Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think they would have made more money if they just focused on making aesthetically pleasing gear and more of it with no stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Yeah my bad. I read that as play 1v1/2v2 TO farm xp via bots lol. I will agree though going up against people who out gear you really sucks in any PvP game, but at least there are options until you catch up and if you get lucky you can always just outplay them ahah.
    Ya but then you have the issue of leveling being slow and acquiring gear even slower. Running into 108's doing the revenge build (Where they get revenge in 1-3 blocks) then getting 1-2shot isn't fun.

Being forced to play vs bots until u can fight said people isn't fun ether. They should just outright remove stats from gear, Gear should only be cosmetic.

Also umm.....fuck the bleed mechanic seriously. All it does is promote cheesy gameplay, get stabbed they run away. I like the concept of the game but there delivery IMO has been piss poor.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya but then you have the issue of leveling being slow and acquiring gear even slower. Running into 108's doing the revenge build (Where they get revenge in 1-3 blocks) then getting 1-2shot isn't fun.

Being forced to play vs bots until u can fight said people isn't fun ether. They should just outright remove stats from gear, Gear should only be cosmetic.

Also umm.....fuck the bleed mechanic seriously. All it does is promote cheesy gameplay, get stabbed they run away. I like the concept of the game but there delivery IMO has been piss poor.

I won't argue with your opinions because...well they're you opinions and totally valid.

Personally, I am having a BLAST with the game. I main the Warden and second the Lawbringer. I just bought the main game and have over 20K Steel in my inventory. I haven't bought but 3 Scavenger Crates and that was last night when I hit Reputation 2 with the Warden. I've done the main storyline and all multiplayer game modes. According to Steam I have 34 Hours played so far.

Regarding the P2W...its totally not. While I've run into people who have gotten their Revenge super fast (and I've also been beaten down by them), I've also beaten them by continuing to pressure or backing off and letting Revenge time out. Its pretty rare to run into these type of guys though, and they do not by any means guarantee a loss. I've only seen 2 people thus far with Gold-Ranked gear, and Purple-Ranked is becoming less rare and more uncommon (maybe 1 every 2 matches). Squaring off against them is just like fighting anyone else. I haven't noticed a big difference. Also, its good to note that there is no gear level or optimization that prevents you from falling down pit, getting set on fire, or getting impaled by spikes.

Gear mainly offers optimization changes, but it doesn't matter at all if you aren't skilled in the game. If you can't consistantly counter Guardbreaks and Parry attacks, then you really need to spend some more time practicing. Those skills will win you more fights than anything. But also knowing your class's combos and mix-ups will take you far too. Farther than just slapping on some gear.

Bleed IS an annoying mechanic, but also consider that those classes are built around having that damage option. One heavy combo with my Warden equals one Grab & Stab combo with a Peacekeeper. My heavy combo can be blocked or parried and their Grab can be Countered. The Nobushi's bleeds can similarly be blocked unless she hits you with that vault kick (which can be dodged) and follows up with the bleed stab...but similarly with the Warden I can Shoulder Bash into a Light combo that does similar damage. I will admit that when I first started playing I got frustrated with these characters and the Bleeds, but after continuing to play and getting advice I learned how to deal with them.

For me my toughest matchups are Conquerer, Warlord, Berserker, and Shugoki. I'm getting better with each, but it does take time and practice.

My only real complaint about the game is the connectivity issues it suffers from. Sessions get dropped WAY too frequently, and the fact that an almost dead opponent can drop and be replaced by a full-health Bot is ridiculous. Similarly, replacing a Bot can be buggy. Two nights ago I came into a 4v4 in progress and started the next round already dead under the terrain. The 3rd round I also started dead. I never got to play at all that match!
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Regarding the P2W...its totally not.
    Me saying its P2W isn't a opinion its fact.

You can unlock all your traits via spending $25. You can get max ilvl via spending RL $$$. That is the very definition of Pay 2 Win. I can ether spend some money and hit max ilvl/unlock traits or grind for many many hours and do it. The current revenge/damage build shows how much stats matter (When they work). A lot of the stats are broken but those two are not. Someone blocking two attacks and then 1 shoting people is a fucken joke.

This has already been tested and proven countless times.

