Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    If that dps was enough to kill him, he's been nerfed within the last 12hrs.
    Might be about when we lusted too, even if he had 1.5B HP (I don't think it was that high, although, as a healer, I didn't pay much attention) And with a 6:45 minute enrage (After subtracting the minute of 'downtime' when he's in the illusion), enrage timer may be wrong though, I've never hit it in normal/heroic, so had to look it up. 15 players doing 250k boss DPS (3.75M raid DPS) is comfortably enough to down the boss, and that's accounting for 4 DPS being completely AFK and not counting Tank/incidental healer DPS.

But we lusted (as is usually done) after one of the illusion phases, to stack with the orb haste buff. I suppose if we had someone potato-lust on pull, or on bats, or some other foolish thing, it might have dragged the fight out long enough to see enrage.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

I can promise you the issue with Tich are due to the fact no one realizes they get a damage buff during night phase by walking in purple things from bats. 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    Might be about when we lusted too, even if he had 1.5B HP (I don't think it was that high, although, as a healer, I didn't pay much attention) And with a 6:45 minute enrage (After subtracting the minute of 'downtime' when he's in the illusion), enrage timer may be wrong though, I've never hit it in normal/heroic, so had to look it up. 15 players doing 250k boss DPS (3.75M raid DPS) is comfortably enough to down the boss, and that's accounting for 4 DPS being completely AFK and not counting Tank/incidental healer DPS.

But we lusted (as is usually done) after one of the illusion phases, to stack with the orb haste buff. I suppose if we had someone potato-lust on pull, or on bats, or some other foolish thing, it might have dragged the fight out long enough to see enrage.
    we lusted after the first bat phase, when the 30% dmg buff is in.

We had decent dmg and still hit it, really do think they stealth fixed it though, because the dps numbers you were mentioning are significantly lower than the ones we had.

And yeah, I've never had a beserk wipe on normal/heroic either, but lfr is lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    They are really softly tuned and super forgiving, you just had a really bad group.
    Agreed with this, it's basically free loot.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

we lusted after the first bat phase, when the 30% dmg buff is in.

We had decent dmg and still hit it, really do think they stealth fixed it though, because the dps numbers you were mentioning are significantly lower than the ones we had.

And yeah, I've never had a beserk wipe on normal/heroic either, but lfr is lfr.
    The only way to wipe on tich with those numbers you mentioned earlier is to not tank the bloods away from the boss. So you can aoe like a madman and the adds and the boss get healed all the time. Fantastic aoe dps for no real effect. Bloods away from the boss and the boss melts like butter with a hot knife.

So yes the boss needs the same treatment as star augur. Things need to be tanked apart from another. Ignore that and you die.

I did 3rd wing lfr 7 times yesterday and 0 wipes working as intended.

The hardest part of the 3rd wing in LFR was finding the portal to Elisande. I wonder why they moved it from the middle to somewhere else only in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    Tichondrius - 1 wipe because tank died and went afk.
    Krosus - 1 shot, only 1 person died when first part of the bridge got destroyed.
    Elisande - 1 shot with 1 tank.
    Tuning is fine, although it feels like bosses have too much hp and too low damage.
    Sounds like you might have been in my run

I did LFR Wing 3 when it released tuseday.

First time was with my ilvl 880 ret and 2nd was with my DH Tank ilvl 866. We one shotted each boss, with no issues.

Each time I did Krosus tho 3-5 people (Including the other tank when I did it on my DH) would die to the first bridge slam. Wing 3 feels as easy as wing 1.

Edit: Had more trouble with getting to Elisande then anything.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-02-23 at 12:04 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    It is. I did it at 900 item level. Spellbreaker took 6 sets of adds to kill. I did a mil dps. But the mechanics are such a joke you can just stand in them all. Even on my shit geared alt. Bosses need less HP but to do a bit more damage.
    I absolutely agree. I literally fell asleep on Krosus (well I was already laying in bed while playing on my notebook) and obviously died to his slam, just because how boring the fights were. It's just tank and spank on all of those bosses, you can ignore every single mechanic, and they have so much hp it feels literally like you are punching a target dummy.
    And as an anecdote how ridiculously undertuned the raid is and that people don't even give a fuck about other people: They killed Elissandrewith me laying dead at krosus. When I woke up the raid was clear (but unlucky me was not loot eligible for Elissandre). They didn't even kick a dead afk.

Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post
    The only way to wipe on tich with those numbers you mentioned earlier is to not tank the bloods away from the boss. So you can aoe like a madman and the adds and the boss get healed all the time. Fantastic aoe dps for no real effect. Bloods away from the boss and the boss melts like butter with a hot knife.

So yes the boss needs the same treatment as star augur. Things need to be tanked apart from another. Ignore that and you die.
    The adds don't heal the boss, the boss has a vampiric aura around him, meaning any adds near him leech for whatever dmg they do. The boss isn't healed. Even on normal, the strat is to tank adds on the boss, hell just 1hr ago we did that on heroic. It's only add leech.

The hp was just scaled too high, and has been nerfed since.

Deleted
    They are rather easy, but it depends on your luck. I did it yesterday and good god, people don't know how to dps. Tichondrius enraged twice before we kicked a couple dps that couldn't get past 100k. Krosus and Elisande were one-shotted, so yeah, it just depends on how competent your group is.

First time doing the wing the group I was in oneshot everything despite not knowing what the fuck to do.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    WHAT? The tuning on Heroic and Mythic is EXCELLENT, complaining about tuning on anything lower is just hilarious. You're not even attempting the fights with the abilities the fight was designed around, you only get those in Heroic and a few more in Mythic.

LFR/Normal are a joke, always have been and anyone who complains at tuning, needs to either A.) find a guild and push something harder or B.) STFU
    Sure is some harsh words there buddy. But before we discuss this any further, please let me know how old you are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I absolutely agree. I literally fell asleep on Krosus (well I was already laying in bed while playing on my notebook) and obviously died to his slam, just because how boring the fights were. It's just tank and spank on all of those bosses, you can ignore every single mechanic, and they have so much hp it feels literally like you are punching a target dummy.
    And as an anecdote how ridiculously undertuned the raid is and that people don't even give a fuck about other people: They killed Elissandrewith me laying dead at krosus. When I woke up the raid was clear (but unlucky me was not loot eligible for Elissandre). They didn't even kick a dead afk.
    So what you are saying is that you are the type of people who makes LFR a nightmare, because you suck at the game?

The hp pool for Tich is definitely scaled too high, unless changed in the last 12hrs. Fact is you shouldn't need raiders in there to carry the dps so you can hit an enrage.

I had a group of
    x3 600k
    x4 500k
    x6 400k
    The rest under, and we hit beserk at like 10% hp.

It's lfr, it's meant to be a joke. The healthpool is too high.
    Tell them to pick up buffs off bats

I'd say LFR is more or less appropriately tuned for its audience.

Star Augur is a bit too hard, I think Blizz could remove adds' fear in LFR, but other bosses are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    So what you are saying is that you are the type of people who makes LFR a nightmare, because you suck at the game?
    Well, maybe, but I actually had no nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Tell them to pick up buffs off bats
    The dmg was already high >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Sounds like you might have been in my run
    Lets find out Tank in my run left after Tichondrius wipe, qued again with his guildie and got invite to the same group :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saradonin View Post
    Nighthold in general feels poorly tuned for LFR.

Sure, mechanics are very fogiving and some of them barely do any damage, but without several 890+ "boosting" it just for giggles (runes or a chance for legendary) it's just takes forever. Last time I went there, Botanist took 12 minutes, while it takes 5-6 minutes on normal or heroic to get the job done with group being geared appropriately to the difficulty (not overgearing the content).

Don't forget the obvious - it's only LFR - it's not meant for raiders, it's meant for freshly leveled toons, ungeared alts, utmost casuals and people who don't want to raid in general, just want to see how the story goes, thus it should be perfectly doable by those kind of players in timely manner without need for boosts.
    What the man said