Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WOWandchill View Post

Imagine how much better would Legion be if it had these things?
    Do you live in opposite land? Everyone knows Legion is a thousand times better than that piece of shit expansion WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    You really think so? What was so bad with Highmaul? I'm really curious because that raid was in my opinion one of the best introduction raids they've done. The bosses got harder in a smooth way and mechanics started of rather easy to step it up later. It has a great environment, open spaces, corridors, ladders, rooms and hallways, a good mix of many things. I'm not bashing you or anything, just curious what made you basically think the opposite of me^^

Every expansion has its good and bad things. I don't think there has been a particular bad expansion nor a super awesome magical unicorn level of an expansion either. Had fun in everyone. I'll state some things I liked about WoD though:
    Flying, or rather, the lack of and introduction of achievement bound flying
    The cut scenes
    Iron Docks - That shit was great! The humour was just so spot on
    Ashran - was great going on solo missions brawling a superior number while being buffed, if you managed you'd feel great!
    Garrison - Not flawless but a good steppingstone, was fun being the commander

There are most likely more things but those above is what I could remember from top of my head.
    Imperator was a good fight. Tectus too I admit. Rest were just boring as shit. As for HFC. Not a single boss interested me at all in that raid. End of the day though it's just down to personal taste.

Wod was great. Till you hit level cap and had nothing to do unless you were a raider, and even if you were after your raid . . . . You went back to having nothing to do again.

Haha World of Garrisons was the worst xpac ever in WoW, i dont even think you can argue with that. So much more to do in Legion, ofc Legion still have some huge flaws like the legendary system and the huge amount of rng involved in almost everything you do. But you almost never run out of stuff to do in Legion, specially if you have an alt you sometimes dont even have time to all the stuff on both characthers. In WoD you could do everything first day of the reset and then just go offline for the entire week because there was no stuff to do

Literally the only positive thing I can think of for WoD is that BM Hunters weren't crippled and utterly worthless back then like they are in Legion.
    Everything else in it is pure garbage, doubly so since I was in the beta early on, and can see they never once listened to a single bit of feedback they'd gotten the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Literally the only positive thing I can think of for WoD is that BM Hunters weren't crippled and utterly worthless back then like they are in Legion.
    Everything else in it is pure garbage, doubly so since I was in the beta early on, and can see they never once listened to a single bit of feedback they'd gotten the whole time.
    Yeah it was motherfucking SV that took that honor. Which annoyed me because I mained it in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Gold........
    Admittedly the only good thing about the Garrison. Made me a very rich Troll.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wod wasnt great but still better than legion
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

I'm kinda laughing at this thread and the expression of opinions.

I didn't like Warlords of Draenor - so before the first raid finished it's cycle I unsubbed.
    I see a fair few 'complaining' at how bad Legion is but I wonder if you truly unlike it, have you unsubbed to actually express the distaste?

was the worst expansion of all.
    I never quit so fast, and i play since USA open beta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    was the worst expansion of all.
    I never quit so fast, and i play since USA open beta
    I didn't quit (I never do) - but in no expansion have I played so few hours so far. After the first while I literally only logged in for the garrison once per day because there was nothing interesting to do for me. Legion has its flaws, sure - like every single other expansion. But it is much, much better than WoD has ever been, at any given point.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Like I agree that WoD was pretty terrible in many aspects of the game but the questing experience is heralded as the best experience by many to any expansion prior. If you don't believe it, just go back and thread search. Everyone praised the questing experience. I don't even think Legion beats it although it may come close.
    Ye, the questing experience was great but how they handled the lore of wod was shocking, and outside of the two starting zones there were some gaping plot holes in the other, otherwise great, zones story lines.

The Great thing about WOD was knowing the same morons did the class design in Legion and it saved me the hassle of re-subbing.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoD was garbage, Legion is getting there. Just wait until the content drought hits. Are we getting content at a half decent pace now? Yeah. Will this be the first expansion without a massive content drought? We'll see.

lol, good one OP.
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    Wod couldve been great if they had supported it with content patches. I didnt mind how wod worked (gearing only from raids is ok for me, class design was better for me (MM hunter), garisons were kinda stupid but didnt ruin the game for me).

The problem for me was that there was nothing to do outside raids after 1/2 months, but I think they couldve easily fixed that if they had actually added some non-raid content in 6.1. There was potential for so much story to be told but they all cut it resulting in a illogical story in 6.2 to set up the next expansion.

There shouldve been a series of quest added in 6.1 leading up to the BrF raid similar to the insurrection quest line in 7.1 for the Nighthold. There also shouldve been a new max lvl zone added (Farahlon?) with some relevant world content. Then there shouldve been a middle tier shattrah raid that actually properly ended the iron horde story before Guldan took charge of the remains and Tanaan was released.

class balance? the expansion where the burst classes did like 2 times more DPS than the others?
    lulz
    and i even liked wod

I don't get why people keep crying about class balance, if you actually look at logs you'd see that currently we have one of the best balanced patches, from a PvE standpoint. I belive Exorsus mentioned this in their post-World First interview with Method.

I started thinking of WoD and I coincidentally started puking everywhere