If they removed the ability to buy traits and removed stats from gear then it wouldn't be. But as it stand yes it is in fact pay 2 win.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-02-23 at 02:02 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your gear is based on your Reputation. So you can't go in as a Reputation 0 and pay money and get Gold-Level gear.

I have never seen someone get 1 shot from anything other than a grenade/catapult. Please show me (not be condescending, I really want to know if this is possible).

You mention unlocking Traits...do you mean Talents? If so those all unlock by level 19 which does not take long to unlock, and those are only for variation Talents. If you mean something else by Traits, please let me know because the only other thing would be the cosmetic looks and animations.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Your gear is based on your Reputation. So you can't go in as a Reputation 0 and pay money and get Gold-Level gear.

I have never seen someone get 1 shot from anything other than a grenade/catapult. Please show me (not be condescending, I really want to know if this is possible).

You mention unlocking Traits...do you mean Talents? If so those all unlock by level 19 which does not take long to unlock, and those are only for variation Talents. If you mean something else by Traits, please let me know because the only other thing would be the cosmetic looks and animations.
    No you can't but you can spend money and max out the ilvl you can get in the reputation you are in. So for example Rep 0 can max out around level 50ilvl.

The classes I have seen 1shot people shugoki and I do believe the warden but I can't remember atm. Yes I mean talents and I am talking about spending $25 and you unlock ALL of them across all characters. At Rep 3 is when u can max out to ilvl 108. Like I said and don't take it as me being a smartass but it being p2w isn't a opinion its fact.

Being able to spend RL cash to have a clear advantage over other players is the definition of p2w. Also like I said since matchmaking is 100% broken people can be matched up vs ilvl 108 players even if they don't have a ilvl 108 themselves.

There is also the issue if you do have a ilvl108 character but want to level a new character all you will get matched against is near or max ilvl characters.

If you enjoy the game that's great, there is parts I enjoy. But when it comes to the 4v4 modes yes the game is p2w.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the Barbarian. Really like this game up to now, it's a good way to let the steam out.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Love the Barbarian. Really like this game up to now, it's a good way to let the steam out.
    If there is one thing this game does 100% correct its that lol. I have raged so hard many times playing it.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being able to spend RL cash to have a clear advantage over other players is the definition of p2w.
    That's correct, but skipping leveling process with money is not p2w. It doesn't give any advantage as it's just skipping leveling, i.e. time saver. Some people spend time, others money - the end result is THE SAME. Calling it p2w is just being jelly. The issues with mm are unrelated to p2w at all.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    No you can't but you can spend money and max out the ilvl you can get in the reputation you are in. So for example Rep 0 can max out around level 50ilvl.
    Which is basically just stat adjusting. My Lawbringer has a gear score >10 and has beaten people with Blue/Purple gear regularly. Its seriously not a big of a deal as you're making it. Its not like an MMO's gear level.

The classes I have seen 1shot people shugoki and I do believe the warden but I can't remember atm. Yes I mean talents and I am talking about spending $25 and you unlock ALL of them across all characters. At Rep 3 is when u can max out to ilvl 108. Like I said and don't take it as me being a smartass but it being p2w isn't a opinion its fact.
    Shugoki 1-Shot people via a special move they have that is unrelated to gear. It hurts them if they miss and does damage based on what health they are at. Its a risk/reward move. You can dodge it btw. I have yet to see any other class 1-Shot...hit a lot of times in quick succession when I fail to block? Yes. I feel like the 2nd most damaging move is the Berserker's wind-up overhead attack, but I'm probably wrong.

Being able to spend RL cash to have a clear advantage over other players is the definition of p2w. Also like I said since matchmaking is 100% broken people can be matched up vs ilvl 108 players even if they don't have a ilvl 108 themselves.
    I guess I just don't see it as an advantage. At the loading screen when I see someone with Purple or Gold level gear I go "wow, they've been playing a lot and probably know that class really well. I can't futz around when I see them".

There is also the issue if you do have a ilvl108 character but want to level a new character all you will get matched against is near or max ilvl characters.
    Matchmaking seems to try to pair similarly ranked players together, but if that takes too long it extends the range. But again, its not that big of a deal. I've gotten destroyed by Reputation 0 players and I've beaten Reputation 5 players.

