Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Probably about the same amount of Liberals that bailed from the Left to support the Current Republican President.
    You mean the guys hillary called sexist? Yea I doubt they voted for Trump.

This seems vastly more productive then the other "protests" that have gone on.

I don't agree with some of their stances, but as long as the meetings don't devolve into chaos, go ham. Good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Probably about the same amount of Liberals that bailed from the Left to support the Current Republican President.
    So zero? Because I don't think liberals ever supported the left.
    Why they'd prefer a insane man over a liberal-conservative will always remain a mystery to me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    This seems vastly more productive then the other "protests" that have gone on.

I don't agree with some of their stances, but as long as the meetings don't devolve into chaos, go ham. Good idea.
    One of the problems is that the GOP party stance is now to avoid them. Senior leaders are even calling to not show, even citing some ridiculous reasons to do so. The tension is high but there's not exactly riots breaking out. The meetings that have been held have been total disasters with GOP congressman offering nothing but nonanswers, intentionally dodging tough questions, walking off stage when tough questions are asked, or participating in the lowest form of crowd pandering possible which is just pissing people off even more.

Most of the true aggressive crowds that are being shown are actually from AFTER the meeting because of how poorly they're going. Townhall meetings work better when there's actual discussion, debate, and answers. The GOP is backing off from them entirely because many of their stances are not popular, despite being voted back into office, and being put in the spotlight is pretty damaging.

People want answers about the ACA repeal and Trump and instead of answering, they're giving nonanswers, calling people paid protesters when people get angry over said nonanswers, and are now refusing to show up for future ones entirely.

edit: Again noting that the interesting thing here is it's not exactly jobless millenials showing up to these. Most of the townhall events have been televised and it's predominantly working class 40+ year olds and seniors attending and asking the questions. These are people that you would expect to vote GOP and in many cases did vote Trump. Then their reps are calling them paid protesters, wastes of time, and refusing to hold meetings. That's why there's so much anger over them right now.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-02-23 at 10:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

LOL I just saw a video of one guy, I think in Iowa(?) and someone asked him why he approved of Devos and he just said "The president was elected and should get anyone he wants".

Yep, that is an excellent answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I don't recall Republican fanboys going out and smashing up Washington like the Clinton Kids did a month ago.
    I recall plenty of right wing violence over the last......time period for which I have been alive. Calm your tits.

- - - Updated - - -

Where do people find all this time to protest?

Oh right, they don't have Jobs.
    Town Halls are held in the evening dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    It will NOT work for them. They have no conviction or character. The Tea Party was not comprised of a bunch of fucking crybabies that were butt-hurt that they lost an election.

To the compare them to the Tea Party movement is disgusting and denigration of the Tea Party.
    You do know the tea party was being bank rolled by rich people right? That's not a subjective argument, that's a fact. I'd argue this movement is actually STRONGER than the tea party movement BECAUSE they are not being bankrolled by rich people.

Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    You do know the tea party was being bank rolled by rich people right? That's not a subjective argument, that's a fact. I'd argue this movement is actually STRONGER than the tea party movement BECAUSE they are not being bankrolled by rich people.
    A lot of right wing criticism of the left is based on this kind of projection. Its basic human nature honestly. When you're a GOP politician who got into power because of Dick Armey of course widespread popular opposition to you is organized by establishment interests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    You know, Hillary Clinton was bankrolled by rich people. She spent huge amounts of money. So did Jeb Bush. How did that work out for them?

Money only helps when you have conviction and character.

The people "protesting" at town halls only really care about one thing - Obamacare. If a plan is put in place that meets their needs then the town halls will stop.

The Tea Party had a myriad of issues - and they had character and conviction (something the "protestors", and liberals/progressives in general, lack.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    You know, Hillary Clinton was bankrolled by rich people. She spent huge amounts of money. So did Jeb Bush. How did that work out for them?

Money only helps when you have conviction.

The people "protesting" only really care about one thing - Obamacare. If a plan is put in place that meets their needs then the town halls will stop.

The Tea Party had a myriad of issues - and they had character and conviction (something the "protestors", and liberals/progressives in general, lack.)
    fan fiction is weird.

I would be scared also as these thugs roll into town destroying property and physically assaulting people.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    I would be scared also as these thugs roll into town destroying property and physically assaulting people.
    Bet a lot of straight-up g's rolling into Chaffet'z (R-UT) town hall.

I guess I'll just put this here, and ask whether people really have such short memories.

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpo...turned-to-rage

Click that. Read for a moment.

Seems to me this "organized liberal protests" are pretty tame, really.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem with this provided the people who are protesting fall under the constituency of the rep holding the town hall. If they are just sending a group of people around the country to disrupt town hall meetings and deny the constituents the opportunity to interact with their representatives, then lock them up for disorderly conduct

It's funny watching the conservative reaction to this. I remember seeing Koch funded "grass roots" groups being bused around the country years ago, opposing Obamacare and a list of other things.

hope they dont set Berkley on fire again

or replay any of the BLM style protests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    hope they dont set Berkley on fire again

That was Antifa, try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Well the public's invited and Democrats are the public too. I can't see people being disruptive though, I think our elected representatives taking time to talk to us is a good thing, if we keep shouting them down they might never come to talk to us again.
    I'll echo this. It's a two-sided thing. You can't expect to get without giving.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I'll echo this. It's a two-sided thing. You can't expect to get without giving.
    All I hear is "boo hoo my constituents have opinions, what do I do/???"

Really. That's all I hear.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Don't really see the point. Republicans aren't even having town halls anymore because they're too upset by all the protests. Guess the special snowflakes in office need their safe space, they just can't handle being criticized for making hilariously awful decisions.