Honestly, I'm going to chalk up the VC complaint as nonissue.

As john pointed out, neither of their newer consoles came with it at launch either, and honestly I'm not quite sure anyone's going to be rushing out to get a Switch for VC games.

Does it kinda suck? Sure. But if you're not buying the Switch for its launch titles or upcoming titles, why would it having the VC change your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Congratz you barely use the VC do u want a cookie. Doesn't change the fact those who do are getting screwed over and those who want it can't have it since its not there day 1.

Like you said "Man People will complain about anything" that includes your pointless ass post about people complaining.
    They can stick to the Wii U or 3DS, which will probably both have a larger VC selection than the Switch does for a while, and are both cheaper with a larger library than the Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Man people will complain about anything. I rarely use the VC and I would never buy a new console for it, I see it as just a bonus. But if I get a switch it's gonna be for Zelda and maybe Bomberman Nintendo can take as long as they want with the VC.
    -Buying Bomberman.

-Spending full price on a Konami game made by 5 dudes in unity that has microtransactions.

I'm just going to ignore your opinion based on that. People must be desperate to spend their money on some shit games just so they have something to play. Seems like evidence the VC should be there not otherwise. Go and spend $50 on 1-2 Switch while you're at it as well if you're desperate enough to buy a cheap Konami cash in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    As john pointed out, neither of their newer consoles came with it at launch either, and honestly I'm not quite sure anyone's going to be rushing out to get a Switch for VC games.
    Umm the Wii U had VC day 1. It's called Wii mode.

The Switch literally has jack shit interesting on tap outside of Zelda until maybe Snipperclips comes out and later arms. It has no BC, no VC and almost no games. If there was a time to have VC support at launch this was the time.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-02-23 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Umm the Wii U had VC day 1. It's called Wii mode.

The Switch literally has jack shit interesting on tap outside of Zelda until maybe Snipperclips comes out and later arms. It has no BC, no VC and almost no games. If there was a time to have VC support at launch this was the time.
    I'll give you that I forgot about Wii mode, but does that really change anything?

I don't think it's worth pretending that having VC at launch would make the Switch successful, since clearly it didn't help the Wii U either.

Anyone who cares about VC is already gonna have a Wii or Wii U to play it so it doesn't matter if the Switch has it at launch.

Anyone who cares about VC is already gonna have a Wii or Wii U to play it so it doesn't matter if the Switch has it at launch.
    Then maybe they should be playing Zelda on their Wii U to instead of wasting $300 to play it with 10% more pixels.

No VC at launch is a non-issue for me. Will be too busy playing Zelda. Shovel Knight if I'm in the mood for retro sidescrolling action.

Then maybe they should be playing Zelda on their Wii U to instead of wasting $300 to play it with 10% more pixels.
    Maybe they chose to skip the Wii U. I only have access to one due to my sister owning it but if I have a choice (and early reviews are good) I'd rather get the switch.

As long as VC eventually comes onto the Switch, I don't mind too much.
    Portable Metroid Prime with no pointing at the television. The dream.

I mean...yeah.

That would be the best choice for them then.

They can stick to the Wii U or 3DS, which will probably both have a larger VC selection than the Switch does for a while, and are both cheaper with a larger library than the Switch.
    That's such a great Switch selling point.

"Sorry guys no VC yet, Just play on your old system. But remember to spend $300+$60+tax to buy our new system and the one launch game worth getting"

VC could have at lease holded the system over for a bit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

"Sorry guys no VC yet, Just play on your old system. But remember to spend $300+$60+tax to buy our new system and the one launch game worth getting"

There will be plenty of games to play, just because they don't all interest you (they don't all interest me) doesn't mean that no one will enjoy playing them. The VC is not a selling point for the Switch it's just something that's there and its nice that it is but no one is buying a Switch for it.

I think you're completely missing my point.

The VC isn't a reason to buy the Switch. The reasons to buy the Switch would be the Switch exclusive games. No one is going to run out to buy a Switch even if the VC was there at launch, because it would have less than the VC of the 3DS or the Wii U, which chances are, the people who are buying the Switch at launch already have.

It's more of a "that sucks that it's delayed" than an actual reason to cancel a pre-order. There are more important things to criticize about the Switch, like the phone app.

Maybe they chose to skip the Wii U. I only have access to one due to my sister owning it but if I have a choice (and early reviews are good) I'd rather get the switch.
    They chose to skip the Wii U but they're going to be playing VC games on their Wii U?

LOL KAY.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you're completely missing my point.

The VC isn't a reason to buy the Switch. The reasons to buy the Switch would be the Switch exclusive games. No one is going to run out to buy a Switch even if the VC was there at launch, because it would have less than the VC of the 3DS or the Wii U, which chances are, the people who are buying the Switch at launch already have.

