Ys Origins out on PS4

Reaaaal old news for steam users but gotta recommend this for PS4 owners right now.

It has elements i can compare to lots of other games, Grandia, Nier, Evolution the world of scared device, Ragnarok, Witch and the Hundred Knight, Dark Souls, Tohou and so many other niche but cult series that blends them into this pure dungeon crawling, tower climbing action rpg experience that looks and feels like a PS1 or post Sega collapse japanese indie Dreamcast title in the best way.

Right now its cheap and comes with a dynamic theme and its been on pc for a long time but if you never heard of it holy shit is this worth checking out.

Played through the PC version as Yunica a while back, enjoyed the ever loving shit out of it. Has a fantastic soundtrack too, tons of awesome rock tunes in various parts of the game.

Super, duper recommended for anyone who hasn't played but enjoys ARPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

Right now its cheap and comes with a dynamic theme and its been on pc for a long time but if you never heard of it holy shit is this worth checking out.
    Really being lazy and don't want to boot up my ps4 atm. How much is it? I have slightly heard of the Ys series but never played any.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Really being lazy and don't want to boot up my ps4 atm. How much is it? I have slightly heard of the Ys series but never played any.
    In the uk its 15 brexitbux and comes with a dynamic theme if you get it before march 10th.

In the uk its 15 brexitbux and comes with a dynamic theme if you get it before march 10th.
    LOL.....

So it should be about $20 US then, That isn't bad ill keep a eye on it. Lacking funds atm
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

my favorite game ever. nightmare boss rush is super fucking hard -_-

Ys games that anyone who has a love for difficult games or just the action rpg genre should try out. If you're mostly a console player but have a laptop then I recommend picking up the rest on a Steam sale. They're super easy to run and you can plug in a controller to play with. Personally Ys Seven is my favorite.

Deleted

Talking

Reaaaal old news for steam users but gotta recommend this for PS4 owners right now.
    Thanks for the heads up! I purchased it after seeing this thread.

I had just completed Victor Vran (ty humble bundle) and was looking for some more ARPG fun.

*snip*
    Hello from Twitch dude!

Quote Originally Posted by PromiscuousPelican View Post
    Hello from Twitch dude!
    ? Don't remember ya right off hand

Halfway through and this is damn good fun, bosses scratch the souls style itch and the gameplay feels like Witch and the Hundred Knight tried and failed to be this. Well worth the money.

Deleted
    ? Don't remember ya right off hand
    Haha , I don't blame you.

We just had a chinwag as I watched you do a mount run in Firelands, after I had noticed your stream link on mmochamp. (I lurk a lot as my post count probably shows).

Quote Originally Posted by PromiscuousPelican View Post
    Haha , I don't blame you.

We just had a chinwag as I watched you do a mount run in Firelands, after I had noticed your stream link on mmochamp. (I lurk a lot as my post count probably shows).
    Oh ya that was ages ago lol.

Deleted
    Oh ya that was ages ago lol.
    Lol yeah, several months ago probably. Like I said I lurk a lot, dope_danny made me crawl out of the woodwork with his recommendation.