Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well game is boring, too easy, RNG, Titanforged. Sub expires in 67h not even logging.

Also selling acc cos game is dumb 910 frost dk with bis leggy xd jk
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-did-you-unsub <---- bigger topic of the same question pretty much.

Deleted
    I stopped playing because MMOs in general are not really my thing anymore. The grind just doesn't chain me to the game anymore and that's for 2 reasons:
    1. I just did it so often now. I played multiple MMOs and multiple ARPGs/H&S so that the grind just feels tedious, not interesting. When I look at the mainpage with 7.2 increasing artifact knowledge caps and increased trait caps, I don't get excited. I just feel like "Nah, not gonna do that"
    2. Content has changed over the years. It's not really that interesting (in the longterm) to do the same dungeon again and again and again in just a bit more difficult. Grinding items so that you can beat a new dungeon/raid is exciting. Grinding items so that you can beat the same dungeon/raid in +1 is not. At least for me.

Legion is a very good expansion for those who like to grind for the sake of grinding. In vanilla, BC or Wotlk, the grind was a necessity to progress into different parts of the game. Now it is the game.

Deleted
    The RNG will not go away guys! It seems to be the theme of this expansion.

https://i.imgflip.com/1k5l35.jpg

(Yes I am aware how it has always been an integral part of many games and with no RNG few people would play the game, but this is becoming too much)

Deleted
    The main reason for me is called Elysium . Even during WOD i was never even thinking going back and play at a vanilla server. And then came Legion. I had a blast playing for 4 months my main char. When i decided that it's time to lvl up my alts i realised that i can't do the same thing 15 more times. Lvling up my chars ,gearing them up, lving up my prof. Right there , there was a huge wall i could'nt climb. I maxed lvl 1 more alt and that was it. I just lost interest. After Xmass i was only coming online 1 time per week to do the world bosses and that was it. Since i was mainly pvping ...since ever , even that could'nt keep me interested. Love is in air was the last thing that kept my 3 accounts up.....30 chars doing sfk everyday and stiill din't get that damn rocket
    So, 7 more days and my 3 accounts will expire. Not planning to come back . Maybe next patch...who knows.
    Atm i am playing on Elysium pvp server and i am having a blast. Yes vanilla is crude and shitty, but all that seems to vanish when you go to old Orgrimmar or XR and see tons of ppl around you. And yes i missed Barren's chat. And it's there .....in all it's glory.
    After 12 years playing non stop on 3 accounts it's weird that Legion and not WOD killed my interest in Wow. Wasn't expecting that....at all

Cause it's already refreshed, no point refreshing an already refreshed thing.. it'll probably be refreshed again by the time this question is asked again.

Deleted
    jesh and when you think the wod crybaby threads where bad someone comes along and says "hold my beer"...

Because I can play on the PTR for free and there's a legendary vendor
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

tired of the game (played from vanilla), been playing other games (warhammer total war, magic the gathering online), having to attend at a specific time to raid is just too much like having a job that you dont get paid for and pug raiding is very frustrating can be great the odd time but is usually disappointing, was also disapointing to get 5 shit legendaries on my main, not a single dps one (this was kidn of the final straw)

Quitting again (3rd time) maybe for definite this time, but maybe not, game is good there's no doubt about that, maybe i just dont have the time anymore...

Since its paid for 2years ahead with wowgold, go Blizz! Also yes melee should bloody well do more dps than range since uptime issues! YARR!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Termak View Post
    Since its paid for 2years ahead with wowgold, go Blizz! Also yes melee should bloody well do more dps than range since uptime issues! YARR!
    what kind of uptime issues are you talking about? Melee doesnt even have to deal with most of the mechanics in Nighthold + all melee have some time of charge or teleport ability for uptime. Exorsus even said in the finalboss interview that melee has a very easy life right now in NH

Deleted
    I will not unsub.
    But *if* I would, it would be because of how much I dislike RNG in form of titan forged stuff.
    Wish we could get valor points back to get gear and gear upgrades. Yeah I'm sure many would dislike it, as its another thing to grind. But at least it is constant progress like AP is.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Can we atop with these. Or mods make a mega thread? We get a "I quit. Here's why. And my reasons are the 100% reason. Wow sucks" thread every other day. Its this one or. Why did you quit. Or why are you no longer subbed or. Why legion sucks. Etc...