It's more of a "that sucks that it's delayed" than an actual reason to cancel a pre-order. There are more important things to criticize about the Switch, like the phone app.
    There are plenty of games out there that never got a VC release on other Nintendo systems that could have been a selling point to have them at launch.

Sort of how Nintendo did a major push with Earthbound for the Wii U in summer 2012.

The blatent lack of a launch lineup is worth criticizing, and VC is part of that. In fact, I care more about games then shit like the phone app which also deserves criticism...

There are plenty of games out there that never got a VC release on other Nintendo systems that could have been a selling point to have them at launch.

Sort of how Nintendo did a major push with Earthbound for the Wii U in summer 2012.

The blatent lack of a launch lineup is worth criticizing, and VC is part of that. In fact, I care more about games then shit like the phone app which also deserves criticism...
    They've done almost nothing with the VC worth noting except Earthbound until now.

I find it highly unlikely that the Switch is going to be when they realize they're sitting on a goldmine.

I agree the launch lineup is worth criticizing, but I think it's the exclusive part of it that should be criticized. If Super Mario Odyssey was so far off, they should have made a 2D Mario for launch at least in my opinion.

2D Mario is pretty irrelevent and out dated at this point unless they make new assets(which they wouldn't). If they're just going to reuse NSMB assets for the 1000th time there is no point in making a new 2D mario game with Mario Maker existing in this world.

or just you know, play it for free on the internet.

may not be "legal" but lets not pretend like anyone who really wants to play nintendo games especially older ones cant, hell theres already a wiiu emulator.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    or just you know, play it for free on the internet.

may not be "legal" but lets not pretend like anyone who really wants to play nintendo games especially older ones cant, hell theres already a wiiu emulator.
    It's called accuracy. Look it up.

Even Dolphin which is good by emulation accuracy standards is still pretty bad compared to official emulations we see from the VC and XB1 BC.

Dudes developing something as a hobby are never going to be able to pull off what a full team of programmers can for a big name corporation.

2D Mario is pretty irrelevent and out dated at this point unless they make new assets(which they wouldn't). If they're just going to reuse NSMB assets for the 1000th time there is no point in making a new 2D mario game with Mario Maker existing in this world.
    Except that Mario Maker still misses quite a bit from the 2D Mario games (Progression, secret endings actually leading to secret stages, actual boss mechanics aside from just 'Another Bowser').

Sure, 2D Marios haven't been the most inventive thing lately, but it doesn't change that they're still usually fun at least, and would certainly do more than just having the VC at launch.

Hell, even if you wanna go the Mario Maker route, they could have ported that over as a launch title.

Hell, even if you wanna go the Mario Maker route, they could have ported that over as a launch title.
    Which they didn't because they lack mental capacity to breath on their own.

The sad truth is MM combined on 3DS/Wii U will probably sell more lifetime units the BOTW will on the Switch. Zelda has and never will be a massive seller, even when it was a launch game on the Wii TP didn't even manage to be a top 5 seller on the Wii(and I'm not counting Wii Sports either).

Zelda is just a core gamer thing, it has never been some huge IP to the masses.

It's called accuracy. Look it up.

Even Dolphin which is good by emulation accuracy standards is still pretty bad compared to official emulations we see from the VC and XB1 BC.

Dudes developing something as a hobby are never going to be able to pull off what a full team of programmers can for a big name corporation.
    im not going to debate that, but outside of hardcore nintendo fans id be willing to bet the majority of people cannot tell or dont care outside of major bugs/graphical glitches.

its just way to easy to pirate and play old nintendo games.

the main advantage of the switch would be taking them on the go and even then only for gamecube and up as anyone with a phone can play anything older than that

- - - Updated - - -

Which they didn't because they lack mental capacity to breath on their own.

The sad truth is MM combined on 3DS/Wii U will probably sell more lifetime units the BOTW will on the Switch. Zelda has and never will be a massive seller, even when it was a launch game on the Wii TP didn't even manage to be a top 5 seller on the Wii(and I'm not counting Wii Sports either).

Zelda is just a core gamer thing, it has never been some huge IP to the masses.
    i feel like zelda could be a major ip if nintendo marketed it more.

i have no idea why every major nintendo ip doesnt have a cartoon on tv or netflix. merch wise tendo has really picked up the ball though, you can get toys of every major tendo ip at any place that sells toys. my local walmart has a ton of nintendo figures from zelda, metroid, animal crossing, splatoon, pokemon, mario donkey kong even pikmin

i guess its because of the shitty shows and movie from the 80s but tendo really needs to market their ip more
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552