Page 38 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    its based on what the guy who reviews Ryzen for computerbase.de says

https://www.computerbase.de/forum/sh...1#post19805651

and I trust computerbase.de a lot

also lines up with Linus saying XFR boosts by ~100 Mhz

4.5-4.6 would be amazing for 8c, but I expect it wont go past 4.2-4.3 on air, maybe a bit higher on water
    As much as I can understand German when it's spoken to me I honestly suck at reading it.

For me, as I see it, it's conjecture saying upon what's seen as the voltage but if you can properly (not Google) translate it... be my guest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    "R7 at launch, R5 and R3 coming later.

Ryzen 7 1800X: 8C/16T, 3.6 GHz base, 4.0 GHz turbo, 95W, $499
    Ryzen 7 1700X: 8C/16T, 3.4 GHz base, 3.8 GHz turbo, 95W, $399
    Ryzen 7 1700: 8C/16T, 3.0 GHz base, 3.7 GHz turbo, $329

All Ryzen chips are overclockable... so that R7 1700 with a 500mhz OC will perform at the 1800x level ( assuming you get a cpu that can cope with that OC )."
    I imagine the 1600 or 1600x will be what most gamers go with.

truthfully BW-E is pretty crap, clocks awfully and 6900K is extremely overpriced, so I am not extremely impressed if Zen has parity with it and smashes it in price/performance .. would not recommend BW-E even if Zen didnt exist

I expect Skylake-X to improve on it in terms of clocks substantially, maybe with better price to .. then we'll see

I would much rather instead of competing with their 8 cores against BW-E that Zen OCed quads and hexas could go toe to toe (or come close) with an OCed 6700K/7700K in games .. now that would be amazing

Assuming I do upgrade, I'll prob go with the 1800x, even if the 1700 can OC or come close to 1800x performance, I'm a lazy simple man and I'd just be happy with out of the box performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently this is supposed to be one of the overclocking tools. You can overclock each individual core...

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    So apparently this is supposed to be one of the overclocking tools. You can overclock each individual core...
    I wish I had something more productive to say but:

Oooooooooooh!

Unfortunately I don't think you have enough control over core affinity to make this hugely worthwhile though?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I wish I had something more productive to say but:

Oooooooooooh!

Unfortunately I don't think you have enough control over core affinity to make this hugely worthwhile though?
    Windows task manager you can set core affinity for processes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Windows task manager you can set core affinity for processes.
    so there isn't really anything that I can go log on and buy from Amazon, Newegg etc or Including the new Ryzen CPU's that would be a great upgrade to my current CPU? sorry if I sound dumb, I'm just clueless when it comes to tech talk.

Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    so there isn't really anything that I can go log on and buy from Amazon, Newegg etc or Including the new Ryzen CPU's that would be a great upgrade to my current CPU? sorry if I sound dumb, I'm just clueless when it comes to tech talk.
    Nope, not really. There just have not been any large improvements in CPUs for the past several years. Just really tiny little improvements. Ryzan is a huge leap for AMD, but it's still really just putting them on par with intels performance, not way ahead or anything. If you had a 3-4 year old AMD CPU, it might be worth upgrading, but since you already have intel, no real reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    If you have a Sandy Bridge 2500k or higher, then in my opinion the only reason to upgrade is if you want more cores or have a need for more cores.

Or M.2/U.2 and USB 3.1/C

If you have a Sandy Bridge 2500k or higher, then in my opinion the only reason to upgrade is if you want more cores or have a need for more cores.
    If your current processor is among the AMD FX series I would upgrade to the 6 core as soon as they are available. If I had any current Intel processor, I wouldn't waste the money, there is no real improvement.

someone was saying earlier that 7700K dont hit 5.0 GHz

https://siliconlottery.com/collectio...ducts/7700k50g
    As of 2/22/17, the top 59% of tested 7700Ks were able to hit 5.0GHz or greater.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    someone was saying earlier that 7700K dont hit 5.0 GHz

https://siliconlottery.com/collectio...ducts/7700k50g
    Most of Kaby Lake processors are not able to operate on those freqs with a safe voltage. If you want to argue: about 1/4 of Skylake skews I tested (which is around 30-40) were able to hit 5 Ghz, but I wouldnt risk to advice on going with it on the daily basis. Kaby Lakes have about 300 Mhz bump over Skylakes: most Skylakes can hit 4.5-4.6, most Kaby Lakes hit 4.8-4.9 as a stable overclock.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    You know... overclocking to 5.0 has shown to be extremely bad thermal wise, and at the really unsafe range. Just cause you can do it doesn't mean you should.
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/10968/...ce-champion/11
    They're using a Coolermaster Nepton 140X, so it's not the best on market cooler whatsoever, however it does kind of outline how fast the temperature rises and you can sort of extrapolate by performance delta of the coolers where yours is going to hit.

1.4v for 4.8GHz looks like a subpar sample.
    I think most 5-5.2GHz stable samples use -200...-400MHz AVX offset

I'm really hoping amd can get a win here, bring some balance and most importantly competition back to the CPU market

It's officially on, AMD is back in the race.

http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-1700...ly-benchmarks/

If the 1700x is crushing benchmarks like in multiple and single core, and at this price Intel better be worried. I would be, I'm getting a 1700x as soon as possible.

Anyone else notice the "performance bias" setting in the bios? Apparently it increases cinebench score with whatever trickery is at play, and depending on how much it could falsify AMD's claims of being faster than the 6900k at the press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    So, basically Haswell singlecore performance?
    But with 8 cores at the price of 4. I say it's worth it.
    It may be worth to wait and see what Intel is going to do though.