Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    The ironic thing is that what's in people's pants can be kept completely private. But forcing trans men to use the woman's bathroom will actually result in people who look like men (because they are men) using woman's bathrooms.
    But they wont have a penis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    We had best hire at least 500 DPIs to ensure those going into a restroom for those with dicks actually have them.

Where do I sign up to be a Deputy Pecker Inspector?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Deleted
    Some Women to Men have a penis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvalen View Post
    Hi, long time lurker, first time poster in general OT. Surprise: I'm a transgender man. I was born female and have transitioned to male. I never respond to these threads, but I figured since you decided we're a bunch of unicorns (we're not, we just tend to blend in better than some MTFs, that's transgender women), I'd come fill your day with pretty pastel rainbows.
    Your single anecdotal evidence completely proves that there are just as many girls who mutilate their tits as guys who cut off their dicks and roleplay the opposite gender.

Deleted
    Or it could lead to even MORE bullying, as the kids will say "look, that fag just went in the girls bathroom", or "whats wrong, youre not man enough to use the mens room"? The girls will tell them to get the hell out of their room etc... What ever happened to taking care of bullies yourself. Punch them in the face once and they usually let you alone
    I imagine you was a bully

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    Your single anecdotal evidence completely proves that there are just as many girls who mutilate their tits as guys who cut off their dicks and roleplay the opposite gender.
    Do you have anything of value to discuss or are you just randomly hitting keys for noise?

Deleted
    No they won't. But many trans men look externally identical to cis men. As in they'll have male facial features, they'll have beards. Requiring people to use the bathroom that fits their genitalia means that trans men who look very masculine will be forced to use the woman's bathroom. Meanwhile a trans woman who would blend in perfectly in the woman's bathroom would not be allowed. By your logic this person -

Would have to use the woman's bathroom. Whereas this person -

Would have to use the man's bathroom.

So why are you concerned only with the part of people's anatomy that other people aren't going to see? And how do you propose that this be enforced? Mandatory genitalia checks for everyone entering the bathroom?

Or it could lead to even MORE bullying, as the kids will say "look, that fag just went in the girls bathroom", or "whats wrong, youre not man enough to use the mens room"? The girls will tell them to get the hell out of their room etc... What ever happened to taking care of bullies yourself. Punch them in the face once and they usually let you alone
    So the kiddo with long hair and wearing girls clothing and make up is going to be made fun of for using the girl's bathroom?

Wow....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Honestly, I know it will be hard for you to get past the media talking points (but c'mon, you can do it!), but this has nothing to do with transgender bathrooms.

This is a States rights issue.

All Trump did was basically say "the Fed is not handling this, it is up to the State governments to decide."

He is right.

Bathrooms are not a Federal issue.

Plumbing systems are local and individual to each State (and sometimes individual to each town or city). There is no reason the Federal government should have any jurisdiction over them.

It is part of reducing the "bloat" of the Federal government, he is removing the things the federal government has no business being involved in.

Obama did the same thing with marijuana legislation. He left it up to the individual states.
    Human rights is a federal issue. Unless you think mixed race marriages should be left to the state level. And same sex marriages. These are human rights issues and should not have varying laws from state to state.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    why do you think it's rare?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    What, exactly is the 'it's' in this statement? What do you mean and what numbers do you have to support it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    It is not a coincidence, because the whole notion is not true to begin with. ^^
    The DSM-IV (1994) quotes a prevalence of roughly 1 in 30,000 assigned males and 1 in 100,000 assigned females seek sex reassignment surgery in the USA. The most frequently quoted estimate of prevalence is from the Amsterdam Gender Dysphoria Clinic[32] The data, spanning more than four decades in which the clinic has treated roughly 95% of Dutch transsexuals, gives figures of 1:10,000 assigned males and 1:30,000 assigned females. Though no direct studies on the prevalence of GID have been done, a variety of clinical papers published in the past 20 years provide estimates ranging from 1:7,400 to 1:42,000 in assigned males and 1:30,040 to 1:104,000 in assigned females.[1][2][3]

[1] van Kesteren, Paul J. M; Henk Asscheman, Jos A. J Megens, Louis J. G Gooren (1997)."Mortality and morbidity in transsexual subjects treated with cross-sex hormones". J. Clin. Endocrinol. (Blackwell, Oxford, UK) 47 (3): 337–343. doi:10.1046/j.1365-2265.1997.2601068.x. PMID 9373456. via [3]
    [2] http://tgmentalhealth.com/2010/03/31...ransgenderism/ via [3]
    [3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transsexualism#Prevalence

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
    I mean sure, just toss out what the actual transgender person says. It's not like he knows a large number of trans men around the city where he lives, it's not like he's in pretty constant communication with trans communities online or anything. No, he's just some "weirdo" who mutilated himself - you know, so he wouldn't live in absolute misery being mislabeled as a woman for the rest of his life.