Also horrible list... You list RNG twice. And also that melee is easier. When idk. I've played both. And there is about an equal amount of fights for each that if your melee its much harder.

Also you say why will we not resubb (as in other people not you) then make a list of why you unsubbed... And yes the title speaks but it would be nice if in your actual post you said something like

"I'm just wondering what causes people to unsub. Could you guys give me a list of the thongs that made you quit. Or if your still playing but close to quitting. What your 3 most hated things are?"

Just so this thread has some substance other then "wows shit. Heres my 100% original opinion why"
    Mods condone and protect some of the most hardcore trolls on these boards. I wouldn't bet on them actually doing anything of use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really shame, it took so long to understand how horrible legion is. Glad I'm out of this streamlined and oversimplified plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Why are these thread titles always so confrontational and passive aggressive?
    Because WoW is more addicting than usual video game. When normal people don't enjoy WoW (or any game in fact) anymore, they take a break or just quit without causing drama. But addicts must tell everyone how WoW is shit, threat they will "quit for sure" this time. It makes really hard to discuss game with all this spam, sadly. Legion is even more punishing for addicts, because there is no cap, so you can play it almost endlessly if you have no self control.

And notice how often you hear: "WoW is dead", "it will kill WoW", "subs are droping", "activity levels are lowest ever". There always is something that is killing the game: in WoD 'nothing to do', now 'too much to do'. No matter if AP and legendary is huge problem only for top guilds and rest benefit from it. You can clearly see that addicts are hoping WoW to be over, because they don't have strong will to quit game that they no longer enjoy.

Deleted
    We've honestly had so many threads like this, why did you feel like you had to post a new one?

It's time the mods made a "I cancelled my subscription and this is why." megathread, and I really can't understand how they didn't do so yet. There are 4 moderators dedicated to this forum alone, and several global mods as well.

I mean, 5 threads below this one we have a fucking identical thread with an update 25 minutes before you created this topic, so it was definitely on the 1st page, it was probably even one of the first topics on the page: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-did-you-unsub

If you want to vent pointlessly on a topic that has already been discussed by everyone multiple times in recent history (and the present and the fucking future), start a Wordpress so you can enjoy the 2 visits from you and your clinically depressed mom.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-02-23 at 03:47 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    Do we really need a thread like this every two days?

"This is why Legion is bad"
    "Why did you unsub?"
    "Why will YOU not refresh your subscription?"

The list goes on.

What purpose does it serve to create new threads on the same topic all the time, besides attention whoring?
    I think that is all it is and that people like the OP somehow need to validate their decision to leave by telling everyone else..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Because WoW is more addicting than usual video game. When normal people don't enjoy WoW (or any game in fact) anymore, they take a break or just quit without causing drama. But addicts must tell everyone how WoW is shit, threat they will "quit for sure" this time. It makes really hard to discuss game with all this spam, sadly. Legion is even more punishing for addicts, because there is no cap, so you can play it almost endlessly if you have no self control.

And notice how often you hear: "WoW is dead", "it will kill WoW", "subs are droping", "activity levels are lowest ever". There always is something that is killing the game: in WoD 'nothing to do', now 'too much to do'. No matter if AP and legendary is huge problem only for top guilds and rest benefit from it. You can clearly see that addicts are hoping WoW to be over, because they don't have strong will to quit game that they no longer enjoy.
    This would have to be the main reason for sure, WoW is like any drug, smoking or alcohol it is hard to give up if you have no self control and even worse if they have an addictive personality..

But it is very true those that do have self control can give it up and don't have to make a song and dance about it..

10+ Year Old Account
    what is up with those shitty threads lately, why do you hate this, why do you not want this, why do you not refresh ur subscription jeez get a hobby
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

No one gives a shit.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Whenever I feel the urge to resub, I remind myself than anything I could achieve in the game I could as well buy with $$$ the moment I log in ($$$ = gold, with gold you can buy carry and gear).

Never had any incentive to play games where you can pay to win.

- - - Updated - - -

I only subbed for a month in Legion to witness all the lore that came with it, for the gold I already had.

Will probably do the same for next expansion, but apart from that.... meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.