Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Now guys we don't know what their motivation was. This isn't a hate crime.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Now guys we don't know what their motivation was. This isn't a hate crime.
    Their motivation was propably to rape that woman. That's all. Does it need more specific speculation? Is it really needed to try to match their religion, hair colour or their way to speak? They raped someone, I hope they get shit from it. Simple!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Deleted
    White men do stuff like that as well. So..
    Yeah I feel bad for her, but don't try to say that "OMG EVERYONE FROM IRAQ ARE THAT WAY" because they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkconas View Post
    I agree with with you but given the political climate currently in the world and in the USA I would say this is just another example of xenophobia hiding as post on this forum. You see it a lot on the forum, so the question why not question that one aspect of the post?
    Problem is when people do this shit because of 'culture shock', and they're let go easier because "they don't know any better" they'll keep doing it and get better at not getting detected because of naive idiots excusing them. If they move to another country with different values for whatever reason, it's in their best interest to not blatantly violate it.

The human race is not perfect either way you turn it, but shit like this that cause tremendous harm to a person's life, and further rubs salt in the wounds is not going to help it at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Yeah I feel bad for her, but don't try to say that "OMG EVERYONE FROM IRAQ ARE THAT WAY" because they are not.
    I don't think anyone says that. The prevalence of it in their culture because of their culture is another matter. And their culture should not be armor in their defense either.

Anyone who commits a crime like this, or similar, should face the same consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    Why not give everyone firearms? Not American style assault weapons, but if everyone had at least a pistol for example...
    Because that's stupid and it would not have helped in this case.
    Now aside from the fact that if found guilty they should obviously pay for what they did, the friend should also have paid more attention and when in a bar, you'd hope people working there see when someone gets carried out, same goes for passers-by.
    Or am I wrong in thinking that? I mean, I have not seen many people getting carried around in my city...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Doesn't matter, it is still racial discrimination.

1. The usual racism is against all of them. Don't act like it's only against the bad ones.
    2. Most people from that religion do nothing wrong.

People call them racist dumbfucks not because they are interested in killing any conversation but because those people are in fact racist dumbfucks.
    Well it's not. You could say they are xenophobe (since muslims are outsiders for the western world) or it's just plain religious discrimination.
    Now you might also call it anti-semitism since (oh irony) muslims (some, mainly middle eastern) and jews are semites (race), but in that case I'm sure jews will be quick to jammer and yell that it is somehow not respectufl and (oh irony) anti-semitism and whatnot.
    Now that is ofcourse all semantics.

Oh and as for "not flaming moderators", that's just stupid. You can flame anyone who's a dumbfuck or idiot.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Deleted
    the new normal

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    Eh, old news are old.

Trump stuff is also starting to smell.
    Speaking of old news and "starting to smell".
    Meanwhile in Sweden...;

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/...us-in-4-charts

Swedish newspapers are picking up on the image of our country abroad just now, which means our newspapers are flooded with this topic... something those of us that frequent the Interwebs have known for years now.<.<

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. The worst rapists in my own country are white men. The worst terrorist of Scandinavia to date (knock on wood), is a white far-right sadsack excuse for a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    UN definition..
    ... any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, color, descent, or national or ethnic origin that has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life. (Part 1 of Article 1 of the U.N. International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination)
    race
    color
    descent
    ethnic origin

Where is religion in all of this?

Deleted
    Betting they will be found not guilty because the cis white female christian scum seduced those poor innocent immigrants.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    race
    color
    descent
    ethnic origin

Where is religion in all of this?
    Religion influences society. Religion is fully at blame if that society is considered flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    the new normal
    So... criminals get put to trial for doing a crime is... new?

I'm not sure what the story of this thread is. Do we need a thread for every criminal case now? I've heard about one where a dude god beaten into a pulp by burglars... horrible, I tell you.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

black men do stuff like that as well. As do yellow (?) men, and red men, and men of all shades of brown. And women too. And all possible genders on tumblr's green Earth.

Alas, it is plain to see that what makes this case stand out is that it comes on the tail of a migratory wave from a handful of countries that include the country of origin of these fine gentlemen. That, the fact that there were so many men in a gang rape in a country that is not known to have many gang rapes (unlike, say, South Africa, where such a story would be too commonplace to be of notice), that they were all relatives of each other and that there seems to have been some premeditation - confessed to by one or more of them, according to the article.

I'm surprised the article states they cannot be deported after serving a possible sentence (maybe it was a typo?), but let's see what comes out of the trial; it wouldn't be the first time something looks like an open and shut case and turns out to have been something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post

Religion influences society. Religion is fully at blame if that society is considered flawed.
    It was about discrimination against religion being racism. Wich it is not.

Deleted
    Why not give everyone firearms? Not American style assault weapons, but if everyone had at least a pistol for example...
    Like people said, because the majority doesn't want that. Including me. Personally, I feel much safer in a society where guns are the exception, not something everyone carries around. While they maybe could prevent a few crimes from happening, it is likely that it would overall increase the number of violent and/or dangerous incidents.

Also, chances are it wouldn't have helped in this specific situation whatsoever.

Deleted
    Hang them.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They grabbed cultural enrichment by the pussy.

Austria makes Glocks if I'm not mistaken so if they can arm 'Murica they can probably arm themselves

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how people get infracted for saying something against these islamic culture. But we all know they are fucked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?