Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Questing was not hard. It was easy. But annoying and long. Wanna know how I leveled as little 8 year old felplague? I sent my pet in and wand spammed. Then the mob died. And hopefully another mob didn't spawn on top of me and kill me. I did that till about level 57

OK farming. Well let's look at that... OK farming. Let's see... You go out into the world. And kill mobs... Same as always... OK... Where is the difference... Again back in vanilla I just walked out. And spammed shadow bolt? Now I have an actual rotation. Where back in vanilla I "curse of shadows. Spam shadowbolt"

If you mean herbs and minerals. I don't see how its easier now... Its still "walk up. Click" just now its much faster... Again. Faster/=/easier

Dungeons. OK dungeons. Again pretty easy. Yes being careful with pulls and watching your sides... Wait that doesn't sound too hard... That sounds like just being slow... Hmm...

Professions aww yes. So much harder back in vanilla I mean... You mined... Then you bought stuff off ah and put them together.. Cool cool... Then you got rare recipes to drop.... OK... How is that hard...?

Wtf does matinenence of your class even mean?

Some parts of raiding? No. Really no parts of raiding.

Lololol traveling was harder. Yes because pressing the fucking w key was so much harder back in the day

A fucking gain. Faster does not mean easier. Yes we have faster mounts now. That means fucking nothing. Your still doing the exact same amount of effort you put in vanilla. Hearing "OK guys AQ raid time" then having to fly from ironforge to menethil harbour. Ride the boat to theramore. Take the flight path to silithus. Then ride south was not hard. It was long...

Stop trying to bullshit

And holy shit this phones horrid auto correct
    From this current post I can rest assured you NEVER played Vanilla let alone TBC. Kindly find your exit, thanks!

I feel like legion would be better if world quest finder auto thing was removed and people in trade chat were looking for people to fill a party to do caches.. i tried too but no one joins. its not that the game was harder its that the community has changed for the worst. It used to be about fun socializing and adventure now its about efficiency and predictability

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Are you kidding? The information is out there. WotLK ended with 12m subs, Cata ended with 6m. I can link the facts if you need me to.
    Then show me. Because everything out there shows data as ending with 9.1 million... Wow didn't reach 6 million again till much much later then data

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sokar View Post
    Nobody argued that Mythic raiding is in any way easier than vanilla raiding, but everything else in game is. Was it worth your time if the guy next to you has nearly the same equip as you just doing a couple of LFR in easy mode?
    The main issue most players liking vanilla have is, the game is easy enough to play it as a single player game until you want to do mythic. And in consequence, the players left are playing it that way. Play 30 mins on a vanilla server and you'll notice the difference how the game is played.

- - - Updated - - -

It's just a fact that the player count increased until LFG and all the other conveniences were introduced at the end of WOTLK, after that it went down. Sure there is the question of correlation vs causation, but for me and many long time player I know, these were the main reasons we started to dislike the game.
    If you read my post you would notice I did. And I played vanilla wow single player till raiding...
    I played back in 2004 and was playing on X till about last week when I got bored of curl stomping bosses
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Then show me. Because everything out there shows data as ending with 9.1 million... Wow didn't reach 6 million again till much much later then data
    You're welcome c:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Worl...86Yv0gTAv1YnM:

You won't get too far with that comment on this Forum. There are so many "Blizzard White Knights" claiming current WoW is better now because "HEY GUISE IT'S SO MUCH MORE ACCESSIBLE! I CAN RAID AND NOT HAVE A CARE IN THE WORLD . Also, what are talents? Who gives a fuck, the "easiest" talents are automatically picked for you when you buy the game"! Damn. Fucking. Shame.
    If they prefer the current game, then good for them, I wouldn't want to take that away from them. I just wish I had a legit way to play Vanilla WoW without having to deal with all the bullshit drama and dodgy dealings in private servers.

Personally I prefer COD4 and COD5 to the new CODs, i'm sure there's people out there who say the current CODs have better graphics, more weapons, more game modes, more depth and whatever, but I prefer the old version. Thankfully I can just stick COD5 into my console and play it. Unfortunately this isn't the case with WoW, and it should be, even if it's just because it's important to preserve a genre defining game that changed the gaming world

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sokar View Post
    Nobody argued that Mythic raiding is in any way easier than vanilla raiding, but everything else in game is. Was it worth your time if the guy next to you has nearly the same equip as you just doing a couple of LFR in easy mode?
    The main issue most players liking vanilla have is, the game is easy enough to play it as a single player game until you want to do mythic. And in consequence, the players left are playing it that way. Play 30 mins on a vanilla server and you'll notice the difference how the game is played.

