Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/22/u...ts-rights.html

Like I said earlier, the only people obsessed with the "boutique" issue of transgender bathrooms are Trump and the GOP, obsessed with taking them away.

And this is yet another broken promise from the totally phony lying Trump who once said: "Thank you to the LGBT community! I will fight for you while Hillary brings in more people that will threaten your freedoms and beliefs."

LOL. Enjoy being conned.
    So the presumed right of a few outweigh the actual rights of the many? Being trans gendered is a mental issue and has been proven so for many years. I shouldn't have to worry that my 11 year old daughter may have to use the same public restroom as a 30 year old man who in his head thinks he is a woman.

I personally can care a less what someone thinks they are, who the have sex with, who they marry, or how they dress. I do have an issue with men saying, or thinking, they are a woman and then claiming that as a issue to get some sort of special treatment. And it is special treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    Well, there's DSM-4 which agrees with me. I understand that due to massive lobbying and SJW pressure it was removed from the latest version.
    Also psychology is not science.
    Yeah, because we should use previous editions to diagnose people. It's all some great conspiracy and not a reaction to WPATH collected research or anything.

How droll.

Gender identity is far different from "who you love". It is a mental disorder and should not be normalized in society. Its perfectly fine for people to think they're a different gender, but we don't need to conform to them. I don't want my kids growing up thinking its okay to be something you are genetically not. Nor do i want my daughter in a bathroom and somebody walks in thats a dude. Its not just the trans that will go into the bathroom, its the predators who will decide to put on a wig and costume pretending to be a girl and walk into the bathroom as well.

Trump hates gay people he took away my helipad bathroom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I couldn't care less who uses which restroom and neither should you. Snowflakes in here all afraid of big bad trans people, needing their safe space.
    I guess it's the 99.99% being unique snowflakes now, and not the 0.01% of trans people.
    (according to statistics, roughly 1 in 10000-100000 people are trans)

Oh, but not everyone cares? Okay. Start asking women if they mind if men go into their restrooms. If more than 1 in 100000 woman says it bothers them, then I guess it's not us being "special" after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I couldn't care less who uses which restroom and neither should you. Snowflakes in here all afraid of big bad trans people, needing their safe space.
    Most are probably like me. I dont want my young daughter to use a restroom that some grown ass man. Solely on the fact that he says he thinks he is a woman. Has nothing to do with a safe space for anyone other than a child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighud44 View Post
    So the presumed right of a few outweigh the actual rights of the many? Being trans gendered is a mental issue and has been proven so for many years. I shouldn't have to worry that my 11 year old daughter may have to use the same public restroom as a 30 year old man who in his head thinks he is a woman.
    I'm not sure I see the catastrophe here. Your moral judgements are not self-evident.

I personally can care a less what someone thinks they are, who the have sex with, who they marry, or how they dress. I do have an issue with men saying, or thinking, they are a woman and then claiming that as a issue to get some sort of special treatment. And it is special treatment.
    Sure. So just have nongender bathrooms, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    You expected Trump to protect LGBT people when he picked Pence as VP?
    Well, I don't see the rational inclusion of the "T" in that group in the first place. Lesbian, Gay, and bi are sexual preferences. Transgender has nothing to do with sexual preference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighud44 View Post
    Most are probably like me. I dont want my young daughter to use a restroom that some grown ass man. Solely on the fact that he says he thinks he is a woman. Has nothing to do with a safe space for anyone other than a child.
    Why not? You've stated this twice now without providing reasoning. I have a feeling that your reasoning will be 'it makes me feel funny', which isn't actually solid reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Valstorm Warsong View Post
    I'm afraid you're mistaken, science is on our side. Gender=Sex they're the same, XX chromosome for women, XY for men, learn to science dude. Pretending otherwise is cruel, and encourages a very damaging mental illness.
    No diagnostic manual agrees with you. You being a layman just puts you in a category with anti-vaxxers.

Also Swyer and Klinefelter syndromes.

