Poll: Would you buy a targeted legendary for rl money?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    100% yes. I feel like my mental anguish over the legendary system would have been (and still would be) easily worth $10 to get my bis legendary and call it a day.

5 legendaries and still no bis. Social in my guild gets double bis with their two first freebies. Great system.

I wouldn't buy them and I would straight up quit.

A system where people get an advantage in the game over their real life wealth is not my type of game.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I guess if you want to be obtuse and count the 100 boost.. I mean stuff that actually gives you an edge.
    No, I'm referring to buying gold (sanctioned by Blizzard via tokens) and then purchasing gear on the AH, some of which you'll find to be 900+.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    No, I'm referring to buying gold (sanctioned by Blizzard via tokens) and then purchasing gear on the AH, some of which you'll find to be 900+.
    Ahh got ya, I guess I never thought about it like that. Guess I don't particularly like that aspect of the token.

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Would you buy that other spec legendaries so you can switch specs more freely? Be honest.
    Nope instant quit. Buying items is for fags.

10+ Year Old Account
    We talking 20+ dollars for one or a few dollars? Since we know the latter wouldn't happen...then no...but if it only cost a few dollars I may consider it after a while if I really wanted a bis legendary.

Depends on the price to be honest, if it was under 30 dollars i would no doubt. Forced to reroll or even quit the game because of a RNG shit fiesta is so much more depressing than just paying x dollar. Since legendaries drop frequently 90% of the community wouldnt need to buy because they dont care about higher level of PvE where legendaries acually matter.

All in all I think you should just be able to reforge a unwanted legendary into a random one by collecting 50 of those 940 upgrade legendary quest items.

The day wow becomes a legit Pay to Win game is the day I walk away from my sub.

This game is turning into diablo anyways. Why not? I miss good old days D2 runes ebay shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Azlo View Post
    100% yes. I feel like my mental anguish over the legendary system would have been (and still would be) easily worth $10 to get my bis legendary and call it a day.

5 legendaries and still no bis. Social in my guild gets double bis with their two first freebies. Great system.
    I think it's hilarious you assume a bis legendary would only cost you 10$, if it were to ever happen.

I am against it, period. The game isn't pay to win, and I cannot stand or tolerate that business model. That would be my last day here if it happened.

People can already buy gear with real money since they can token for gold. So all these talks about Pay To Win and not playing if it comes to that, well, it is already here in an acceptable form by Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would buy them to be competitive. I'm talking about the ones they have clearly balanced the classes around.

You know the items everyone is supposed to have... but only those that suck the developers dicks get. Ya I'd pay for those.

Although... I guess I'd have to know how much. Anything more than $5-$10 no.

Side note... anyone saying they'd quit AND currently complains about this system... is ignorant.

You'll spend $15/month chasing after these things whilst bitching the entire time... but you won't pay a nominal fee and be done with it? Fack Yoo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    No, and now with the game literally being 100% free to play (You can now buy everything with WoW Gold...) - why the F would I pay for legendaries?!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would 100% quit. I know it sounds awfully melodramatic, but I would cleanly and without any regrets stop playing the game as soon as it went live. Most companies try to inch as close to pay to win as they can without 'crossing the line', but that MORE than crosses the line in my eyes. It takes the line and smashes it back a few ballparks.

To me, pay to win isn't putting money on the game and suddenly and magically winning the entire game with all the best items, achievement points and mounts. It's getting buying in-game power regardless of whether or not it's obtainable through months of blood, sweat and tears through actually playing the game.

That said, fuck this legendary system in general. I know it's crazily over-discussed, but whoever let D3 devs join the WoW team, please get that guy off the fucking project. You're ruining the game.

I wouldn't and because of the massive amount of luck needed to get a decent legendary. Your idea should never be implemented.

I would support raid gear, mounts, and pvp gear being purchasable with real life money. You can already buy that stuff with in game gold and if someone wants to ruin their own experience. Why stop them?
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Lets not even consider this as a possibility. The second something like this occurs in WoW its an even deader game to me than it already is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've already quit, but if this happened i would log onto my friends account and quit him too.

No, it would be a very very scummy thing to do after all the complaints about the RNG of them. There would be so much outcry.

Deleted
    Yes. I would bought it through WoW token.

Quote Originally Posted by Wohnet View Post
    Yes. I would bought it through WoW token.
    People like you are the reason games are going to shit, just so you know. Companies hear you say dumb shit like this and use it to exploit the fuck out of people.

Game content should only be obtained by in-game means. People are breaching this way too comfortably these days, especially items which actually have an impact and aren't purely cosmetic.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2017-02-24 at 06:38 AM.