If you enjoy the game that's great, there is parts I enjoy. But when it comes to the 4v4 modes yes the game is p2w.
    I strongly disagree with that statement. The more I play and the better players I face, the more I see this game really puts the importance on player skill over gear/stats. The people I mainly face right now have great reactions to Parries and Guardbreaks, so trying anything but confirmed combos is usually a waste unless I can use it to bait an attack. I've been getting a lot of mileage out of the Area-Attack ability since its so fast and comes out as a surprise.

Done debating if its p2w, Like I said I'm not stating a opinion its in fact p2w.

You can see it if u do any highend fights or hell spend 10mins watching someone stream it.

Like I said I'm done debating it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Done debating if its p2w, Like I said I'm not stating a opinion its in fact p2w.
    Do money give you something that cannot be achieved in game without money?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Do money give you something that cannot be achieved in game without money?
    By ur logic no game is p2w.

There is a difference in being able to achieve something ingame and being able to do it in a realistic time. You can not achieve high ilvl in a realistic time. You can advantage your character extremely fast (Near instant) by spending RL $$$.. That gives you a clear advantage over other plays and falls into the real definition of Pay 2 Win. This is 20mins (Pay2win) vs 20+ Hours of grinding per character.

Once again not a opinion and not debating it.

10+ Year Old Account
    By ur logic no game is p2w.
    What do you mean? There are games that offer something for money that you cannot get in game without money, you know the p2w games.
    There is a difference in being able to achieve something ingame and being able to do it in a realistic time.You can not achieve high ilvl in a realistic time.
    Realistic time is such a subjective term. Let's use, say, game's lifetime. That is from game's launch till total service shutdown.
    Show me some math demonstrating how one is unable to achieve something, by actively playing to achieve that something in THAT amount of time.

You can advantage your character extremely fast (Near instant) by spending RL $$$.. That gives you a clear advantage over other plays and falls into the real definition of Pay 2 Win. This is 20mins (Pay2win) vs 20+ Hours of grinding per character.
    20 hours is your realistic time? Wow.
    There are people who achieved that in the game already without paying. Shocker I know.
    Also SKILL-based game. If top level $ugar daddy in full orange gear beats your sorry blue level 50 ass all you need to do is - git gud!
    Once again not a opinion and not debating it.
    Once again is opinion and debating.

I think the bigger issue here is why the hell are microtransactions that give you stat gear in a 60$ game with a 40$ season pass and no dedicated servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by connection View Post
    I think the bigger issue here is why the hell are microtransactions that give you stat gear in a 60$ game with a 40$ season pass and no dedicated servers.
    I think because of the success of mobile games.

Executives see that there are some people who really want to spend money, and they feel that every game should have an option for those people to spend more money in. Buying random "packs" has been a thing for a long time, and I don't see it going anywhere.

Deleted
    KInd f annoyed by this game. In one way, the actual mechanics of it are pretty fun (even if I am crap at them) but they are wrapped in some really, really terrible things.

Firstly, the lack of dedicated servers is really starting to wind me up, the 'story' is beyond terrible, probably the worst story I have ever seen in a major AAA release and why the hell does everyone keep sheathing their swords (including the ridiculous swish noise that is highly innacurate) when the dont actually carry sheaths...

Peer 2 Peer matchmaking is really stopping me with that $60 price tag. It's a shame, I'm really interested in it.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Peer 2 Peer matchmaking is really stopping me with that $60 price tag. It's a shame, I'm really interested in it.
    Yeah, I don't know why they are still doing P2P. Luckily I haven't had any issues so far, but a completely stupid idea.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Deleted
    Me saying its P2W isn't a opinion its fact.

You can unlock all your traits via spending $25. You can get max ilvl via spending RL $$$. That is the very definition of Pay 2 Win. I can ether spend some money and hit max ilvl/unlock traits or grind for many many hours and do it. The current revenge/damage build shows how much stats matter (When they work). A lot of the stats are broken but those two are not. Someone blocking two attacks and then 1 shoting people is a fucken joke.

This has already been tested and proven countless times.

If they removed the ability to buy traits and removed stats from gear then it wouldn't be. But as it stand yes it is in fact pay 2 win.
    No it's not. Pay 2 win is if i can buy a sword that's not obtainable in the game without having to spend money, which there isn't.
    Can you unlock feats through normal gameplay? Yes.
    You're twisting the term P2W to fit your agenda because you dislike it, stop it.