Deleted
    But that was my exact argument. People here are saying that some trannies (almost) look like women, so they should be allowed into women's bathroom. But if you let them in, then it's a discrimination not to let in the ugly ones. So in the end you will still have guys looking like guys in women's bathroom, you can't have one but not the other.
    Therefore, it's not an acceptable argument that a minority of trannies resemble women since you cannot let only them into women's bathrooms.
    What I'm saying is that like it or not you will always have people who appear non-gender conforming in public bathrooms. But by your logic the people trying to fit into the men's bathroom should have to use the woman's bathroom and vice versa. Stop being a bigot, let people pee where they want. It really doesn't affect you one iota.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacktop Cadence View Post
    Yeah, because we should use previous editions to diagnose people. It's all some great conspiracy and not a reaction to WPATH collected research or anything.

How droll.
    Okay, since you like science so much, how about taking a course in elementary biology then?
    I'd say being born with a penis and having an Y chromosome is quite a bit stronger scientific evidence than some psychologist taking an opinion about whether you're boy or girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, since you like science so much, how about taking a course in elementary biology then?
    I'd say being born with a penis and having an Y chromosome is quite a bit stronger scientific evidence than some psychologist taking an opinion about whether you're boy or girl.
    Very few things in complex biological systems are absolute.

Honestly, the solution is to have both. Have a section of gender-specific restrooms, and then some gender-neutral ones as well.

I see no problem with that, and then no one gets offended.

Let's be honest, it's probably not a good idea to argue what people are comfortable with on the internet, especially when it comes to genitalia. People believe different things, have different views on modesty, whatever.

Just accomodate everyone. If that means leave the mens/womens restrooms in place and you add a new neutral restroom, so be it.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Why not? You've stated this twice now without providing reasoning. I have a feeling that your reasoning will be 'it makes me feel funny', which isn't actually solid reasoning.
    Why aren't MTFs fine with going into men's restrooms? Why do they feel uncomfortable with men being around them?

Well, that's why.

I'd call them mentally diseased perverts even if they didn't go into women's restrooms.
    And from my personal experience (which I understand may not be representative), even if there are FTM trannies they rarely go into men's restroom. They definitely do not use the urinal due to obvious physical reasons.

I also never ever heard of other people being outraged of FTMs going into men's restrooms, yet there are plenty of cases for the MTF version, which is why this debate even exists. Therefore, I assume that it's either more relevant, or that it bothers women more and men care less about it.
    Putting all of this guessing and assuming aside, you put forth that almost all trans are perverts trying to do things to women in the bathroom. You claimed ftm is extremely rare. You then tried to back it up with numbers which only disproved what you tried to claim.

It's time that you admit you are wrong and are making all of this up to justify your disgust of trans people.

Your hatred isn't based on anything other than what you've created in your own mind.

"Ms. DeVos, who has been quietly supportive of gay rights for years, was said to have voiced her concern about the high rates of suicide among transgender students. In one 2016 study by the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, for instance, 30 percent reported a history of at least one suicide attempt."

Clearly bathrooms are reason why are they killing themselves and not the fact that they are mentally ill. I hope they wont take their lives over this but we really need bathroom for every made up gender.

And now you're just ignoring the massive amount of research on trans identity.

Wanna know how many mental health, medical, and pediatrics organizations side with the authenticity of trans identity and transition?

All the major ones. You're trying to logic out a debate that has been held for decades and has organized an almost 40 year old standards of care.

I'm betting you have / had to google WPATH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why aren't MTFs fine with going into men's restrooms? Why do they feel uncomfortable with men being around them?

Well, that's why.
    Again, this argument doesn't work here. I've already stated that I don't care about the transgender issue, and it's just a nice addition. My argument is for the deconstruction of bathroom gender segregation.

If the free energy change was in the opposite direction, I would easily tread on the discomfort of trans individuals. But it turns out that maintaining separate bathrooms is more costly than the alternative.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacktop Cadence View Post
    And now you're just ignoring the massive amount of research on trans identity.
    Wanna know how many mental health, medical, and pediatrics organizations side with the authenticity of trans identity and transition?
    All the major ones. You're trying to logic out a debate that has been held for decades and has organized an almost 40 year old standards of care.
    I'm betting you have / had to google WPATH.
    Even having a constant debate about it rather than concrete proof makes it not an exact science. It is influenced by politics and lobbies.