Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    hope the libertarians that voted for him are upset by this. Me? Not the least bit surprised this happened.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    That has been my thinking for a while. If both sides see why state issues are actually a good thing, maybe both can become more (or actually) libertarian on this issue.
    Unfortunately Trump is not surrounded by enough libertarians. Peter Thiel is the only one I can think of.

Elon Musk also seems reasonable enough in general, but in that case it could be because Tesla and SpaceX could get shafted by an unfriendly government. More so than others industries.
    Last edited by PC2; 2017-02-23 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Oh don't worry, Jeff Sessions just announced that he's going to beef up the private prison support, too. There will be plenty of room for all the new nonviolent drug offenders to do harsh time.

Looks like Jeff Sessions is expecting a big boost to the prison population.
    Private prisons were major campaign donors to Donald Trump's campaign and inauguration now that investment is paying off literally their stocks are jumping from the news.

LOL at Trumpers who still think Trump was self funded and can't be bought.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Unfortunately Trump is not surrounded by enough libertarians. Peter Thiel is the only one I can think of.

Elon Musk also seems reasonable enough in general, but in that case it could be because Tesla and SpaceX could get shafted by an unfriendly government. More so then others industries.
    "Libertarian Trump supporter" is internally inconsistent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    hope the libertarians that voted for him are upset by this. Me? Not the least bit surprised this happened.
    Nothing has actually happened yet.

As a Trump supporter (and a recreational weed supporter) I really don't think they will do anything about commercial weed.

Trump is first and foremost a businessman. When he reviews the actual outcome of legal weed so far - big profits, big taxes collected by the States, none of the crime that was forecast, thousands of new jobs - I think he would be hard pressed to want to try and stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Nothing has actually happened yet.

As a Trump supporter (and a recreational weed supporter) I really don't think they will do anything about commercial weed.

Trump is first and foremost a businessman. When he reviews the actual outcome of legal weed so far - big profits, big taxes collected by the States, none of the crime that was forecast, thousands of new jobs - I think he would be hard pressed to want to try and stop it.
    "Look at the financials" hasn't stopped him on a single policy yet.

I don't even smoke weed. But yea this is a bad idea. How can they not see that.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Why are they going to arrest people that have caused no harm is the real question.

Has Colorado (or other states) caused anyone harm by selling weed recreationally to adults?
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-02-23 at 10:50 PM.

oh Ransath, I hope he takes your weed first.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    "Libertarian Trump supporter" is internally inconsistent.
    But not in the context of the last election choices, Gary Johnson was terrible, similar to Hillary.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Yeah, if they were actually consistent I would not mind.

Trans rights are state issues... but weed is not, apparently.
    Trans have the same rights as anyone else. If they have penises, they use the penis bathroom. If they have vaginas, they use the vagina bathroom.
    We the people should not have to lie about biological facts so that mentally unstable people won't feel bad about themselves.

Totally different issue than state laws that expose people to harmful drugs

SHORT-TERM EFFECTS:

Short-term memory problems
    Severe anxiety, including fear that one is being watched or followed (paranoia)
    Very strange behavior, seeing, hearing or smelling things that aren’t there, not being able to tell imagination from reality (psychosis)
    Panic
    Hallucinations
    Loss of sense of personal identity
    Lowered reaction time
    Increased heart rate (risk of heart attack)
    Increased risk of stroke
    Problems with coordination (impairing safe driving or playing sports)
    Sexual problems (for males)
    Up to seven times more likely to contract sexually transmitted infections
    than non-users (for females)

LONG-TERM EFFECTS
    Decline in IQ (up to 8 points if prolonged use started in adolescent age)
    Poor school performance and higher chance of dropping out
    Impaired thinking and ability to learn and perform complex tasks
    Lower life satisfaction
    Addiction (about 9% of adults and 17% of people who started smoking as teens)
    Potential development of opiate abuse
    Relationship problems, intimate partner violence
    Antisocial behavior including stealing money or lying
    Financial difficulties
    Increased welfare dependence
    Greater chances of being unemployed or not getting good jobs.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Because they think this is a documentary.

and ignore the quote from Nixons aid.
    We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    oh Ransath, I hope he takes your weed first.
    LOL, well he would have to get into my house - and that may be a bit hard. Regardless, I would smoke it all first

Speaking of which.....

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    But not in the context of the last election choices, Gary Johnson was terrible, similar to Hillary.
    Support Trump for whatever reason you like, but any argument for him from a libertarian starting point is intellectually bankrupt.

I can't help but just laugh cause of the timing of this, ma states rights only matters if it is something I want it to matter!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Trans have the same rights as anyone else. If they have penises, they use the penis bathroom. If they have vaginas, they use the vagina bathroom.
    We the people should not have to lie about biological facts so that mentally unstable people won't feel bad about themselves.

Totally different issue than state laws that expose people to harmful drugs

SHORT-TERM EFFECTS:

Short-term memory problems
    Severe anxiety, including fear that one is being watched or followed (paranoia)
    Very strange behavior, seeing, hearing or smelling things that aren’t there, not being able to tell imagination from reality (psychosis)
    Panic
    Hallucinations
    Loss of sense of personal identity
    Lowered reaction time
    Increased heart rate (risk of heart attack)
    Increased risk of stroke
    Problems with coordination (impairing safe driving or playing sports)
    Sexual problems (for males)
    Up to seven times more likely to contract sexually transmitted infections
    than non-users (for females)

LONG-TERM EFFECTS
    Decline in IQ (up to 8 points if prolonged use started in adolescent age)
    Poor school performance and higher chance of dropping out
    Impaired thinking and ability to learn and perform complex tasks
    Lower life satisfaction
    Addiction (about 9% of adults and 17% of people who started smoking as teens)
    Potential development of opiate abuse
    Relationship problems, intimate partner violence
    Antisocial behavior including stealing money or lying
    Financial difficulties
    Increased welfare dependence
    Greater chances of being unemployed or not getting good jobs.

Literally every single thing you listed can be a result of alcoholism, do they need to go after alocohol too?

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    LOL, well he would have to get into my house - and that may be a bit hard. Regardless, I would smoke it all first

Speaking of which.....
    But then you'd be breaking the law and would go to jail! Or are you implying that you'd fight back against law enforcement agents attempting to secure lawful entry into your house to execute a search warrant?

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    And the law prevents both rich and poor from sleeping under bridges.

This argument didn't hold water when it was about gay marriage, don't expect it to now.

Where'd you get your medical degree?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But then you'd be breaking the law and would go to jail! Or are you implying that you'd fight back against law enforcement agents attempting to secure lawful entry into your house to execute a search warrant?
    He would suddenly be a violent criminal defying the peaceful will of the government. Damn violent criminals

I wish there was a way to automatically respond to all posters in a thread via PM to remind them how stupid they sound when in 4 years this will not have happened.

Hypothesis about an off-hand comment's ultimate result on a massive issue? Better take the one sentence as a holy prophecy of things to come.

God I'm tired of all the whining.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis