H Botanist Help and tips

Hey, I am looking for some help with our botanist progression, since we seem to be struggling. We are running DH/pala tank, 2 hpriests and a rdruid/mw monk (MW monk is core healer, druid can also tank and DH can dps). Is there any good way to do the boss? Seems like we keep getting fetters in the middle of melee and people are getting slaughtered by Call of Night. Do you think we should be 4 healing this? Is it more manageable with less people or more people? Any tip would be appreciated

warcraftlogs.com/reports/97xNP1tQ3G8XzDT2#view=analytical

PS: I can't post links, sorry about that.

How do you get slaughtered by call of the night? So you guys know the mechanics?

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    How do you get slaughtered by call of the night? So you guys know the mechanics?
    I think we are having people either not find a buddy, or stand with another call of night.

Call of the night has to be done correctly or you'll just lose, every time. Make sure everyone is paying attention during phase three, and if you mess up, check the logs and call out the people who are blowing the mechanic. No one should die before phase three.

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    Call of the night has to be done correctly or you'll just lose, every time. Make sure everyone is paying attention during phase three, and if you mess up, check the logs and call out the people who are blowing the mechanic. No one should die before phase three.
    Is there any positioning that would help? Split ranged in certain groups or just have them find a buddy asap?

I don't think your main problem is positioning. I think a lot of people simply don't know how the mechanics in phase 3 work. Spend two minutes explaining it and linking the ability in raid chat, and they should be able to figure out what to do.

But anyway, try having your ranged and healers spread out along the edge of the glass floor, with the boss tanked as close to the middle as possible. That should prevent weird adds while making it easy to find people to hug with the debuff.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Have people with call of night stand further out with others so they dont have to also deal with other stuff too much but both night people cant be close to each other too.Also just need aware of lashers and killing orbs at the right time. Cant have people tunneling or panic in P3. So you say lashers are in melee cos someone didnt run away quick enough? Also people need to clear spores cos those can hurt if people run in to many
    Last edited by xcess; 2017-02-22 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Have people with call of night stand further out with others so they dont have to also deal with other stuff too much but both night people cant be close to each other too.Also just need aware of lashers and killing orbs at the right time. Cant have people tunneling or panic in P3. So you say lashers are in melee cos someone didnt run away quick enough? Also people need to clear spores cos those can hurt if people run in to many
    What do we do when Call of Night targets get fetters? I dispel fetters after 2 spheres are cleared

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    What do we do when Call of Night targets get fetters? I dispel fetters after 2 spheres are cleared

MM hunters are excellent for lashers, fast target switching and high burst, have them save their cds for lashers the whole fight. Have people drop an aoe stun or slow for every lasher pack, helps burst them down quicker and keeps them under control so the fight is less hectic.

We keep our Single Target dps on the boss the whole fight (rogue, locks and spriest)

Phase 3 people just need to be aware and not panic, there is a lot of stuff going on and sometimes people get overwhelmed and will stop doing mechanics let alone do a new mechanic.
    To help make things less hectic, have immune classes clear the spores (like on cenarius), the spores themselves dont do much damage but removing them makes the fight easier for some people

And people just gotta understand if you got purple lightning bolts flying out of your body, go stand to someone who doesnt...ez

good luck
    Last edited by Absoul; 2017-02-24 at 05:44 AM.

Downed it with 3 RDPS, just needed people to focus on mechs over dpsing the boss and not dying to p1, p2. thanks for the tips guys