Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    So stop playing and throwing a tantrum like a cry baby.

You know what happens when I go to buy a car and the dealer wants to try and play me for a fool? I walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    We've been having them on a daily basis since Legion launched 6 months ago, so it's probably an indication that it's not a good game system.
    Or entitled.

Randomness works. There is nothing you can't do without a single, specific piece of gear. Does being unlucky suck? Sure. But it doesn't mean the system is broken. I'd even say that having crappy and unequal legendaries is a worse problem than the system being broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    It's Blizzards game - either play it, or submit feedback through official channels, or gtfo
    Rofl the feedback has been given....and given....and given....and given.....and almost nothing is being done to solve the problems...so yes, people are gtfo, is that really a healthy design philosophy?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Indeed .... but a company isn't considered to be tanking because a small chunk of buyers didn't like the colour of the trim and whinged loudly about it.

The cool thing about people in companies like Blizzard - greed for more will ensure they do what ever is in their power to make the game a success, irrespective of our uneducated opinions on what we like.

In addition to that - one person isn't deciding the future of WoW, not Ion, not anyway. Just because he is the guy being talked to, doesn't mean he is god.
    Define "success". Creating a game which makes a lot of profit is not necessarily the same thing as making a game which is good and enjoyable. All you have to do is look at the predatory business practices of mobile phone games to understand that point.

And while one person isn't deciding the future of WoW, Ion IS in a position to steer the flagship of the company. When someone in a position of authority like that starts pointing fingers at the playerbase it's probably not a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Blizzard is just a used car salesman that sold you a car without a transmission, now he wants you to sell you a service warranty in the form of a shiny new patch while you continue to pay for 6 more months of waiting for you Legendary to drop..

Still don’t get it?

Oldest tricked in the book. Sell a defective product missing key functional parts in its operation and they make the customer continue to pay while waiting for said part to be fixed. They intentional broke classes and put what made them competitive into LEGENDARY drops. Blizzard might as well have removed Fire Blast from Mage’s spellbook and put it in a Ring with a .001% drop rate. Now they are gonna keep you subscribed while they dangle the carrot on a stick. I am positive that is not the only spec or class for that matter feeling the sting.

How long are you going to continue paying for a service that deliberately puts you in the slow lane while others speed past you? Did you really buy their “BAD LUCK PROTECTION GUARANTEE“ when it simply gives you UTILITY/NON-DPS gear? If it hasn’t happened in 6 months why would you pay for the “Premium Service” patch that gives “welfare” legendary gear that still won’t hold a candle to the original?

Geez community wake up. That Q&A with Ion made me wanna puke. Don’t be a chump. If you do just picture this Ion in his true skin laughing all the way to the bank.

Oh dear lord, it's a video game. Try leaving the basement now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Rofl the feedback has been given....and given....and given....and given.....and almost nothing is being done to solve the problems...so yes, people are gtfo, is that really a healthy design philosophy?
    People have been saying this since 2004 and they are still king of the hill. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    This is another solid point. The current WoW team is unbelievably bad about feedback. Either they're simply not getting it(which is difficult to imagine), or they're completely ignoring it. In which case, what's the point of giving feedback?

HA don't worry about that. The heavy dip in subscribers will see to that. I'm just amazed that you are so easily duped.

Please rage more. Leave the caps on longer. But more importantly keep playing 16hrs a day. you will only prove my point. You are not playing a game anymore, you are just an addict who is being played.
    Why are we playing 16 hours a day? What point are we proving? The game and its systems work fine for me. I am not creating expectations that run contrary to the design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm in camp:

I trust a car designer to build a car, not one of millions of drivers.
    ^^^^
    agreed, i trust a car designer, his fellow engineers and designers... i dont trust 10 people who drive cars, who all have completely different opinions and cant fully agree

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    we get 20 trump threads a day, so lets focus on removing trump first, then blizzard can fix the legendary system, fair deal?
    Yes but the difference is the Trump threads are full of people throwing turds at each other from each side with nobody in agreement.

Legendary whine threads have been a lot more one-sided.. I think as the expansion has gone on they have become less one-sided as more people have the legendaries they want and no longer care. I have my best Legendaries, and I am doing very well for myself performance wise, but at the start of the expansion I had fuck all and then I had movement speed boots and I was something like 25% behind those with good legendaries, which was not fixed for a long time.... Yes I was extremely salty, I got 1 of my best Legendaries and suddenly my dps is through the roof, it's like maybe they haven't done such a good job here.