- - - Updated - - -

It's just a fact that the player count increased until LFG and all the other conveniences were introduced at the end of WOTLK, after that it went down. Sure there is the question of correlation vs causation, but for me and many long time player I know, these were the main reasons we started to dislike the game.
    And no the main reason it dropped in end of wrath was because all the big bars where dead. All the main evils we knew from Warcraft. Gone. Art has illidan kiljaden. Dead. Kaput. Ltd came out before the end of wrath. And it still raised. And lfr didn't come out till the end cata

- - - Updated - - -

From this current post I can rest assured you NEVER played Vanilla let alone TBC. Kindly find your exit, thanks!
    Lol if you want I can make a video of me doing my rotation tonoros. I can't post it here or it will be removed. I can also show you a guide to dpsijg in tbc. Where the rotation literally says "shadowbolt". That was all he locks did in vanilla and BC for dosing... Ds/ruin for life!

Wow this is new, one more tearjerking vanilla thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Uhh are you blind? You said at the end of data wow reached 6 million players... You then link me a graph "see I told you" meanwhile the graph proves you wrong. Showing the lowest CatA hit was 9 mil sub's..

You legit just proved yourself wrong...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-02-24 at 09:27 AM.

But that graph shows 8-9 million at the end of cata. You said 6. You just proved yourself wrong with your own evidence. Well done.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    But that graph shows 8-9 million at the end of cata. You said 6. You just proved yourself wrong with your own evidence. Well done.
    *interwebz highfive"* I know right? Its 4:30 am here. And when I refreshed the page. Opened the link.. I almost woke my neighbors laughing...

And yeah other sources say it is 9 mil. (9.1 to be exact) and also the lower is 7.5 mil. With the upper being 10 and the dot is in the top quarter. So no way it would a been less then 9

Also I wanted to say what you said. But I'm too tired and stressed out about finding a new guild to think about witty remarks
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-02-24 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Desparil View Post
    Wow this is new, one more tearjerking vanilla thread.
    the feels!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokoma View Post
    the feels!
    I feel like you made an account here just to make "vanilla was the best" threads. Because your first post is about how you got banned on the official forms for going on and on about how vanilla was the best. Then your third post is this thread...

Anaxie is that you? I know this is your third ban this month but come on... Maybe you need a break apart from mmochamp... He's been abusive to you beating you with that ban hammer...

I feel like you made an account here just to make "vanilla was the best" threads. Because your first post is about how you got banned on the official forms for going on and on about how vanilla was the best. Then your third post is this thread...

Anaxie is that you? I know this is your third ban this month but come on... Maybe you need a break apart from mmochamp... He's been abusive to you beating you with that ban hammer...
    well i feel like your just here to troll and try to get this chat shutdown i don't understand why people do this sort of thing......why in the worled would i get a ban hammer for talking about old wow....smh......i don't typically post here but it's kind of a dull night for me not that i'm even doing anything wrong....

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of text
    I do agree with most of what you're saying, however, you're simplifying it to much. Speed and difficulty have no correlation. I think the word hard also has different meanings to different people. Vanilla wasn't hard as in "you can't do it". It was hard as in: it required you to be careful and/or spend more time to get something done.

Questing was not hard.
    Sure wasn't, but it required you to be more careful or you'd die. Granted I haven't tried leveling in current wow without heirlooms.

farming
    Sure it is about the same, with the exception that it's faster now and there are way less things worthy of farming.

If you mean herbs and minerals
    This was slower as you say, sure. But it was also harder, if you found a node protected by 3 or 4 mobs, you'd risk dying just clearing the mobs to get to the node. Today you just charge in and press whatever aoe button you have twice and you're done..

Dungeons
    Dungeons were slower yeah, and required CC. Not that hard, but still, it required communication and thought. Where as today you just charge in and aoe everything down.. So sure, it was slower, but it also required more effort, thus, harder.

Professions
    Sure not harder, but I personally miss being able to farm mats for an item, which usually took over a week, and then spend 2-3 days just to find a crafter who could create my beautiful Lionheart Helm, who accepted a fee you could actually afford. Not harder, but slower and required more effort.

Some parts of raiding? No. Really no parts of raiding
    Raiding I can agree with is way harder now. The hard parts of raiding in vanilla was finding enough good players so that you could carry the other half of the raid.. You can't really compare a raid boss in vanilla to a raid boss today. This has improved so much.

Traveling
    No, traveling was never hard. That said, it was more fun to travel in vanilla, mostly due to not knowing how the game worked. And going to Tanaris for the first time, man you felt you achieved something just getting there. Not because it was hard, but because it took time.

A fucking gain. Faster does not mean easier.
    I agree, but also, faster does not mean better. There are no correlation between the terms. What it all ends up at is: What do you enjoy more? Finishing something slow and tedius feels more rewarding for some people. Where as others enjoy being done as fast as possible. I personally had muuuch more fun in vanilla than I do now. But looking at my life today, current WoW is so much better, since I don't have the time to play as I did back in Vanilla. It's all about perspective and what you personally enjoy.

I enjoyed farming my Lionheart for a couple of weeks and then get an item that would last me forever, than to chain-run the same mythic over and over again to grind out my AP. The Lionheart farm felt sooo rewarding, where as the AP grind does not. And if I were to grind the materials in todays wow for an epic item? I'd probably get it in a day or two, and then replace the item a week later..

