Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Developer Q&A - Ion Hazzikostas, Hatching of the Hippogryphs

See the front page for the latest notes.
    Last edited by chaud; 2017-02-23 at 09:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The Balance of Power skins will not be made account wide. They are weapon and character specific cosmetic rewards that reflect your accomplishments on that character. The team is looking at the steps and how much effort is required."

Hey look, I'm gonna do the long and horrible chain quests twelve times ! -_-

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around Ion's reasoning in regards to how Concordance of Legionfall is a good idea.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this all they have left to talk about? The grind?

Deleted
    The system looks at how many legendary items you have that would drop for your spec, so if you switch specs the system will know how many legendary items that work for that spec. If you don't have any for that spec, you will have a higher chance to get one.

hahah troll blizzard. all players have, who have all the crap legs have a higher chance to get there spec specific ones cause they are the only one left. the other players already have them. no need to buff it

It would feel odd to play one spec, switch to another, and have your weapon fully powered.
    No it wouldn't

Hey look, I'm gonna do the long and horrible chain quests twelve times ! -_-
    At least the EN part only takes a single run now. Took me 5 weeks to get 13 of the things, then 4 bosses to get the remaining 17 after the hotfix.

The Balance of Power skins will not be made account wide. They are weapon and character specific cosmetic rewards that reflect your accomplishments on that character. The team is looking at the steps and how much effort is required.
    It would feel odd to play one spec, switch to another, and have your weapon fully powered.
    Blizzard consistently failing to understand their player base.

I'm confused as to why they're deincentivising mythic+.
    They want to make the game less grindy, so they're making everything time-gated grindy instead?
    No longer can you spend the weekend hammering out mythic + with friends to get ap, now you're better off running one high m+ and then what, logging out until raid?

so, the AP grind will be endless now. Welcome to the World of Diablo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthor View Post
    No it wouldn't
    This. It feels really frustrating specially as pure DPS class that might, or might not, get major buffs or nerfs. Like currently im 44 / 34 / 20 traits on weapons.
    I'd rather focus getting that 44 up and up. But what if 7.2. will nerf it to levels of "unplayble for months" and the 20 trait one gets major buffs? Yeah gl switching to it specially after those extra AP talents.

I wouldnt even mind bit longer grind IF it would go to all 3 weapons. Seeing as NH is already "balanced for 35 traits" (or more if mythic)

Continue to fail to understand.
    Idiot blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Continue to fail to understand.
    Idiot blizzard.
    Hey Zanjin, I've never seen you like anything about this game, even on the official forums/story forums. Quick question, why do you still follow this video game?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    This. It feels really frustrating specially as pure DPS class that might, or might not, get major buffs or nerfs. Like currently im 44 / 34 / 20 traits on weapons.
    I'd rather focus getting that 44 up and up. But what if 7.2. will nerf it to levels of "unplayble for months" and the 20 trait one gets major buffs? Yeah gl switching to it specially after those extra AP talents.

I wouldnt even mind bit longer grind IF it would go to all 3 weapons. Seeing as NH is already "balanced for 35 traits" (or more if mythic)
    Considering if you build your weapon a certain way (that is, you forego ALL of the utility talents) you cap out your weapon's nominal base power at around Lv.25 or 26. If you think, other than the flat damage boost, that your weapon is that much weaker it may as well be trash it is BECAUSE you picked up all the utility talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggsworth View Post
    I'm confused as to why they're deincentivising mythic+.
    They want to make the game less grindy, so they're making everything time-gated grindy instead?
    No longer can you spend the weekend hammering out mythic + with friends to get ap, now you're better off running one high m+ and then what, logging out until raid?
    They're trying to save players from themselves because some people can't show restraint in grinding M+ every waking moment and then they complain that they are forced to.

"The Balance of Power skins will not be made account wide. They are weapon and character specific cosmetic rewards that reflect your accomplishments on that character. The team is looking at the steps and how much effort is required."

I get it. No surprise honestly. Another reason why i believe game is no longer for me.
    At least tokens gave me overwatch. Thats something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    They're trying to save players from themselves because some people can't show restraint in grinding M+ every waking moment and then they complain that they are forced to.
    Right, but where does that leave players like myself who actually enjoy m+?
    At the moment is a damn struggle to get people to go to them, and with the "planned" hit to AP coming, it'll be basically impossible.
    It'll just shift from "hey, good affixes this week, let's grind some AP" to "I ran my +__ this week already".
    Gutting content because people complain about "being forced to do it" is just going to make those same people complain that "there's nothing to do outside of raids".
    A good portion of my gametime right now is spent in M+.
    I might be the minority here, but if this change goes live my playtime will drop drastically as a result, and I know, "if you enjoy mythic plus so much, why would you run them less just because you get less rewards?", well it's the same reason I don't power through D3 story mode on t13, can I do it? -- sure, is it a good time value investment? -- hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Hey Zanjin, I've never seen you like anything about this game, even on the official forums/story forums. Quick question, why do you still follow this video game?
    I care about lore.

Why do you care what i think?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggsworth View Post
    Right, but where does that leave players like myself who actually enjoy m+?
    At the moment is a damn struggle to get people to go to them, and with the "planned" hit to AP coming, it'll be basically impossible.
    It'll just shift from "hey, good affixes this week, let's grind some AP" to "I ran my +__ this week already".
    Gutting content because people complain about "being forced to do it" is just going to make those same people complain that "there's nothing to do outside of raids".
    A good portion of my gametime right now is spent in M+.
    I might be the minority here, but if this change goes live my playtime will drop drastically as a result, and I know, "if you enjoy mythic plus so much, why would you run them less just because you get less rewards?", well it's the same reason I don't power through D3 story mode on t13, can I do it? -- sure, is it a good time value investment? -- hell no.
    The way I understood it but I certainly could be wrong is that there will be one very high AP reward that week and then they'll continue to reward AP just not anywhere near the initial reward. Or maybe like One high AP reward per lvl +2, 3, 4 etc. That way people aren't just running 6-9 all day. Higher rewards means going farther.

Edit: nope nevermind listening to it again it does sound like just one big reward from weekly chest. But you can still make AP gains just not as much as before.
    Last edited by Dug; 2017-02-23 at 08:28 PM.

I'm confused about:

The system looks at how many legendary items you have that would drop for your spec, so if you switch specs the system will know how many legendary items that work for that spec. If you don't have any for that spec, you will have a higher chance to get one.
    What about Priaz & Sephuz? If my warrior prot got both of them, when patch 7.2 will hit, will they be considered "all specs got 2 legendaries each", "no spec got a legendary", or "tank spec got 2 legendaries"? And what about cross spec legendaries, like the Execute ring (For both Arms and Fury, but not for Prot as prot doesn't have execute)?