open. With relics I've got the HC AW and N AW from NH and I'm farming HC Xavius for his too, sadly no fire AW ones in NH. No other high ilvl have

-Legendary Cloak : i must say 16% haste is too low to maintain your cloak buff ... once you have whisper of the nathrezim your purpose is to grind haste items, your haste should be between 22%-25%-28%
    I'm not sure where you got 16% from, I'm currently sat at 20-22% dependant on which rings I equip, Stat sheet is here;
    Strength - 30155
    Attack Power - 30155
    Critical Strike - 16.39%
    Haste - 21.73%
    Mastery - 30.43%
    Versatility - 9.37%
    I use old war in the HC runs, just sticking with prolonged power in N atm since the cost difference between them is astronomical (500g and 30g a pot on my server)

Nobodies worrying about it particularly, especially since its improved a lot since my first week back in, its more personal confusion at not hitting near the simmed amounts and the low rankings and a bit of friendly ribbing that I'm getting "too old for this shit".

Thanks for the replies so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishna View Post
    Which fight in particular are you looking at here? The ones I felt like I performed low for my uptime in particular are Krosus and Star Augur (the ones I can focus more on improving my rotation and buff awareness as opposed to getting better at the tactics.

Yeah only just got my AK maxed this week and I've only been max level for 2 or so, still trying to play catch up here. I've got all the set pieces I can get for now until I have better luck on the helm+pants from the later bosses or until those LFR wings open. With relics I've got the HC AW and N AW from NH and I'm farming HC Xavius for his too, sadly no fire AW ones in NH. No other high ilvl have

I'm not sure where you got 16% from, I'm currently sat at 20-22% dependant on which rings I equip, Stat sheet is here;
    Strength - 30155
    Attack Power - 30155
    Critical Strike - 16.39%
    Haste - 21.73%
    Mastery - 30.43%
    Versatility - 9.37%
    I use old war in the HC runs, just sticking with prolonged power in N atm since the cost difference between them is astronomical (500g and 30g a pot on my server)

Nobodies worrying about it particularly, especially since its improved a lot since my first week back in, its more personal confusion at not hitting near the simmed amounts and the low rankings and a bit of friendly ribbing that I'm getting "too old for this shit".

Thanks for the replies so far.
    hello again, well i was looking @ your trilliax's logs
    and i saw these judgment gaps
    about the haste percentile was looking at your armory awkward! maybe i got confused with someone else
    so your Haste - 21.73% it's fine but try to grind more if you can
    and again i told you why you're not close to ur sim amounts ur performance should be better, using some addons or UI would also help

Deleted
    Hello Carstina just had a quick look at your log
    First of all you are on your 45 traits the other Ret is on 54 traits (capped) and 20 ilvl higher weapon
    that's a huge difference don't u think?
    i saw you didn't use any Pot while he used potion of prologne and you used SoV once while he cast it twice

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Matrlx iam not the 867 ret with 5-7 perfomance iam the 885 guy with 69 perfomence maybe you now you can tell me more what iam doing wrong if i pull 150k dps with my ret i would deinstall wow

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=4

Hi swarm!

I have really a Problem to get to decent dps. this is Star Augu Etraeus. In this log it seems, that I miss my flask, but I had one. The whole log of the evening it didnt log my flask, dont know why. Also: I know i miss 7 points in my weapon und I miss the 4th part of my t-set (although I now have 4 pieces, got lucky in another Raid later).

When I compare my dps with similar paladings (compare tool via warcraflogs) I am so way behind, I could cry! It seems I have problems during crusader. I cannot fugure out why so many rets do double the dmg during this time compared to me.

please fix me

/edit: simcraft expects me to do 130k dps more...
    Last edited by Papercut; 2017-02-24 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pushs View Post
    Hey all just looking for some advise based on logs im seeing myself never getting out of 20% for my ilvl.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/Cr4NkWThKzgcGnXH/

also i currently have 885 claw, kiljaeden's and 890 CoF whats best?

im main spec holy although recently ive been pretty much dpsing full time since we have a fair few healers atm. I know 1 big issue is AP needing farmed.

Any1 got any sort of feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by pushs View Post
    Any1 got any sort of feedback?
    I'd run with Claw and the COF. I'm not the best with analyzing logs. One thing I am noticing this is your rotation is kind of inconsistent with Crusade. I like to build up to 3HP pop crusade then TV/DS then WOA. I know others just WOA to get to 5 and pop crusade. I also try to keep my crusade and WOA synced so that I'm using them together so you get to 15 stacks quickly.