Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lplatehealer View Post
    ah yeh thats right. Got goosebumps about that

- - - Updated - - -

also rerolling my army to marines for roboute
    A ton of spoilers in this link about the story that's to come, but yeah it's Papa Smurf.
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/...-for-macragge/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Ah fair one just skimmed the internet abit. Interesting stuff to say the least.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah just skimmed the internet abit before i buy the novel/novels about the fall of cadia, some very interesting stuff, cant wait to read about it.
    The fact that the Eldar appear to have united, both Dark Eldar and regular Eldar, to HELP THE IMPERIUM is just staggering. It would also seem that it's the Eldar that help revive Guilliman. In Fall of Cadia, the Eldar appear and help the beleaguered Imperial forces fleeing the destruction of Cadia and take them into a webway. The Eldar are actually RESCUING humans and TAKING THEM INTO THE WEBWAY! The fact that they're willing to do that is just, mindboggling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    Everyone's saying that Roboute has woken up from his stasis healing thing, but where is that mentioned? I'm interested in reading up about the later story developments but can't find anything on his page on the WH40K wiki site.
    The Gathering Storm, a trilogy of books that have started with The Fall of Cadia, 2nd book is Fracture of Biel-Tan and 3rd book is Rise of the Primarch. Pictures of the new models and some spoilers have been posted by official GW sources.
    If you search for that, you'll get the results, but beware that there are spoilers.

Cadia has fallen. Biel-Tan has fractured, Traitor Legions of Chaos march from the now-growing Eye of Terror as Daemons pour from rents in reality that are tearing open all across the galaxy.

Belisarius Cawl, Archmagos Dominus of the Adeptus Mechanicus, failed in his attempts to save Cadia, and now destruction looms over the home world of a First Founding Chapter.
    In March, the storm comes to Macragge…
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2017-02-23 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    A ton of spoilers in this link about the story that's to come, but yeah it's Papa Smurf.
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/...-for-macragge/

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that the Eldar appear to have united, both Dark Eldar and regular Eldar, to HELP THE IMPERIUM is just staggering. It would also seem that it's the Eldar that help revive Guilliman. In Fall of Cadia, the Eldar appear and help the beleaguered Imperial forces fleeing the destruction of Cadia and take them into a webway. The Eldar are actually RESCUING humans and TAKING THEM INTO THE WEBWAY! The fact that they're willing to do that is just, mindboggling.

- - - Updated - - -

The Gathering Storm, a trilogy of books that have started with The Fall of Cadia, 2nd book is Fracture of Biel-Tan and 3rd book is Rise of the Primarch. Pictures of the new models and some spoilers have been posted by official GW sources.
    If you search for that, you'll get the results, but beware that there are spoilers.

Cadia has fallen. Biel-Tan has fractured, Traitor Legions of Chaos march from the now-growing Eye of Terror as Daemons pour from rents in reality that are tearing open all across the galaxy.

Belisarius Cawl, Archmagos Dominus of the Adeptus Mechanicus, failed in his attempts to save Cadia, and now destruction looms over the home world of a First Founding Chapter.
    In March, the storm comes to Macragge…
    Yeah mindboggling is the right word to use, i cant remember the last time i was this exited about reading something and i never thought the day would come when Eldar and Dark eldar unite/help eachother, you know the galaxy is in a very bad place when they do, maby they realize that this could be the end of it all and that they have to do it to stand a chance. I would never trust a dark eldar after they backstabbed the Tau turning some ambassadors into Grotesque's and then proceed to raid and slaughter their planets after a deal they made. Im sure thats pretty tame compared to other things they have done, not read much about dark eldar just remember that part with the Tau. i just hope we dont get a 40k end times like they did with Fantasy.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-02-23 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally a fan of Alfabusa's If the Emperor Had a Text-to-Speech Device.

If you think you'd like a tongue-in-cheek/abridged approach to WH40K lore and developments, you should check it out.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Yeah mindboggling is the right word to use, i cant remember the last time i was this exited about reading something and i never thought the day would come when Eldar and Dark eldar unite/help eachother, you know the galaxy is in a very bad place when they do, maby they realize that this could be the end of it all and that they have to do it to stand a chance. I would never trust a dark eldar after they backstabbed the Tau turning some ambassadors into Grotesque's and then proceed to raid and slaughter their planets after a deal they made. Im sure thats pretty tame compared to other things they have done, not read much about dark eldar just remember that part with the Tau. i just hope we dont get a 40k end times like they did with Fantasy.
    My fear is that this is a start of some End Times kind of event.
    But they might just be looking to smash together the Dark Eldar and Eldar armies into one, because apparently they get new alliance rules so you can play them together. The reason that the Dark Eldar are in on this is because they're about to create their new God of the Dead, who's meant to be the savior of their souls, quite literally. If Dark Eldar dont need to hide in the webway anymore and be depraved so as not to fall to Slaanesh, they can come out and play again.

The preview for Rowboat had Cypher standing right next to papa smurf in battle formation.

Also remember, Magnus just made his play upon the DA and Wolf Wolves Wolf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    My fear is that this is a start of some End Times kind of event.
    GW flatly said, "no" when asked if TGS is similar to End Time. GW said they just wanted to shake things up a little.

Plus we got a lot of neat things like Magnus, plastic Sisters, the Fallen potentially being revealed to everyone and now GW will start pumping out primarchs. Considering the success of the Forge World Primarchs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    GW flatly said, "no" when asked if TGS is similar to End Time. GW said they just wanted to shake things up a little.

Plus we got a lot of neat things like Magnus, plastic Sisters, the Fallen potentially being revealed to everyone and now GW will start pumping out primarchs. Considering the success of the Forge World Primarchs.
    I'll be disappointed if they don't at least change the name of the setting to Warhammer 41k.

It is actually M42 in the lore already. A lot has happened.

Will probably still be called 40k because it deals with 0.000.40M through 0.999.49M.

Just how 30k isn't just from 0.000.30M to 0.999.30M. The Great Crusade took a while.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-02-24 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It is actually M42 in the lore already. A lot has happened.

Will probably still be called 40k because it deals with 0.000.40M through 0.999.49M.

Just how 30k isn't just from 0.000.30M to 0.999.30M. The Great Crusade took a while.
    I haven't checked any of the dates with this new fluff, but prior to the gathering storm the latest date was in the Eye of Terror campaign book and was 999M41, or 40,999 in our calendar (the 5th edition rule book has the date 995.999.M41 for the launch of the 13th Black Crusade, which is Dec 30th around 4am.) Any fluff released after this date, including the history of the Necrons and Tau, fits in before then on the timeline.

Warhammer 30k is (as far as I can tell) is just what the fans call the Horus Heresy setting, though that entire event took place very early in M31 (30,007 to 30,014 according to most sources) so the 30k moniker fits. The Great Crusade was the two centuries prior and would technically be WH29k.