Page 22 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    "
    It is MEANT to take all expansion long to finish.
    Wow, you fanboys keep repeating this as if it's some sort of excuse. It's not an excuse. It's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Artifact knowledge 26-40
    That you constantly mention ak is kinda hilarious. AK doesn't change anything about the efficiency of mythic in comparison to other content which was the point of the proposal - make doing additional content less appealing by increasing it to a serious level. The patchnotes don't mention much specific aside from those sad 2 million bandaid from the chest and basically nothing about raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    3/10 HC
    raid mythic
    I really don't even.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2017-02-24 at 06:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, blaming the customer. Why do you idiots play Blizzard games again? Is the shit sandwich that tasty?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Classic blizzard right there, blaming the players and not themselves. Nighthold mythic beyond the 3rd boss is tuned for 54 artifact traits, so im guessing that's the player's fault...
    Consider it for a second before you say something stupid, ToV wasn't tuned for 54 traits, but top guilds had 54 traits by then anyway, so Blizzard has to tune the next raid around the fact the majority of top players had 54, or would be getting 54 definitely before NH. They were flexible with it.

Oh boy a baseless claim from the lead developer of wow. It's about as comical as their solution to AP imbalance that they've droned on and on about. Their solution is to exacerbate it even further by adding a mind numbing amount of extra power and effort in hopes nobody will even bother lol. It's going to be fun in about 6 months when they see they are wrong.

*hint* players are responsible for their own burnout
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-02-24 at 06:44 AM.

A lot of people here responding to this as "It's the player's fault" as opposed to "It's the GM's fault".
    There is a difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    I really don't even.
    Indeed. Keep flogging yourself. You deserve it.

Well I wouldn't blame the leaders.

If you're on cutting edge progression, and you take 3 weeks off of work to get world first, and then your guild spends 140 hours in 2 weeks trying to get it and you barely miss or can't quite get the last boss until the lockout ends, its hard to keep everyone together when that was the reason you went through all that.

Don't feel bad for these guilds breaking up, so long as endgame progression exists in a difficult form we'll see it. Of course if you recall Xavius, not a lot of guilds broke up over him. So there might be something to say for making Mythic raids easier.

Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    https://clips.twitch.tv/warcraft/OpenDugongYouWHY

What a fucking ass. Seriously.

Fire this guy ASAP.
    ah Ion such a great guy he clearly understands community so well

i feel geniuinly sorry for mythic raiders in incoming 6-12 months -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    "We shouldn't design our game around people playing it 80 hours a week."

>Releases content tuned for people with 54 Artifact traits

Fuck off, Blizzard.
    this so much this

if blizzard dont want people to famr so much tune it accordingly or fire your entire tuning team if they are uncapable of doin so.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Indeed. Keep flogging yourself. You deserve it.
    You really should stick to taking your meds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Consider it for a second before you say something stupid, ToV wasn't tuned for 54 traits, but top guilds had 54 traits by then anyway, so Blizzard has to tune the next raid around the fact the majority of top players had 54, or would be getting 54 definitely before NH. They were flexible with it.
    At the point where you have regional top 1 and world top 20 guilds finish their ap grinds to get a helyah kill I think it's fair to say that the encounter was tuned with them in mind. You may mention the holidays or how unimportant the encounter was but fact is up until nighthold release there have been merely 400 kills I think that definitely speaks for it being a tightly tuned encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    XDDDdD. Ap grind working as intended. Clownfieste expansion
    and peopel were laughing at me when i wrote couple weeks ago in one of ap whine threads that in THEIR (aka blizzard) eyes ap grinds are clearly well designed

they couldnt be more clear with this message imo - in their eyes its time to let go of mythic hardmodes.
    and they decided to follow the "lets burn them out " path to achieve so instead having balls to just remove mythic alltogether.

At the point where you have regional top 1 and world top 20 guilds finish their ap grinds to get a helyah kill I think it's fair to say that the encounter was tuned with them in mind. You may mention the holidays or how unimportant the encounter was but fact is up until nighthold release there have been merely 400 kills I think that definitely speaks for it being a tightly tuned encounter.
    Tightly tuned doesn't equal 54 trait requirement. It's just a brutal fight, tuned correctly so that it requires a lot of time to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    That's funny considering ToV came out nov 8, and world 1st 54 traits didn't happen until dec 9.

- - - Updated - - -

World 1st helya was nov 18, world 1st 54 traits dec 9. Stop bullshitting guys.

Deleted
    Blizzard should remove "Server First" achievements and actively discourage the World First race (they're only discouraging it passively right now). People are clearly too stupid to understand that this is a game and they get offended when you tell them it shouldn't be played for 80h / week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    This is so stupid it's unreal. You'd have to blame GL going all the way back to MC then which is a complete fucking joke. They made Legion like this, and it's the GL fault?

I'd say more but fuck it, that's honestly enough.
    Why? Split runs with 5-6 alts was never really done before WOTLK/CATA. In vanilla and atleast tbc top raid guilds did not raid from 10am-12pm like they do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    Why is it Blizzard's responsibility to baby-sit their users?

If someone is raiding on 5 alts every week, and they get burnout, its their fault. They are choosing to play this way. No one is forcing them to, and if their guild IS forcing them to then again its their fault for being in such a cruddy guild.

Quit trying to abdicate responsibility for your actions and trying to blame Blizzard for your failings. That shit is so fucking old. Grow the fuck up already.
    From the first page, and sums up the situation perfectly. Amen.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

AP is a crutch, not a necessity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    That's funny considering ToV came out nov 8, and world 1st 54 traits didn't happen until dec 9.
    Fair, I mis-remembered.

Still, too many non-world 10 guilds push for their raid to have extremely high traits when it isn't needed. There's a 1/10M guild on my server who's kicking anyone not 54 traits by the 7th of march because he feels that's why they aren't killing Chrono.

It's a common thing atm, the only bosses that need 54 traits + is star augur onwards, the rest can be done without, just with normal progression and patience.

Deleted
    Don't blame blizzard for choices you and your guild master picks.
    The game itself dosnt force you to have 5 mains, or to have BiS legendary gear to complete mythic raiding.
    Sure, it makes it easier and all - but it isn't a requirement for killing M bosses.
    Same goes with grinding AP. I totally agree that it is *some* players mindset that are wrong. Do what you enjoy and you will eventually get there.

Quote Originally Posted by angelblack View Post
    Blizzard should remove "Server First" achievements and actively discourage the World First race (they're only discouraging it passively right now). People are clearly too stupid to understand that this is a game and they get offended when you tell them it shouldn't be played for 80h / week.
    I tend to agree. Not that they really have in any way, at least not in a long time, but they just need to strip any good logical reason to do it. At this point I'm not sure anyone really cares. It gained traction in Vanilla and TBC because it would often take a long time to clear these places. Since it started being done in a matter of weeks I'm not sure that many really care anymore.

Also I see lots of posters arguing they had to do it because that was how it was turned. I look at it from the other side of things. Blizzard had no choice but to design it for 54 points because they looked at the metrics and saw that most mythic guilds were going to be at that point or close to it to begin with.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2017-02-24 at 07:47 AM.