Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why is AP considered as content?

I've been finding over and over again the following argument: "Wod: no content, wow is bad. Legion: too much content, wow is bad."

The thing is, the only difference that Legion has is the AP. If the AP doesn't exist, we would just do our weekly +15 and raid, and then we would be done for the week. Do people actually consider just the AP as content? Then I guess blizzard should put infinite Artifact levels just like diablo. That would be infinite content then!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    I've been finding over and over again the following argument: "Wod: no content, wow is bad. Legion: too much content, wow is bad."

The thing is, the only difference that Legion has is the AP. If the AP doesn't exist, we would just do our weekly +15 and raid, and then we would be done for the week. Do people actually consider just the AP as content? Then I guess blizzard should put infinite Artifact levels just like diablo. That would be infinite content then!
    Don't people consider the legendary hunt content?

Since that can literally drop from any content... it has the potential to keep people all over.

Only idiots see it as content. It's the new reputation, same as the old reputation.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

7+ Year Old Account
    people dont consider "AP" content

the consider
    World quests
    M+
    raiding
    the artifact itself

and comparing how wod had "nothing" and legion has "too much" the reason why is

other then logging on for raid, there was nothing you could do to make your charecter stronger

in legion you could play 24/7 if you wanted constantly trying to make your charecter stronger and stronger from M+ and AP grind
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    When people say WoD had no content, the unwritten part of that was, "worth my time, because it isn't rewarding." AP provides a steady avenue of direct power progression, making the content rewarding enough to do as it provides players with a visible power gain or progress toward a power gain. Right now, most of the "Legion is bad" complaints are coming from raiders who had nothing they needed to do except log in and raid throughout WoD, because nothing else in WoD rewarded anything worthwhile. In WoD, people were complaining because nothing rewarded anything worthwhile but raiding Normal+, leading to the feeling that there was nothing to do as the human brain tends to discard things that it views as a waste of time as non-options (for example, if you're bored you could stare at a wall and watch the dust accumulate, but your brain disregards this as a non-option as there are other activities you can undertake).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Who considers AP as content? It's an extension of the XP system.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

by your logic there has never been content outside of Raiding since Vanilla.

It isn't - AP is considered currency, payment, reward etc.

Content is stuff you do, not stuff you get.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose that depends a lot on whether or not you consider progression as content. I don't. I don't know anyone who does. I don't believe that "something to do" necessarily equals content either. You're asking a question that no one else really thinks or cares about.

Legion has stuff to do. You do it in the content. Suit yourself.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

there's a difference between content and rewarding content.

fortunately, this expac has plenty of both.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Slightly more accurately: AP is a reward. I'm not sure what else to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    When people say WoD had no content, the unwritten part of that was, "worth my time, because it isn't rewarding." AP provides a steady avenue of direct power progression, making the content rewarding enough to do as it provides players with a visible power gain or progress toward a power gain. Right now, most of the "Legion is bad" complaints are coming from raiders who had nothing they needed to do except log in and raid throughout WoD, because nothing else in WoD rewarded anything worthwhile. In WoD, people were complaining because nothing rewarded anything worthwhile but raiding Normal+, leading to the feeling that there was nothing to do as the human brain tends to discard things that it views as a waste of time as non-options (for example, if you're bored you could stare at a wall and watch the dust accumulate, but your brain disregards this as a non-option as there are other activities you can undertake).
    Wod was considered content poor because there legit was no content. As someone who skipped HM, but began raiding on BRF and then Finished Mythic HFC. The xpack had 2 content patches since launch. BRF and HFC and then tannan to help gearing up for HFC, with a small quest line. the old content you got at the start was consumed within the first few months. The problem wasn't that it wasn't rewarding. Just there legit wasn\t anything to do.

In Legion its the same, there isn't much content to do really, its all the same. Just now it rewards stuff. doesn't make it any exciting or fresh content.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    AP is a reward for completing content, not actual content itself.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    The people who incessantly whine about AP and artifacts.

In keeping with the motto: "It's only content if I feel like doing it."

The whole point of discussion if something can or should be classified as "content" and the definition of it is nonsensical and silly.
    If you're having fun, great, if you aren't: well then.

Then I guess blizzard should put infinite Artifact levels just like diablo. That would be infinite content then!
    Yes pretty much exactly that. Grinding the same shit all day equals infinite content for the masses.

AP isn't content, it's reward.

I already do about 1 mythic per week and then just raid, not really seeing the problem.

It's only "content" if you want it to be. If you are obsessing over it, constantly running mythic dungeons to get more AP, IT IS CONTENT.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Warlords actually had a content shortage just compare it to Mop.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-02-24 at 06:28 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Its a reward system that keeps all content relevant.
    In past expansions, once you hit max level there is very little incentive to do dungeons or raids once you reach a certain point. Basically, content became pointless as very fast, leading to a shit experience for anyone not ahead of the curve due to nobody showing any interest in helping out new players since there really wasnt any incentive for them to help.

Its not content on its own, but rather its incentive to try out all facets of content on offer.

The reward system isnt a grind if you choose not to grind it out, its not like laughing skull rep where literally the only way to get it is to run in circles killing the same mobs over and over, AP rewards are tied to pretty much all content, you gain it passively, its not blizzards fault if you choose to run maw of souls over and over and over till your brain bleeds.

The thing is, those AP rewards arent really all that much of an increase, hes, .5% is still something that classes will bitch about in dps stack ranks, sure, but it isnt something worth destroying your enjoyment of the game over!

If you dont enjoy chain Maws, then dont, if your guild kicks you for not forcing yourself to play the game in a way that you dont enjoy, find a new guild.

People treat wow like its something they have to play, its a game designed for enjoyment, if your not enjoying yourself you are playing it wrong.