All in all: You can't generalize and say this or that was harder because of several reaons, some being:
    • Some aspects were harder before, some are harder now
    • The definition of hard varies between players
    • Time and difficulty are not correlated.
    • Fast and Better are not necesarily true either, depends on the player
    • What feels rewarding to players differ

The above is just my opinion, as someone who enjoyed (and to some extent enjoy) vanilla, but who is also rather happy with the current WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokoma View Post
    well i feel like your just here to troll and try to get this chat shutdown i don't understand why people do this sort of thing......why in the worled would i get a ban hammer for talking about old wow....smh......i don't typically post here but it's kind of a dull night for me not that i'm even doing anything wrong....
    Its more of

1. You got banned off the official forums. So... You odviously pissed them off. You didn't just go "I miss this" because they don't ban you for that. If you could can you link me the thread you were banned for?
    2. We get these kinda "vanilla was the best" threads all the time. A new one each week. Even when we had the mega thread for it. People should just make one thread and stick to it. We don't need hundreds.

Did we play the same game? I remember people going MENTAL when a fire resistance ring dropped, regardless of what other stats it had.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not goingto qoute you cause long text and phone dorsent like to deal with all that text. Hopefully you see this. If not when I get on my PC when I wake up I will woute you

I agree with everything but a few points.

1. Yes dungeons required cc and such... But once you became geared. Well they became a shit show. Dungeons still require cc and careful planning now. As long as you arnt completely out gearing your current content. Try doing mythics on a fresh 110 with no heirloom ttinkrt?/crafted. Just fresh leveling greens and blues

2. Now was running into tanaris your first time and not knowing how the game worked epic because of the time it took to get there... Or because you were new to the game and didn't know how it worked SL pretty much anything would amaze you?

Nor did I say faster means better. Its just. In this dang fucking age where people seem to be having less and less free time. And there is so many god danm games to play. Is it better that you can get the same done in 3 hours then what used to take 9? Like. I love vanilla. There is a reason I've gone back to it a few times. But it is not a "100% better game"

Its like that uncle that's weird and sorta an asshole. But you like to see him once i n awhile cause he buys you gifts. Yeah he's cooll he gets you gifts. But well the alcoholism and the racist jokes..
    Come on man... That's so 2004/5

Its more of

1. You got banned off the official forums. So... You odviously pissed them off. You didn't just go "I miss this" because they don't ban you for that. If you could can you link me the thread you were banned for?
    2. We get these kinda "vanilla was the best" threads all the time. A new one each week. Even when we had the mega thread for it. People should just make one thread and stick to it. We don't need hundreds.
    1. why don't you just go ahead and bounce?
    2. i got banned over mensening how i thought the moderators aren't doing their job because at the time i was being harassed by a poster
    3. 3 i don't appreciate what you're doing right now its ridiculous just bounce

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakks View Post
    I do believe that it's same guy over and over again just with different account name that is making these posts.
    And its the same guy making new accounts to post counter arguments everytime right? Hey, perhaps there is only 2 people in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh snap, Vanilla had subs climbing. If only retail could do that now.. oh well..

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    text

1. Yes dungeons required cc and such... But once you became geared. Well they became a shit show. Dungeons still require cc and careful planning now. As long as you arnt completely out gearing your current content. Try doing mythics on a fresh 110 with no heirloom ttinkrt?/crafted. Just fresh leveling greens and blues
    Yes I agree, but in vanilla you had no choice but to run the dungeons until you had gear to progress further. But I suppose it at that point becomes more of a question regarding how long content lasts. Either way, getting decked out in vanilla required you to (in todays term) run those mythics dungeons in greens and blues, where as today you'd start with easier dungeons and WQs, and the progress into Mythics. Which makes sense. But it also feels less rewarding. If you HAD to jump straight into mythics when dinged 110, it'd be the vanilla kind of rewarding.

2. Now was running into tanaris your first time and not knowing how the game worked epic because of the time it took to get there... Or because you were new to the game and didn't know how it worked SL pretty much anything would amaze you?
    Yeah no I agree, most of the things that made vanilla great was the uniqueness and new, mystic experience.

Nor did I say faster means better. Its just. In this dang fucking age where people seem to be having less and less free time. And there is so many god danm games to play. Is it better that you can get the same done in 3 hours then what used to take 9? Like. I love vanilla. There is a reason I've gone back to it a few times. But it is not a "100% better game"
    No, completely agree with you, and my initial post was not entirely directed at you. Faster is better for me in this aspect, but the bad thing about faster is that it doesn't feel as rewarding (to me). But if I were to play vanilla with my current life situation, I doubt I'd get past level 30 in half a year..

Its like that uncle that's weird and sorta an asshole. But you like to see him once i n awhile cause he buys you gifts. Yeah he's cooll he gets you gifts. But well the alcoholism and the racist jokes..
    Come on man... That's so 2004/5

Haha, not sure I buy that simile.. I'd say it's closer to being a child and still believing that Santa is real :P

Either way, I think we agree on most points.