Good to know my actual experiences as a trans person don't matter as much as what a cisgender person feels like might happen. Isn't it always the right complaining about people caring to much about "feels?"

LGBT Trumpster Peter Thiel said at the RNC that obsessing over transgender bathrooms was a distraction when there are so many things wrong with the country. Which bathrooms should transgendered people use? "Who cares?!" he exclaimed to loud cheers.

Trump cares. He cares so much about transgender bathrooms that he's going to take away those protections.

Just another piece of bullshit from Thiel that has totally crumbled, like his claim to take Trump seriously but not literally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I know plenty of Liberal Women, some even Lesbians that feel uncomfortable as hell at the prospect of a transitioning Male using the same bathrooms as them.

This isn't really a Right vs Left debate.

let the Virtue-Signalling begin!
    Virtue signaling has probably become the most overused phrase on these forums in the last week or so. And it's almost always used out of place. In order to make the argument that people are virtue signaling, you have to have some sort of evidence that they value the presentation of their beliefs more than the beliefs themselves, or that they believe in something simply because it's widely held to be moral, and not because they have a logical understanding of the position. This is a very niche argument that has no place in the majority of discussions.

You should stop using it.

Deleted
    I mean sure, just toss out what the actual transgender person says. It's not like he knows a large number of trans men around the city where he lives, it's not like he's in pretty constant communication with trans communities online or anything. No, he's just some "weirdo" who mutilated himself - you know, so he wouldn't live in absolute misery being mislabeled as a woman for the rest of his life.

Good to know my actual experiences as a trans person don't matter as much as what a cisgender person feels like might happen. Isn't it always the right complaining about people caring to much about "feels?"
    I know you based your entire life on being a special snowflake, but no, your personal opinion and experience with a few dozen people doesn't mean anything when we have statistics of millions of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    The fact that so many care about which bathroom some use is very sad. Seriously use whatever damn bathroom you want imo.
    i agree keep government out of the damn bathrooms
    mr pickles

10+ Year Old Account
    On topic: segregated bathrooms are archaic. Humans (and our ancestors) have been shitting next to one another, no matter their sex, for millions of years. It's really not a big deal, once you get over the culture shift.

10+ Year Old Account

Unfortunately I think you're wasting your time. There's no convincing some of the folks here, and it's just going to make you very angry trying. There's a reason these threads became outlawed in MMO-C. It's best to just report the thread and move on
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
    Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    I know you based your entire life on being a special snowflake, but no, your personal opinion and experience with a few dozen people doesn't mean anything when we have statistics of millions of people.
    Oh please, there's so much more about me that makes me awesome and unique and special than just being trans - that's a very small part of my identity, but it's still a part of it. It's really unfortunate that you don't feel special and unique yourself that you have to put others down for it. Whoever made you feel that way was wrong.

With that said, I'm taking my leave. In order for someone to change, they have to want to change, and it's clear that those advocating for the removal of my rights have no desire to care about people who aren't like them. Best of luck to you all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Unfortunately I think you're wasting your time. There's no convincing some of the folks here, and it's just going to make you very angry trying. There's a reason these threads became outlawed in MMO-C. It's best to just report the thread and move on
    Definitely noted, and thanks! I'll do that before I log back out of MMO-C. Glad to know these kinds of threads are actually against their rules, too.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    The fact that so many care about which bathroom some use is very sad. Seriously use whatever damn bathroom you want imo.
    Right?

I'd rather someone use the wrong bathroom no matter what the law says than shit themselves in public.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    On topic: segregated bathrooms are archaic. Humans (and our ancestors) have been shitting next to one another, no matter their sex, for millions of years. It's really not a big deal, once you get over the culture shift.
    It's not a cultural shift, it's a cultural degeneration and devolution.
    We could also shit on the streets like in India or Africa. It's no big deal, people did it in the middle ages.

- - - Updated - - -

With that said, I'm taking my leave. In order for someone to change, they have to want to change, and it's clear that those advocating for the removal of my rights have no desire to care about people who aren't like them. Best of luck to you all!
    Enjoy your safe space!

here comes Sessions to wreck the daaaaaay! what a POS, expect this and many other LGBT issues to either be reversed or ignored.