Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Candlelight vigil held for bull who died after escaping Queens slaughterhouse

They were so moved by this bull, covered in feces fighting for his freedom just like you would and just like I hope I would

Queens is Trump's home town.

http://abc7ny.com/pets/candlelight-v...house/1768356/

JAMAICA, Queens (WABC) --
    There was an unusual candlelight memorial Wednesday night in front of a slaughterhouse in Queens.

They're remembering the bull who escaped certain death Tuesday and took over the streets.

Cops couldn't exactly get him to heel so they shot him with tranquilizers and he died.

The people at the vigil wonder if the bull could have been saved.

"No one deserves cruelty, abuse, torture or murder," a protester said.

The turnout was strong.

"We're here fighting for our brother," another protester said.

The mood was grim.

"Today we're paying respects to a life lost, a beautiful life," a protester said.

Another innocent victim was cut down in the street.

"Who was taken from the inadequacies of the New York City Police Department being able to respond to a situation," a protester said.

They're talking about "Courage." That's the name they've given the several hundred pound bull that escaped from a Jamaica slaughterhouse Tuesday.

Police struggled for hours to contain the animal as it did what bulls do, and run through neighborhoods near the Jamaica train hub.

Cops hit it with multiple tranquilizer darts, but it still trotted for 10 blocks before it collapsed and died.

"Thousands of New Yorkers watched this bull and rooted for his survival," a protester said.

A group calling itself "Vegans of New York" lit candles outside the slaughterhouse where Courage was destined for a certain fate.

They say he was the third bull have escaped from this slaughterhouse in just over a year. They're begging for better training so that similar situations end a little more humanely.

"They were so moved by this bull, covered in feces fighting for his freedom just like you would and just like I hope I would if I was facing the pain and fear and imminent death that he had looming in front of him," a protester said.

"Anybody I think can strongly empathize with somebody, anybody, yearning to be free and to not be oppressed," another protester said.

In Courage they see a kindred spirit who died for their cause.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

OP, any word if his meat is up for sale?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    This is news? Why is it mentioned its Trump's home town?
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2017-02-23 at 04:09 PM.

If those protesters aren't vegan then they are hypocrites.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Posting an image of the bull in question incase anyone cares.

The feels, man. Right up there with Harambe. RIP in pieces. Also I'm having roast for lunch.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    The feels, man. Right up there with Harambe. RIP in pieces. Also I'm having roast for lunch.
    Pretty much my sentiment. At least these types of actions (holding a vigil for an animal, etc) have a benefit: They identify the bat-shit crazies.

I thought this was a satirical story from the article wording. Then I saw the video and groaned.

Do they not know what a slaughterhouse is....? The bull probably died under more humane conditions than it would have in the slaughterhouse.

We truly need to work on improving the conditions that animals raised for human consumption are kept in.

Deleted
    I like meat too much, so I can only pretend I don't know what happens in a slaughterhouse.

Hopefully lab-grown meat will catch on and replace the need for conventional slaughterhouses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Hopefully lab-grown meat will catch on and replace the need for conventional slaughterhouses.
    Yes, after countless protests that it's unhealthy and causes cancer, despite the fact that there will be no scientific evidence that it does. After that passes, we'll get the Fleshitarians (Meatans?) who will refuse to eat synthetic meat out of principle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    They were so moved by this bull, covered in feces fighting for his freedom just like you would and just like I hope I would

Queens is Trump's home town.

http://abc7ny.com/pets/candlelight-v...house/1768356/

JAMAICA, Queens (WABC) --
    There was an unusual candlelight memorial Wednesday night in front of a slaughterhouse in Queens.

They're remembering the bull who escaped certain death Tuesday and took over the streets.

Cops couldn't exactly get him to heel so they shot him with tranquilizers and he died.

The people at the vigil wonder if the bull could have been saved.

"No one deserves cruelty, abuse, torture or murder," a protester said.

The turnout was strong.

"We're here fighting for our brother," another protester said.

The mood was grim.

"Today we're paying respects to a life lost, a beautiful life," a protester said.

Another innocent victim was cut down in the street.

"Who was taken from the inadequacies of the New York City Police Department being able to respond to a situation," a protester said.

They're talking about "Courage." That's the name they've given the several hundred pound bull that escaped from a Jamaica slaughterhouse Tuesday.

Police struggled for hours to contain the animal as it did what bulls do, and run through neighborhoods near the Jamaica train hub.

Cops hit it with multiple tranquilizer darts, but it still trotted for 10 blocks before it collapsed and died.

"Thousands of New Yorkers watched this bull and rooted for his survival," a protester said.

A group calling itself "Vegans of New York" lit candles outside the slaughterhouse where Courage was destined for a certain fate.

They say he was the third bull have escaped from this slaughterhouse in just over a year. They're begging for better training so that similar situations end a little more humanely.

"They were so moved by this bull, covered in feces fighting for his freedom just like you would and just like I hope I would if I was facing the pain and fear and imminent death that he had looming in front of him," a protester said.

"Anybody I think can strongly empathize with somebody, anybody, yearning to be free and to not be oppressed," another protester said.

In Courage they see a kindred spirit who died for their cause.
    Every last one of those people quoted just baffle me.

All I got from this article is that Trump hates cows, and is literally responsible for death of all animals.

Is 'rampaging bull on the loose' not the first thing they teach at the academy? How could they bungle their most basic training? I demand answers!

We'll discuss the issue over burgers, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Texas, this happens a lot yet we keep the cow alive and end up sending it to a sanctuary.

Silly city folk...

Deleted
    I take it all these people are vegans? Otherwise they shouldn't be caring.

Will there be a BBQ to follow?

the Reapers cant come soon enough to destroy us all