Thread: Soo... debates?

Deleted

Soo... debates?

Election time is coming up in Holland which means television debates and so on. At a young age i leatned debates are really just discussions about a subject. Where people throw arguments at one another. So Someone explain this to me:

Why is every 'professional debate' a 1 hour long shitthrowingfest of 2 ignorant assholes interrupting each other every 5 seconds? Not listening to one another and not answering questions but instead repeating their election lines ( the same ones you hear in the commercial) over and over again while complete out of context ?

And what does it say about our society that this influences our voting behaviour?
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2017-02-23 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Autocorrect

The debates are like that because politicians long since figured out that slogans and punchlines are more effective than reasoned debate for convincing people to vote for them. It's in their best interest to do a hatchet job on rational debate.

There's a reason we remember lines like: "It's the economy, stupid."
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The debates are like that because politicians long since figured out that slogans and punchlines are more effective than reasoned debate for convincing people to vote for them. It's in their best interest to do a hatchet job on rational debate.

There's a reason we remember lines like: "It's the economy, stupid."
    Thats mostly just the US, I dont really think we have that problem in the Netherlands.

....Aside from Wilders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which guy is Putin supporting? I'd bet all my leaked emails on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Thats mostly just the US, I dont really think we have that problem in the Netherlands.

....Aside from Wilders.
    The U.S. is the only country though?

My bad, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?