Really the Legendary system is just a bit shit, should have been entirely utility stuff then people wouldn't spend the entire expansion whining that because of random nonsense they get a giant turd instead of the golden ticket that timmy got.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

How long are you going to continue paying for a service that deliberately puts you in the slow lane while others speed past you?
    I've never heard anything more wrong about the legendary drop system than this. Bravo, I guess? What you're saying is that Blizzard either picks some players to quickly give good legendaries, while picking other players to take a long time getting legendaries, and "bad" legendaries at that, or somehow has a 'pay-to-win' system here. Again, you couldn't be more wrong.

Seriously. What you said there is the same thing as playing a tabletop game, with your opponent rolling a die and quite often getting 4, 5 and 6, while you roll the same die and quite often get 1, 2 and 3, then complaining the game is somehow cheating you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    Or entitled.

Randomness works. There is nothing you can't do without a single, specific piece of gear. Does being unlucky suck? Sure. But it doesn't mean the system is broken. I'd even say that having crappy and unequal legendaries is a worse problem than the system being broken.
    I didn't say it was broken I said it was bad. Randomness works too, it's just often cases bad. I hate RNG, having my performance in game dictated by RNG instead of player skill is slightly vommit inducing but we've had to put up with it more and more since MOP especially, with each expansion getting worse.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

It's the same thing every time. We've missed the mark but will strive to fix/change it, but it will come too late to undue the damage. Sorry. Keep playing tho, more to come!
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I've never heard anything more wrong about the legendary drop system than this. Bravo, I guess? What you're saying is that Blizzard either picks some players to quickly give good legendaries, while picking other players to take a long time getting legendaries, and "bad" legendaries at that, or somehow has a 'pay-to-win' system here. Again, you couldn't be more wrong.

Seriously. What you said there is the same thing as playing a tabletop game, with your opponent rolling a die and quite often getting 4, 5 and 6, while you roll the same die and quite often get 1, 2 and 3, then complaining the game is somehow cheating you.
    Just gonna leave this nice tidbit from the Wow website very own feedback general discussion posted 02/17/2017 03:42 PM.

Posted by Sarkasmos
    The legendary system is still trash. I have done 1300 mythic+ in time (https://www.wowprogress.com/characte...idon/Sarkasmos), and over 1500 mythic 5mans, including 0s, according to the armory API. I have done countless battlegrounds, killed many raid bosses, killed world boss every week, done withered scenario, finished the world treasure achievement and much more and still do not have the two legendaries i want. The amount of content i have completed in the 82 days, 20 hours played i have since legion exceeds what the majority of the player base will probably have over legion's entire lifespan, yet somehow this is not viewed as a problem. Hopefully nobody is still trying to peddle the bull!@#$ argument that legendaries don't affect game play, because i can provide a plethora of proof from logs that better legendaries translates to better DPS/HPS/survivability. How is it okay to invest this much time and effort, which as previously stated EXCEEDS what most people will do over the course of 2-3x that amount of time, and still not have the desired results?
    There is 15 pages of people with the same damn complaints. YOUR words mean nothing here.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ^^^^
    agreed, i trust a car designer, his fellow engineers and designers... i dont trust 10 people who drive cars, who all have completely different opinions and cant fully agree
    What about when a car design team goes to 10 veteran race car and test pilots and says "here, drive this and tell us what you think". The the test pilots all come back with the same list of problems, to which the design team responds "It's supposed to work that way", ignores the list, and doesn't actually fix anything?
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-02-24 at 01:06 AM.

You can play/raid with 0 ledgendaries, unless you're in top 0.1% raiding guild. So they are not needed to play, sorry you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    You can play/raid with 0 ledgendaries, unless you're in top 0.1% raiding guild. So they are not needed to play, sorry you're wrong.
    You CAN raid yes but it is insanely frustrating to have so much of your DPS/HPS/Survivability up to this horrible system. Not being able to properly play off specs is pretty retarded too.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    The real problem with wow is the lack of competition. Fingers crossed for chronicles of elyria

This system was simply, not well thought out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

this might shock you but.. you dont need any legendaries to play this game. Not a single one the whole expansion and youll be fine.