Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Anyone else disappointed that political discussions occur so frequently, when usually after an election things calm down and people go back to doing what they do? I'm finding it frustrating that I can't listen to talk radio or news networks when I'm blasted with Trump this, trump that... It's too much. It's almost as if the same level of political reporting is happening now as it does before an election.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    This isn't exactly practical, your kid goes to school alone, you can't stand next to them all the time. It's not just men in wigs, I would be worried about other kids too.
    Kids can bully and shame each other. I don't want to expose my kid to some pranks where some other kids can pretend to be another gender just to go into the other restroom and harass people as a joke.

Hell, even I remember asshole kids from my old elementary and middle school classrooms who would have definitely gone into the girls restroom just for the heck of it if the law allowed them to.
    I think you're really stretching here. In situations where parents aren't present such as school, kids are generally at very low risk of harm, and this risk of harm wouldn't be increased by having non-segregated bathrooms.

Bullying and shaming happens, yes, I was a victim of it. But again, this isn't contingent on bathroom segregation. Secondly, you still seem to think that I'm arguing for trans people to be able to use whichever bathroom they choose. As I've stated many times, my argument is in favor of non-segregated bathrooms. In this case, there would be no pranks such as the one you suggested, since there would be no 'other' bathroom. But I want to note that, even if none of what I said is true, the pranks you mentioned are not noteworthy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    So if you're HIV+ you can't marry in America ?
    That was my mistake. A blood test is required, with AIDs just being a part of it. The purpose isn't to prevent marriage but ensure that if there's an issue, the partner knows about it.

Premarital blood tests check for venereal disease or rubella. The tests may also disclose the presence of genetic disorders such as sickle-cell anemia or Tay-Sachs disease. You will not be tested for HIV, but in some states, the person who tests you will provide you with information about HIV and AIDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Correct, I think Facists and Nazi's should be fought tooth and claw wherever they rear their heads.

You can call me an alarmist if that justifies something for you. It makes no difference to me.
    Too bad no one can actually properly define Nazi. It's used like the word hater and means just as much.

So, we can jot you down for "approves random violence".

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Correct, I think Fascists and Nazi's should be fought tooth and claw wherever they rear their heads.

You can call me an alarmist if that justifies something for you. It makes no difference to me.
    I would be curious how you define fascist as that is a tricky word to get a lock on. Academics have been trying for decades now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    First he takes away transgender people rights.
    Then he takes away gay peoples rights.
    Then he takes away immigrants rights.
    Then he takes away woman rights.
    Then he takes away the right to vote.
    Then he takes away the right for free speech.

And at the end he takes away the right of free will.
    No rights were taken away. Merely extra privileges revoked. Now trans people have to use their own gender's restroom, just like every other person.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Anyone else disappointed that political discussions occur so frequently, when usually after an election things calm down and people go back to doing what they do? I'm finding it frustrating that I can't listen to talk radio or news networks when I'm blasted with Trump this, trump that... It's too much. It's almost as if the same level of political reporting is happening now as it does before an election.
    Talking about Trump makes money off of people that desperately need to talk about Trump 24/7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Perhaps that is because we have one of the worst presidents in decades at themoment, and the majority of the country is completely divided on it. Not just small groups, but the country as a whole.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    The long time and investment neccesary to upgrade bathrooms to stay out of trouble with people looking for something to strife (maybe sue)? The flow, size and design of most bathrooms are predicated on one gender using it and men's bathrooms are the perfect show of that.

But hey. It's not like a massive bathroom redesign to satisfy a literal fraction of a fraction of the community is a hard sale.
    You don't have to redesign all bathrooms immediately. We're not discussing logistics right now; we're discussing the direction in which culture should move. Bathrooms that are being planned could be planned such that they are designed to be used by both sexes. But then, either sex can already functionally use either bathroom, so this is largely a null point/a point of optimization.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I would be curious how you define fascist as that is a tricky word to get a lock on. Academics have been trying for decades now.
    Just replace fascist with hater and see if it works. That's more than likely how they decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    You're not using that word correctly.

Not denying you're lying though? Got it.

Deleted
    No rights were taken away. Merely extra privileges revoked. Now trans people have to use their own gender's restroom, just like every other person.
    Free speech also is a privillege, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are a biologist, then why don't you give us some proof from biology? Maybe because it's not even real?
    Instead you have to cling to psychological debates going on even today, heavily biased by politics and LGBT lobbies as the only support for the existence of a gender other than what you're born with. Oh, and your feelings for your friends.
    Proof of what? You realize I haven't made any arguments regarding the legitimacy of transgender issues, right? No of course you don't. You'd rather hide in your ideology than actually read what your perceived opponents are writing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karfal View Post
    Are you serious right now? In California the state pays for CHILDREN to get sex change as low as 13 years old last I saw. On top of that they don't have to notify the parents what is happened if they choose not to cause it's patient physician.

If someone wants to mutilate their body it SHOULD NOT BE KIDS. 18 years minimum maybe even 21
    Where did you even hear that? Whoever told you that is lying to you, because California doesn't pay for SRS outside of prisoners and there is no surgeon in the US that'd preform SRS on still developing genitals, well maybe if you paid them enough for them to be okay with the criminal charges and losing their license.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    Honestly, the solution is to have both. Have a section of gender-specific restrooms, and then some gender-neutral ones as well.

Just accomodate everyone. If that means leave the mens/womens restrooms in place and you add a new neutral restroom, so be it.
    Sure, just as soon as building, remodeling, or expanding bathrooms is free

10+ Year Old Account
    Recognize that gender and sex are two different concepts. By definition, trans people would not be using their own gender's bathrooms under this legislation. They would be using their own sex's bathroom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Sure, just as soon as building, remodeling, or expanding bathrooms is free
    Just build the new ones like this.

Or just go ham and make it all gender neutral. That would be my preferred solution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Perhaps that is because we have one of the worst presidents in decades at themoment, and the majority of the country is completely divided on it. Not just small groups, but the country as a whole.
    Trump did not divide the country. You can thank the democrats for that, their entire campaign in the last year was based on claiming that Trump is literally Hitler, since no one could bring up any sensible argument of why Hillary would be a good president to campaign that way instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    You don't have to redesign all bathrooms immediately. We're not discussing logistics right now; we're discussing the direction in which culture should move. Bathrooms that are being planned could be planned such that they are designed to be used by both sexes. But then, either sex can already functionally use either bathroom, so this is largely a null point/a point of optimization.
    Me? I'm unfortunately harsh. If you can't pass, don't expect to not stand out. People shouldn't be bullied and I'm fine with people using the bathroom they want if it's about using the bathroom and not being an agitator. (Not a fan of you, transpeople that take pictures of themselves in the bathroom.) But if you can't pass for the opposite gender, expect people to go "wat".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Recognize that gender and sex are two different concepts. By definition, trans people would not be using their own gender's bathrooms under this legislation. They would be using their own sex's bathroom.
    Only in fantasy land. Otherwise they are equivalent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Me? I'm unfortunately harsh. If you can't pass, don't expect to not stand out. People shouldn't be bullied and I'm fine with people using the bathroom they want if it's about using the bathroom and not being an agitator. (Not a fan of you, transpeople that take pictures of themselves in the bathroom.) But if you can't pass for the opposite gender, expect people to go "wat".
    People can balk all they want. I don't think there's an expectation for people to pretend that weirdos are normal. But that's not the same thing as restricting degrees of freedom.